ImageImage

Potentially big Blazer news coming soon?

Moderators: DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam

Jsun947
Analyst
And1: 425

Post#121 » by Jsun947 » Fri Mar 7, 2008 7:55 am

I'm really excited to hear whats going to happen tomorrow. What time does Primetime come on 1080?
Spykes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16

Post#122 » by Spykes » Fri Mar 7, 2008 1:44 pm

Jsun947 wrote:I'm really excited to hear whats going to happen tomorrow. What time does Primetime come on 1080?

3PM. Quick will likely be on the show in the 4 o'clock hour since the game will start around 5 or 5:30 our time.
BlackMamba
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 81

Post#123 » by BlackMamba » Fri Mar 7, 2008 2:27 pm

3pm eastern? that's like, 2 central, right?
Yadadimean
Analyst
And1: 76

Post#124 » by Yadadimean » Fri Mar 7, 2008 2:39 pm

alright dammit its today and I want my big news
Signature
Yadadimean
Analyst

Post#125 » by Yadadimean » Fri Mar 7, 2008 2:42 pm

Maybe today Jack reveals that he's really the best point in the NBA and has been so bored with his inferior competition that he was just toying with the league by playing like boo boo, and he actually starts trying for the first time in his career and we go undefeated the rest of the season and destroy the playoffs. Then KP Has a single trade in place to acquire all top 3 picks for Miles in an unprecedented 4 team trade.
Signature
Yadadimean
Analyst

Post#126 » by Yadadimean » Fri Mar 7, 2008 2:44 pm

or maybe the big news is that the bucks game will be delayed until 6 instead of 5:30. Maybe I havent slept in a really long time and Im just posting nonsense. When you have insomnia, everything looks like a copy of a copy of a copy. His name was Robert Paulsen.
Signature
Spykes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#127 » by Spykes » Fri Mar 7, 2008 3:01 pm

BlackMamba wrote:3pm eastern? that's like, 2 central, right?

3PM Pacific.
TBpup
Lead Assistant
And1: 241

Post#128 » by TBpup » Fri Mar 7, 2008 3:27 pm

Just curious....how many games does Rudy have left overseas? As was intimated before, resolution doesn't really sound like Miles is coming back but rather he is retiring, accepting a buyout or retiring. A buyout right now doesn't make much sense but maybe the organization just wants the whole thing over.

I've been really busy at work and haven't had a chance to try and look into anything so I'm looking forward to any news as well.

:starwars
@TBpup22
Billy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 161

Post#129 » by Billy » Fri Mar 7, 2008 3:29 pm

As was said, this thread has been fun even if nothing happens--although I hope we hear SOMETHING. Even though I don't mind 1080, I wouldn't be surprised if they forget to even ask Jason about it.

But, alas, I think this Darius thing is close to running it's course anyway. We're getting down to the games where you dig deep into your roster to see what you have, and you might start implementing new experimental game plans to see if your personnel can perform differently. If Darius doesn't even get dressed for a game I think we know where he stands with the team.

If we do see him and he gets minutes with key players we'll obviously know he's not going to retire for medical reasons and that the team will have to look to deal him.

Here's to 9 million more come 09-10!
Spykes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#130 » by Spykes » Fri Mar 7, 2008 3:37 pm

TBpup wrote:Just curious....how many games does Rudy have left overseas? As was intimated before, resolution doesn't really sound like Miles is coming back but rather he is retiring, accepting a buyout or retiring. A buyout right now doesn't make much sense but maybe the organization just wants the whole thing over.

I've been really busy at work and haven't had a chance to try and look into anything so I'm looking forward to any news as well.

I think Rudy's season is finished. I'm not completely positive on that, but I seem to remember something about his team winning the championship and he won the MVP.
Billy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#131 » by Billy » Fri Mar 7, 2008 3:38 pm

TBpup wrote:Just curious....how many games does Rudy have left overseas? As was intimated before, resolution doesn't really sound like Miles is coming back but rather he is retiring, accepting a buyout or retiring. A buyout right now doesn't make much sense but maybe the organization just wants the whole thing over.

Not that it answers your question, but here is the latest from Pritchard regarding Fernandez: Link
Milkdud
RealGM
And1: 137

Post#132 » by Milkdud » Fri Mar 7, 2008 3:48 pm

Lol I remember the "Hold on to your pants thread" like 90 pages of nada. :rofl:
cucad8
Head Coach
And1: 1,142

Post#133 » by cucad8 » Fri Mar 7, 2008 4:06 pm

Don't know if it has been said in here, I htink I have read all of this, but maybe I missed a page. Anyways, my guess was the news isSergio being sent down to the D-League. I dunno why they would wait on it, so maybe it is something with Miles, but I have seen a tendency for expectations to be bigger than reality, which made me think of this. It would be a resolution, of sorts, because it would clear up a little bit our playing rotation, as opposed to guessing when Sergio is going to be playing. I thought I remember reading Nate in preseason say he prefers a 3 guard rotation, although I could be wrong. Sergio would get the playing time he needs down there. They have a home game tonight and tomorrow, so instead of going on the road with us, maybe he is getting ready for a game in Idaho? Anyways, that's what I am guessing the news will be.
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,329

Post#134 » by Wizenheimer » Fri Mar 7, 2008 4:43 pm

Billy wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Not that it answers your question, but here is the latest from Pritchard regarding Fernandez: Link

I'm not really liking the trend the Rudy stories are taking. Two or three months ago he was 'definitely' coming over.

Then it was, "well he's coming over next year but he will get other offers"

next it was "some teams will offer him BIG money"

and now in this article:
That means the Blazers could end up in a bidding war with DKV Joventut, with which Fernandez has a contract through the 2011 season, and that Portland would likely lose if the money gets too high.

that's trending the wrong way for blazer fans.
Spykes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#135 » by Spykes » Fri Mar 7, 2008 4:51 pm

I think Rudy will be the key for which way Pritchard shapes the roster this summer. If they're able to get Rudy over like they want, I think it'll be a relatively quiet summer with just a few minor trades here and there. If we can't get Rudy over... Then I think Pritchard could look to make a fairly big splash.
TBpup
Lead Assistant
And1: 241

Post#136 » by TBpup » Fri Mar 7, 2008 5:02 pm

Lol I remember the "Hold on to your pants thread" like 90 pages of nada.

Milkdud....I know right were that is if something big is on the horizon. :clap:

"Nada"?

Portland's leading scorer and rebounder gone creating time for LMA.
Blazers acquire James Jones, Channing Frye and Rudy Fernandez.
They also buy out Steve Francis to get a large amount of cap flex soon.

What exactly would constitute non-nada? :P

@TBpup22
Billy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#137 » by Billy » Fri Mar 7, 2008 5:29 pm

TBpup wrote:
Lol I remember the "Hold on to your pants thread" like 90 pages of nada.

Milkdud....I know right were that is if something big is on the horizon. :clap:

"Nada"?

Portland's leading scorer and rebounder gone creating time for LMA.
Blazers acquire James Jones, Channing Frye and Rudy Fernandez.
They also buy out Steve Francis to get a large amount of cap flex soon.

What exactly would constitute non-nada? :P

Don't forget a second rounder from New York in the back half of that deal involving Nichols. That pick is basically a late first rounder without the strings attached.

Gotta say, even though that trade didn't have the sex appeal of what many were hoping, I'll take this trade every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Plus we've only received half the benefit from that trade thus far. We still don't know what Rudy will bring, what that cap space will bring, and that pick (obviously not THAT big of a deal, but you never know).

Also you might be able to argue that we won't yet fully know how much of a benefit LMA has received from being the starting PF since training camp. I have to think he's well ahead of the curve at this point.
breaker91
Starter
And1: 1

Post#138 » by breaker91 » Fri Mar 7, 2008 5:40 pm

I still don't think the big news involves Miles. He gains nothing by retiring. There is also a bit of an incentive for management if he doesn't "retire." We all know that KP doesn't like to give up assets and if Miles doesn't officially retire we retain his rights and could resign him like KVH or Aaron McKie to make the salaries work out as part of a trade.
"The brownies are good for me to make three-points.'' -Rudy Fernandez
ph1sh55
Senior
And1: 0

Post#139 » by ph1sh55 » Fri Mar 7, 2008 5:51 pm

only thing that fits the scale of "resolution" is miles medically retiring and/or rudy coming over.

The comedy option is Brandon Roy is the new Point Guard and Von Wafer is the starting SG :>
Billy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#140 » by Billy » Fri Mar 7, 2008 6:04 pm

ph1sh55 wrote:only thing that fits the scale of "resolution" is miles medically retiring and/or rudy coming over.

The comedy option is Brandon Roy is the new Point Guard and Von Wafer is the starting SG :>

On that note I was <-> close to buying a Taurean Green Jersey at the Blazer store last week. Didn't have a price tag and was on the closeout rack. I should have asked about the price... but there was just so many people.

I wonder how long until Von Wafer's jersey is on that rack? Or hell, maybe the correct question is: will his jersey ever make it to any rack?

But in all seriousness, I like Von. He's better than any of our other attempts at shooting guard outside of Roy.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers