ImageImage

**** The REFS!

Moderators: The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem

blazersmaniac8
Analyst
And1: 0

**** The REFS! 

Post#1 » by blazersmaniac8 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:47 pm

That is all. I know this will probably be locked but I need to vent before I go to work.
1. Calderons 3 was a 2...
2. Bosh hugs webster and everyone in the stadium stands still waiting for the call :roll:
That stupid f'in ref should not be given a whistle next game but instead be forced to yell, FOUL and stuff since he isnt gonna use the whistle anyways.
F the nbas officiating it is REALLY screwing over the fans. I will toronto this though they played tough and gritty and I'm pretty sure they arent known for that so props to them. Looks like the refs were trying to make it 3 miracles since their **** ass officiating hurt us. Outlaw 4 point play, Roy far out 3 after rebound and Webster you must make a shot where bosh f'in hugs you. GL :nonono:
Indiana Jones
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,548
Location: Assistant Dean of Students, Marshall College, Bedford, Connecticut

Post#2 » by Indiana Jones » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:56 pm

were you watching the same game? cause the blazers got away with a lot...

anyway, see y'all next year...
positivetension
Veteran
And1: 1,150

Post#3 » by positivetension » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:58 pm

The refs weren't exactly the greatest for the Raptors either.

The 3 Outlaw fouled Delfino on. No call.

Roy and Aldridge jumping into Bosh in the overtimes. No Call.

Outlaws 4pt play, dubious. Didn't look like much contact but he sold it well.

Roy falling out of bounds into Bosh. Could have been a foul, no call.

Roy also got a few phantom calls. The kid is good though.
Milkdud
RealGM
And1: 137

Post#4 » by Milkdud » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:59 pm

the refs were not the problem what so ever. They might have missed a call here and there but hardly in a fashion that hurt the outcome of the game. :wavefinger:
J~Rush
Head Coach
And1: 28

Post#5 » by J~Rush » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:00 pm

Milkdud wrote:the refs were not the problem what so ever. They might have missed a call here and there but hardly in a fashion that hurt the outcome of the game. :nod:
e
Voodoo
Sixth Man
And1: 12

Post#6 » by Voodoo » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:01 pm

Milkdud wrote:the refs were not the problem what so ever. They might have missed a call here and there but hardly in a fashion that hurt the outcome of the game. :wavefinger:

I agree with that completely, they were just not consistent at all this game, not necessarily helping us or hurting us because of their inconsistency.
Ripcity4life
Analyst
And1: 218

Post#7 » by Ripcity4life » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:03 pm

If there is a MOD around please lock this Thread. This whining about the refs makes Blazer fans look bad. There have been a few Raptor fans come by and say plenty of nice things. However what do some do ... Whine and Whine some more.

I am calling the Whaaaaamulance for some of you now GET a Clue !!
Bustabucket
Freshman

Post#8 » by Bustabucket » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:06 pm

positivetension wrote:
Roy and Aldridge jumping into Bosh in the overtimes. No Call.

Roy falling out of bounds into Bosh. Could have been a foul, no call.

Bosh Practically bear hugged webster and no call was made

Roy fell into anthony parker if I remember correctly.[/b]
Bustabucket
Freshman

Post#9 » by Bustabucket » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:08 pm

Ripcity4life wrote:If there is a MOD around please lock this Thread. This whining about the refs makes Blazer fans look bad. There have been a few Raptor fans come by and say plenty of nice things. However what do some do ... Whine and Whine some more.

Im sure the raptor fans are plenty happy right now.
Voodoo
Sixth Man
And1: 12

Post#10 » by Voodoo » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:08 pm

Ripcity4life wrote:If there is a MOD around please lock this Thread. This whining about the refs makes Blazer fans look bad. There have been a few Raptor fans come by and say plenty of nice things. However what do some do ... Whine and Whine some more.

I think a lot of us are still getting off the emotion roller coaster we just suffered through, may take a few of us an hour or so to cool off and be a bit more realistic. I agree though the ref's didn't give it to Toronto, it was just a poorly refed game for both sides. Toronto played a great game and deserved it, should be giving them props for playing a good game start to finish even with the miracles we were getting quarter after quarter.
Boogie-Boogz
Rookie
And1: 9

Post#11 » by Boogie-Boogz » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:08 pm

Frye was not called for his up and down..The Refs were helping you guys out if anything.
evilRyu
General Manager
And1: 2

Post#12 » by evilRyu » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:18 pm

Just wanna give the Blazers some props, that was a very well played game. THe officiating was consistently HORRIBLE. Looking forward to future matchups
Charlie78
Starter
And1: 81

Post#13 » by Charlie78 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:19 pm

I'm not going to be a whiner because I know that we didnt lose because of the refs. But the Toronto fans keep pointing to that up and down. Which didnt result in points and they were very clearly given a make up call when roy got hammered about 2 seconds later. Plus they are not calling those fouls when a player starts in the lower defensive box. Which bosh does all the time. As long as roy and aldridge go straight up and down and dont initiate contact which is what i saw they arnt going to give him that. The falling out of bounds play was also legit and there was no foul. Blazers fans need to stop crying but so do raptors fans for god sakes you won.
Bustabucket
Freshman

Post#14 » by Bustabucket » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:23 pm

how does calling a 2 point shot a 3 not directly impact the score.
541Blaza
Sixth Man

Post#15 » by 541Blaza » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:30 pm

Refs weren't the problem, Nate was. It's sad too, because 90% of the time I'm a fan of Nate, but then he pulls this dumbass crap.
TheRaptor!
General Manager
And1: 5,562

Post#16 » by TheRaptor! » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:31 pm

Bustabucket wrote:how does calling a 2 point shot a 3 not directly impact the score.

Because portland would not has shot a 3 to counter.
BigOrangeBalls
Sixth Man
And1: 2

Post#17 » by BigOrangeBalls » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:33 pm

Bustabucket wrote:how does calling a 2 point shot a 3 not directly impact the score.

If it had been scored a 2 instead of a 3, it is doubtful the Blazers would have taken any 3 point shots.

Besides, the Blazers tied the game and played another OT.

NBA refs rarely have a good game, IMHO. The NFL does a much better job.

In any case, the Raptors won because they played better in the last OT. Not because of the refs.
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,335

Post#18 » by Wizenheimer » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:35 pm

c'mon, how often does a team convert a 4 point play to force overtime??

It was a fluke that Portland extended the game, especially considering the open shots they missed and the porous defense they played.

whining about the officiating in this game is really weak.
doogul
Rookie
And1: 50

Post#19 » by doogul » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:35 pm

It doesn't directly affect the score because whether it's a 2 or a 3 changes the Blazer's strategy on their final possession. We have no idea what Portland might have tried if it had been called a 2. Hell, if it was called a 2, we might not have scored at all because of forcing it inside and the game could have been over (that would be kinda funny). There is no way we can blame the refs for this loss.
TBpup
Lead Assistant
And1: 241

Post#20 » by TBpup » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:39 pm

Bustabucket wrote:
how does calling a 2 point shot a 3 not directly impact the score.

Because portland would not has shot a 3 to counter.

One is congecture, one is incorrect...easy to figure out which.

Please Blazer fans...DO NOT WHINE ABOUT THE REFS!!!! (It makes us look like you-know-who) Yes, they blew the Calderon '3' and there were some other subjective calls that were dubious but it was not the refs that kept Joel on the bench the last 20 minutes of the game while the Raports attacked the basket over and over. :banghead:

The refs were terrible but it went both ways at times. The fouls in the 4th quarter and 2 OT were 11-3 in favor of the Raps....Toronto fans shouldn't complain either.

The Blazers played terrible for most of the game and were fortunate to be as close as they were. It took miracle '3's by Jack, Travis and Roy to keep it close. No one besides Roy and Outlaw late even showed up. This was not on the refs....

:starwars
@TBpup22

Return to Portland Trail Blazers