ImageImage

Potentially big Blazer news coming soon?

Moderators: DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam

Spykes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16

Post#101 » by Spykes » Fri Mar 7, 2008 1:21 am

541Blaza wrote:Agreed. In this case though, there is no possible way I will be loving Miles being in a Blazer uni. Hopefully that is hogwash and we really will be getting some good Blazer news tomorrow.

LOL. Good point. :P
Walton'sBeard!
Lead Assistant
And1: 0

Post#102 » by Walton'sBeard! » Fri Mar 7, 2008 1:44 am

Quick said there would be a resolution soon, in regards to the roster. I really can't see how Darius coming back would be a resolution. He would have to prove he can play before anything would be resolved and going off the recent Canzano article it sounds like he is months (at least) away from being in game shape.

So take your rumors and leave!!!!
Mr Odd
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#103 » by Mr Odd » Fri Mar 7, 2008 1:46 am

Walton'sBeard! wrote:Quick said there would be a resolution soon, in regards to the roster. I really can't see how Darius coming back would be a resolution. He would have to prove he can play before anything would be resolved and going off the recent Canzano article it sounds like he is months (at least) away from being in game shape.

So take your rumors and leave!!!!

Regards to the roster?? Oh that doesnt sound like Miles!!
bing'o-bang'o-bong'o-baby!!
Yadadimean
Analyst
And1: 76

Post#104 » by Yadadimean » Fri Mar 7, 2008 1:55 am

Miles to the D League!
Signature
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,681

Post#105 » by PDXKnight » Fri Mar 7, 2008 2:17 am

Quick has been a strong advocate for the Blazers buying out Miles or for miles to retire from the NBA. I'm still going to hold some hope that Miles could be in his final days as a Blazer (hopefully).
SoHo
Sixth Man

Post#106 » by SoHo » Fri Mar 7, 2008 2:28 am

^Ya I seem to remember an article very recently saying Miles should retire because he doesn't care about anything but the money. I still think Miles retiring makes the most sense.

I guess Miles being activated could be considered a potential roster fix? If he miraculously comes back and plays out of his mind taking the starting SF role, which seems a bit farfetched. But if it is Miles being activated why would we activate him now? Why not when Roy AND Jones were out with injuries?
Mr Odd
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#107 » by Mr Odd » Fri Mar 7, 2008 3:17 am

Oden2 wrote:Quick has been a strong advocate for the Blazers buying out Miles or for miles to retire from the NBA. I'm still going to hold some hope that Miles could be in his final days as a Blazer (hopefully).

Quick has also always said that Roy is the best
PG on the Blazers, which is true. Maybe its that??

Probably not tho.. .just throwing ideas out.. .
Tim Lehrbach
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,983

Post#108 » by Tim Lehrbach » Fri Mar 7, 2008 3:27 am

The mystery surrounding Miles is funny. We could hear that he's retiring tomorrow, or playing tomorrow, and neither possibility would be a surprise.
Clipsz 4 Life
January 20, 2002-May 17, 2006
Saxon
February 20, 2001-August 9, 2007
Klinky
Assistant Coach
And1: 536

Post#109 » by Klinky » Fri Mar 7, 2008 3:32 am

*Crosses Fingers* :wizard:
Circus Americano!
d-train
RealGM
And1: 1,098

Post#110 » by d-train » Fri Mar 7, 2008 3:57 am

Tim Lehrbach wrote:The mystery surrounding Miles is funny. We could hear that he's retiring tomorrow, or playing tomorrow, and neither possibility would be a surprise.

I feel guilty for being a bad Blazers fan. I know the best news for the Blazers concerning Miles would be a medical retirement. But, I'd have more fun if he came back and played. So, I'm in a place where I'd be satisfied if the bad thing happens.

I think what is going on here is the only thing Jason Quick knows is David Stern came to Portland. If Quick new anything substantive, he would have already reported it. Jason Quick doesn't know anything we don't. And, if he does learn of something, we will know it 1 minute later.
blazersmaniac8
Analyst

Post#111 » by blazersmaniac8 » Fri Mar 7, 2008 4:18 am

MAYBE even quick doesn't know but maybe darius told him after a shootaround he is gonna hold a press conference/give his decision on whether he is coming back or retiring? Man somethng better happen tommorow so I have a reason to drink.. :pray: RETIRE!
Yadadimean
Analyst
And1: 76

Post#112 » by Yadadimean » Fri Mar 7, 2008 4:32 am

blazersmaniac8 wrote:MAYBE even quick doesn't know but maybe darius told him after a shootaround he is gonna hold a press conference/give his decision on whether he is coming back or retiring? Man somethng better happen tommorow so I have a reason to drink.. :pray: RETIRE!

If you need a reason to drink, I got you covered. Just tell people what I tell people. I only drink on days that start with a T. Tuesday, Thursday, Today and Tomorrow.
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,681

Post#113 » by PDXKnight » Fri Mar 7, 2008 4:44 am

Mr Odd wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Quick has also always said that Roy is the best

Hmmm, that's an intriguing idea but that's not worthy of the attention that has been given towards this. But then again, the same thing happened with the 07' draft in the supposed debate between Oden and Durant (it's pretty clear Pritchard wanted Oden to begin with). Knowing Canzano, he might be making up a story to fulfill his quota...
Spykes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#114 » by Spykes » Fri Mar 7, 2008 4:47 am

Mr Odd wrote:Quick has also always said that Roy is the best

That would just be his opinion, not really a story of any sort.

And it might be a correct opinion. I'd say Roy probably has the most completely PG skillset of all of our guards. Other PG's excel at certain aspects, but as far as the whole package goes, Roy seems to have them beat right now.
Mr Odd
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#115 » by Mr Odd » Fri Mar 7, 2008 5:00 am

Yea - It is opinion & wouldnt be big news worthy.

Like I said, I was just throwing out ideas.. .
It just popped in my head when I read the word "roster".

As far as Quick not announcing the news right away
doesnt mean he doesnt know anything, then again
it doesnt mean he does. He could of been asked
not to say anything. Its my opinion but I think if
he was asked to hold something back he probably
would. Im not a big fan of the media and I tend
not to put much stock into what they say, but at
the same time I cant recall anything Quick has
said or done that has made me write him off.. .
imo

I guess we'll see sooner or later. :wink:

Just please let it be that Miles is going byebye, lol.
blazersmaniac8
Analyst

Post#116 » by blazersmaniac8 » Fri Mar 7, 2008 5:05 am

Yadadimean wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

If you need a reason to drink, I got you covered. Just tell people what I tell people. I only drink on days that start with a T. Tuesday, Thursday, Today and Tomorrow.

Dude that is AMAZING :bowdown:
Milkdud
RealGM
And1: 137

Post#117 » by Milkdud » Fri Mar 7, 2008 5:44 am

This thread is pages on bluster and BS, something better happen or I will be ashamed of my eyes for wasting so much time reading our bored dribble.
UGotThrilled
Pro Prospect
And1: 6

Post#118 » by UGotThrilled » Fri Mar 7, 2008 6:11 am

Milkdud wrote:This thread is pages on bluster and BS, something better happen or I will be ashamed of my eyes for wasting so much time reading our bored dribble.

Lol. I keep hoping there is more news, and then there isnt and I just read a bunch of recycled opinions (which is mostly what I write anyways, so im not trying to dis anyones post). Then I hope we get news the next day, and the process repeats itself.
Klinky
Assistant Coach
And1: 536

Post#119 » by Klinky » Fri Mar 7, 2008 6:28 am

Milkdud wrote:This thread is pages on bluster and BS, something better happen or I will be ashamed of my eyes for wasting so much time reading our bored dribble.

This is what happens when there's no game for two days! At least we have a back to back to satiate our hunger... :clap:
Circus Americano!
Spykes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#120 » by Spykes » Fri Mar 7, 2008 6:30 am

Meh, I hope there's new tomorrow, but if not, oh well. I'm interested in anything that keeps me entertained while the season draws to a somewhat bittersweet end.

The deadline has passed and our playoff hopes are gone, so there's nothing left to do but ride out the 20 or so games left. It can get kinda boring at this time of the year.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers