ESPN Rumor Central brief...

Moderators: The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem

mojomarc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 966

ESPN Rumor Central brief... 

Post#1 » by mojomarc » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:51 pm

"Will Wade Bolt in Two Years?" is the title, and it's all about how Dwyane Wade is able to opt out of his contract coincidentally right at the time that we're going to have cap space. This got me thinking--let's say we did have a chance to get Wade (yeah, I know it's basically an impossibility). Would you go after him if it only took cash or, at worst, a sign-and-trade where we had to give up only picks and possibly a couple of cheap players so he could get a max deal, would you do it? In other words--could Roy and Wade co-exist in the same backcourt?
kumquat
Starter
And1: 63

Post#2 » by kumquat » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:57 pm

I think they could. Wade seemed to have no problems co-existing with shaq, unlike kobe.
Billy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 161

Post#3 » by Billy » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:11 pm

I think Wade and Roy would be a great tandem in the back court together. My only concerns with Wade is the injuries. That shoulder injury sounded gruesome and sounds like something that could dog him for the rest of his career.

That said, if Wade was willing to sign in Portland I think the Blazers would be crazy not to take it.

Edit: I actually was looking at Hoopshype earlier and it shows Wade has having the option year the year after Portland is due to have their cap space.

According to this ESPN article written back when Wade was signed, it makes it sound like that is true. Maybe I'm reading it wrong?
BlackMamba
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 81

Post#4 » by BlackMamba » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:12 pm

well, i think it's an obvious thing that wade needs the ball and that he in fact can win a game, even a championship, almost by his own.

on the other hand roy is a team guy, so i think they could compliment and coexist each other.

the bad thing would be if it was for some sort of sign-and-trade, would the blazers trade someone like aldridge?
Spykes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16

Post#5 » by Spykes » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:18 pm

According to Hoopshype, Wade's option year is a year after we should have our cap space. He'd be on his final guaranteed year during the summer of 09.

That aside, I'm not a huge fan of bringing Wade in. I question how well they could coexist. But more than anything, I'm just too worried about his shoulder injury. I agree with Billy in that it sounds like something that could follow the him the rest of his career.
mojomarc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by mojomarc » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:21 pm

Billy wrote:Edit: I actually was looking at Hoopshype earlier and it shows Wade has having the option year the year after Portland is due to have their cap space.

According to this ESPN article written back when Wade was signed, it makes it sound like that is true. Maybe I'm reading it wrong?

I could have read it wrong--reading the original article instead of the ESPN synopsis of it, it says Wade "able to opt out of his contract after two more seasons." The "more" seems to imply to me that your read is correct and that he's out after 2010.

Of course, that just means we have to figure out how to sign-and-trade for him with whatever max free agent we sign in 2009 :D
Mr Odd
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#7 » by Mr Odd » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:02 am

Wade & Roy could play fine together.

But even if Wades contract was up I
cant see Wade signing in Portland.. .

I have nothing to base this on other
then a gut feeling.. .But Roy & Wade
on the same team would be deadly.. .
bing'o-bang'o-bong'o-baby!!
swede
Assistant Coach
And1: 6

Post#8 » by swede » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:08 am

Roy & Wade are sick on the same team based on my NBA Live 08. Greg, LA, James Jones, Roy & Wade are my starters.
Cyborg21 wrote:Screw you Batum, throwing us under the bus, I hope we destroy these scum next year.
Yadadimean
Analyst
And1: 76

Post#9 » by Yadadimean » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:24 am

But Live sucks
Signature
mojomarc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by mojomarc » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:01 am

swede wrote:Roy & Wade are sick on the same team based on my NBA Live 08. Greg, LA, James Jones, Roy & Wade are my starters.

I think that's th method KP uses to evaluate talent, too, and look at how good he is :D
The Emcee
General Manager
And1: 156

Post#11 » by The Emcee » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:52 am

mojomarc wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I think that's th method KP uses to evaluate talent, too, and look at how good he is :D

Seems like he makes his trades thru Live as well :D

Return to Portland Trail Blazers