Starter
And1: 650

Zach Randolph headed to the Bucks? 

Post#1 » by taufblazers33 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:01 pm

Yadadimean
Analyst
And1: 76

Post#2 » by Yadadimean » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:15 pm

Too bad. I was hoping the Kings could get him.
Signature
swede
Assistant Coach
And1: 6

Post#3 » by swede » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:17 pm

Nice, clearing salary for a Miles move!
Cyborg21 wrote:Screw you Batum, throwing us under the bus, I hope we destroy these scum next year.
Voodoo
Sixth Man
And1: 12

Post#4 » by Voodoo » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:23 pm

swede wrote:Nice, clearing salary for a Miles move!

Hah! The NBA where amazingly stupid happens!
Yadadimean
Analyst
And1: 76

Post#5 » by Yadadimean » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:23 pm

^^^LOL I think Thomas might be done with us...but then again he's not that bright so he probably would. But I dont think there is such a thing as clearing salary for the knick. The only guys not making 900 mil this year are guys on rookie contracts
Signature
JohnCanzano
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#6 » by JohnCanzano » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:09 pm

Hold it.

*John Canzano Elert*

This report says that it came from the Oregonian's John Canzano through one of his NBA sources. As intelligent sports fans in the northwest we know that John Canzano doesn't have any sources, NBA or otherwise. And this so-called report has been made up out of thin air and is completely wrong just like any 'inside' information John Canzano claims to have.

Please see: Ernie Kent being fired from Oregon after the 2006 season, and claimed inside information that Marc Iavoroni was the new Trail Blazers coach just days before Portland hired Nate McMillan.

Thanks for your time and trust that this report is 100% false.

Good day.
swede
Assistant Coach

Post#7 » by swede » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:12 pm

Thanks John, always appreciate you clearing that up.
Cyborg21 wrote:Screw you Batum, throwing us under the bus, I hope we destroy these scum next year.
d-train
RealGM
And1: 1,098

Post#8 » by d-train » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:13 pm

I hope Zach is traded from the Knicks. I would like Zach to get into a better situation and I would like to see what Knicks get for him.
swede
Assistant Coach

Post#9 » by swede » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:17 pm

Where would he be a good fit exactly?
Voodoo
Sixth Man
And1: 12

Post#10 » by Voodoo » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:22 pm

I don't know if it would still be a good fit, but I remember Chicago was rumored to have been interested in Zach time and again when he was still here.
Dakotah612
Head Coach

Post#11 » by Dakotah612 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:24 pm

Bobby Simmons and Dan Gadzuric works. I'd rather have Channing Frye or Rudy Fernandez or James Jones over what the Bucks are willing to give up for Zach and the hoop family.
"Damn the Blazers. Damn them to hell. They are working the rest of the league like a speedbag."
- Bill Simmons
swede
Assistant Coach

Post#12 » by swede » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:27 pm

I dunno. I have a feeling that teams with Zach Randolph featured as a focal point just suck. It's so nice seeing people pass the ball because they - hold on with me - don't want to take the shot. Z-Bo is like that kid on your pick-up that just will not stop popping 3s so you stop passing to him. Imagine how lame it was playing basketball when you were like a 5th grader against a 240 pound Z-Bo trying to be Magic Johnson. Even on his team you would be like, teacher Z-bo won't pass the rock. And that's a 5th grade Z-Bo!
TradeMachine
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#13 » by TradeMachine » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:38 pm

Simmons and Gadzuric wouldn't really help the Knicks' contract situation. Milwaukee would be getting a good deal if that was what really was proposed. IMO, Redd + ZBo would be a devastating inside/out combo.

PS> I can't believe Clozono's quote was used in wiretap. He is the last person to believe regarding any trade rumors.
Spykes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16

Post#14 » by Spykes » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:05 pm

TradeMachine wrote:Simmons and Gadzuric wouldn't really help the Knicks' contract situation. Milwaukee would be getting a good deal if that was what really was proposed. IMO, Redd + ZBo would be a devastating inside/out combo.

PS> I can't believe Clozono's quote was used in wiretap. He is the last person to believe regarding any trade rumors.

I don't think the Knicks ever consider their "contract situation" when contemplating trades.
ludachris
Sophomore

Post#15 » by ludachris » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:44 pm

Well now we see how good that deal for Frye really was. Even though Zach was more talented than anything we got back, but sometimes its just not talent that wins games!! this is why im afraid about what we plan to do with miles!!

- If you thought the Wallace's were good, u ain't seen nothing yet! -
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,135

Post#16 » by tsherkin » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:10 am

Zach has actually been playing pretty well in New York; his rebounding and passing have been extremely good and his suppressed offensive numbers have much more to do with the foolishness of the Knicks in all its myriad forms than anything Zach himself is doing wrong.

He may not have fit with the Blazers well at all but he'll find somewhere wherein he will be a good match.
mojomarc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 966

Post#17 » by mojomarc » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:08 am

tsherkin wrote:He may not have fit with the Blazers well at all but he'll find somewhere wherein he will be a good match.

By "good match," do you mean a team where Zbo can put up the same sort of numbers he put up in Portland, or do you mean a team where he can be a significant difference maker in wins to the point where he's the force that gets a team into the playoffs or deeper into the playoffs?
BigOrangeBalls
Sixth Man
And1: 2

Post#18 » by BigOrangeBalls » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:40 am

Yes!

:clap:

Another Zach thread!

Who thinks the Zach trade was good? Who doesn't?

Is Zach a bad player on a bad team, or a good player on a bad team?

How would you rate Zach's defense?

Is Zach a Lego maniac?
d-train
RealGM

Post#19 » by d-train » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:08 am

mojomarc wrote:By "good match," do you mean a team where Zbo can put up the same sort of numbers he put up in Portland, or do you mean a team where he can be a significant difference maker in wins to the point where he's the force that gets a team into the playoffs or deeper into the playoffs?

Like any player Zach's numbers depend on his role with his team. Nate wanted Zach to score so he ran offense through Zach because Blazers had very little talent other than Zach. IMO the ideal situation for Zach is as a 2nd or 3rd option on offense with very few plays run through him. The best role for Zach would be as a rebounder/garbage scorer. This year
d-train
RealGM

Post#20 » by d-train » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:12 am

TradeMachine wrote:IMO, Redd + ZBo would be a devastating inside/out combo.

+1

Considering the source of this story the chances of there being any truth in it is nearly zero. Truth be told, the chances are exactly zero.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers