Starter
And1: 63

Sweet assist by rudy 

Post#1 » by kumquat » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:38 pm

541Blaza
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#2 » by 541Blaza » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:49 pm

Rudy, to ODEN for the dunk. Boomchakalaka! Ole Ole Ole Ole!
cucad8
Head Coach
And1: 1,142

Post#3 » by cucad8 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:27 pm

Speaking of Rudy, anyone have a clue where I can get one of his jerseys at? For the team he plays on now? I have tried looking a little, but not being a Spanish speaker has thwarted most of my attempts, I believe. Or, Spanish reader, really.
mojomarc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 966

Post#4 » by mojomarc » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:31 pm

541Blaza wrote:Rudy, to ODEN for the dunk. Boomchakalaka! Ole Ole Ole Ole!

For Oden, though, you can give him the ball above the FT line and he can do that one. Kinda like this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8fv810QfY8

:clap:
Mr Odd
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#5 » by Mr Odd » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:01 pm

mojomarc wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

For Oden, though, you can give him the ball above the FT line and he can do that one. Kinda like this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8fv810QfY8

:clap:

Ahh-that makes my mind race with what could be.. .
bing'o-bang'o-bong'o-baby!!
Papercut
Junior

Post#6 » by Papercut » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:44 pm

cucad8 wrote:Speaking of Rudy, anyone have a clue where I can get one of his jerseys at? For the team he plays on now? I have tried looking a little, but not being a Spanish speaker has thwarted most of my attempts, I believe. Or, Spanish reader, really.

I thought I would look for you, because I do speak Spanish, but he actually plays for a team in Catalonia, so I quickly learned that all of their website is in Catalan. I was like, "why is everything spelled so weird?" until I realized. :wink:
UGotThrilled
Pro Prospect
And1: 6

Post#7 » by UGotThrilled » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:17 am

I am so excited to see what this kid can do
Chitan
Freshman

Post#8 » by Chitan » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:09 pm

cucad8
Head Coach
And1: 1,142

Post#9 » by cucad8 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:20 pm

Awesome. THanks a lot. Now to find a dollar conversion for 46.55c. Anyone have a clue what currency that is? Thanks again.
nordique
Pro Prospect
And1: 10

Post#10 » by nordique » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:32 pm

Papercut wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I thought I would look for you, because I do speak Spanish, but he actually plays for a team in Catalonia, so I quickly learned that all of their website is in Catalan. I was like, "why is everything spelled so weird?" until I realized. :wink:

Just click the Spanish flag at the top (the right one) and voila!
senfono
Senior
And1: 11

Post#11 » by senfono » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:45 pm

Rudy with an awesome game today:

32:41 34 PTS 8/14 57% 2P 4/9 44% 3P 6/6 100% FT 5 RB 3ST 0 TO
Red Robot
Assistant Coach
And1: 114

Post#12 » by Red Robot » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:25 pm

cucad8 wrote:Awesome. THanks a lot. Now to find a dollar conversion for 46.55c. Anyone have a clue what currency that is? Thanks again.
They're Euro, and they're worth like $1.50. I remember when they were closer to half that.

Thank the president.
Tim Lehrbach
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,989

Post#13 » by Tim Lehrbach » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:16 pm

Red Robot wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

They're Euro, and they're worth like $1.50. I remember when they were closer to half that.

Thank the president.

*waits for mojomarc*
Clipsz 4 Life
January 20, 2002-May 17, 2006
Saxon
February 20, 2001-August 9, 2007
mojomarc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by mojomarc » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:53 am

Tim Lehrbach wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

*waits for mojomarc*

Why should I respond to such a ridiculous comment? Seriously--what does the president, any president, have to do with exchange rates? You may as well believe in the tooth fairy.
Tim Lehrbach
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,989

Post#15 » by Tim Lehrbach » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:05 am

:P
Clipsz 4 Life

January 20, 2002-May 17, 2006

Saxon

February 20, 2001-August 9, 2007
Red Robot
Assistant Coach
And1: 114

Post#16 » by Red Robot » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:33 am

mojomarc wrote:Why should I respond to such a ridiculous comment? Seriously--what does the president, any president, have to do with exchange rates? You may as well believe in the tooth fairy.

Huh? A weak dollar is all but the stated policy of the administration. And whatever could the president have to do with budget and trade deficits? His policies certainly couldn't be contributing to those.

You could argue that some devaluation is a good thing, but it's difficult to argue that Bush doesn't support it. And yes, for whatever it's worth, the Euro is strong for reasons that have little to do with the United States.

Rudy looks good. I wonder where he'd go in this year's draft.
mojomarc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by mojomarc » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:24 am

Red Robot wrote:Huh? A weak dollar is all but the stated policy of the administration. And whatever could the president have to do with budget and trade deficits? His policies certainly couldn't be contributing to those.

Which policies? In general, interest rates are set by the Fed independent of the Executive Branch, and interest rates drive exchange rates more than any other factor. Next you see capital flows affecting interest rates, but the major factor affecting capital flows in favor of the Euro in the last five years has been Sarbannes-Oxley, which has led companies to shift their stock markets of choice to European markets and away from the NYSE and NASDAQ, increasing the demand for the Euro in terms of capital flow. Recent studies show that it has been SarBox that has been decreasing the demand for the dollar against the Euro.

The only problem, though, is that the GOP and in particular President Bush has been calling for a roll-back of several of the SarbOx provisions, but Congressional Democrats have refused under the name of "necessary congressional oversight of business" following the Enron and Tyco scandals.

I guess my biggest objection is the idea that everything wrong is Bush's fault. When it comes to the economy in particular, presidents get credit for economic success and blame for recessions, but in both cases the president really has virtually no influence either way. Presidents can suggest tax policy, but they don't set it. Presidents can suggest monetary policy changes, but it is the independent Fed that actually sets that policy. Hence my tooth fairy comment--saying Bush is behind he currency fall and it is administration policy is like saying it is administration policy to regulate flying spaghetti monsters. It might sound good to talk about what they'd do, but in the end there really isn't anything that they can do. This was true in terms of Clinton causing the 1999-2000 bubble, and it is just as true now with Bush.
BigOrangeBalls
Sixth Man
And1: 2

Post#18 » by BigOrangeBalls » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:36 pm

Mojomarc supports Bush? Even after the fiasco of the last 8 years?

This explains a lot.

:vent:

BTW, a huge debt borrowed to finance a "war" could have something to do with the weak dollar. Our tax code is also another huge reason.

BTW Mojomarc, before you flame me, I blame the Democrats as well as the worst president in the history of our country.
mojomarc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by mojomarc » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:30 pm

BigOrangeBalls wrote:Mojomarc supports Bush? Even after the fiasco of the last 8 years?

Who said I supported Bush?

BTW, a huge debt borrowed to finance a "war" could have something to do with the weak dollar. Our tax code is also another huge reason.

The "huge" debt is a fallacy. The debt at this point is really no worse as a percentage of GDP than it has been in any meaningful sense since the start of the Clinton administration: http://zfacts.com/p/318.html. Furthermore, there is no real correlation between debt and exchange rates--our exchange rates were at historic highs during the Reagan administration, getting closer than ever in reaching parity with the Pound and hitting historic highs against the Franc and Deutschmark, and yet our debt growth was higher uner Reagan than any president since. Also, our tax code has no affect on exchange rates that have been measurable historically.

BTW Mojomarc, before you flame me, I blame the Democrats as well as the worst president in the history of our country.

I'm not picking on a party at all. I'm simply pointing out that most of what people think they know about economics when they blame Bush for things like the falling value of the dollar are incorrect.

And for the record, there is nothing Bush could do short of starting a nuclear holocaust that could make him worse than Jimmy Carter. But maybe you aren't old enough to remember him.
Profanity
Rookie
And1: 15

Post#20 » by Profanity » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:00 pm

Bush or not... what a steal you have with Rudy!

Return to Portland Trail Blazers