ImageImage

Quick: Blazers in talks with East team for PG and SF

Moderators: DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam

dYYYh.k²
Pro Prospect
And1: 165

Re: Quick: Blazers in talks with East team for PG and SF 

Post#41 » by dYYYh.k² » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:00 pm

is there anything in written form on teh internetz already??!?!
Butter
General Manager
And1: 127

Post#42 » by Butter » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:02 pm

I don't think that Rudy should be completely limited from this conversation. If the Blazers are getting back two "star" type players, it seems like it'd take more than Outlaw and Sergio.

I would hate to see him go, and its very possible that its not even being discussed, but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility.

Personally, I agree with those that think it's Chicago based.
Sometimes they live by the jumper, and some times they die by the jumper.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,841

Post#43 » by kulaz3000 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:08 pm

From the Bulls board here.

I've advocated on the Bulls board with this deal.

Kirk + Deng + Noc for LaFrentz + Outlaw + Rudy + Blake

I think Kirk would be a great fit next to Roy, because he can play off the ball and is a good shooter at range, since Roy likes to handle the ball. But at the same time, he can also handle the ball and give Roy rest. In addition on the defensive end, he can guard the opposing teams best guard. Whoever said that Bayless is a better defender than Kirk is kidding themselves. Sure, he may not get steals, but his defense is about staying infront of his man, and stalking him through a barrage of screens etc.

In addition, Deng has really bounced back after coming back from the minor injury and is shooting and rebounding really well. Then you add in a Noce's toughness, rebounding and 3 point shooting, you can have the option of going with him at the 3 to back up Deng or go with a small line up with Aldridge at center and with Noce at power forward. WIth this trade you have a formidable starting line up, that could contend for the Western conference finals this year.

Oden/Priyz
LaMarcus/Noce
Deng/Noce/Batum
Roy/Kirk
Kirk/Serigo

As for the Bulls, we are obviously at the losing end of the deal, short team, but the hopes are that we can resign Outlaw at about 6-7 million per, and have Rudy develop so he can grow alongside Rose. Blake would obviously be a short-gap to replace Kirk.
Why so serious?
SayHeyKid
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#44 » by SayHeyKid » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:09 pm

Butter wrote:I don't think that Rudy should be completely limited from this conversation. If the Blazers are getting back two "star" type players, it seems like it'd take more than Outlaw and Sergio.

I would hate to see him go, and its very possible that its not even being discussed, but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility.

Personally, I agree with those that think it's Chicago based.

Very good point, Rudy or Bayless could be involved. Quick did saw two bench players, BOTH Rudy and Bayless are BENCH rotational players.
dYYYh.k²
Pro Prospect
And1: 165

Post#45 » by dYYYh.k² » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:14 pm

i really like the trade kulaz suggested.
he even forgot bayless (who could play the 1 and 2)in the eventual new depth chart.

as i tend to think the bulls would reject that deal...give them a pick :)
Fitz303
General Manager
And1: 1,822

Post#46 » by Fitz303 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:20 pm

I dont buy a Bulls deal going down. I just dont see us trading for a SF who has shot 16 3's all season

Sixers, Wizards, Nets, Bobcats, or Hawks
TradeMachine
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#47 » by TradeMachine » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:20 pm

Nocioni isn't a sweetner. He'd probably be the price to pay to land Hinrich.

I really hope it's Deng instead.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,841

Post#48 » by kulaz3000 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:22 pm

dYYYh.k² wrote:i really like the trade kulaz suggested.
he even forgot bayless (who could play the 1 and 2)in the eventual new depth chart.

as i tend to think the bulls would reject that deal...give them a pick :)

My bad. That's right, you can have Bayless developing slowly from the bench to back up both the point and shooting guard spots. Roy seems to get injured here and there, so having someone like Kirk that can play both guard spots, is only an additional benefit as he could play with Bayless.

Again, we lose out on talent, but I personally want to look forward to the 2010 free agency class. And my hope is that Rudy will develop as a player, which is a gamble. But with the way the Bulls are currently constructed, they don't seem to fit with Rose. They need athletic players like Outlaw and Rudy playing alongside Rose.

Whereas you have an owner with deep pockets, who is willing to spend the money, whereas our owner has deep pockets and is always reluctant to spend the doe. In a way, we get to rebuild without totally rebuilding as we'd get young assets back in return. We'd lose short term, but the goal would be to win long term.
Why so serious?
shamelessblazer
Senior

Post#49 » by shamelessblazer » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:24 pm

I hope it's either:

Carter and Harris

Raef/Bayless/Outlaw

I know they "won't trade Harris" but they'd save a ****load! Seriously man, it wouldn't be as bad for us as a lot of people think (Vince's last year is a PO), and with Blake expiring...

Harris/Sergio
Roy/Rudy
Carter/Webster/Batum
Aldridge/Frye
Oden/Pryzbilla

Miller and Iguodala

Raef/Bayless/Outlaw

that's a more cohesive half-court team to play around Brand than Miller and Igoudala, and they add some shooting in Outlaw that might help.

Miller/Blake
Roy/Rudy
Iguodala/Webster/Batum
Aldridge/Frye
Oden/Pryzbilla

I really hope it's not:
Conley and Gay

While I like both of them I could imagine it being...
Raef/Sergio/and Rudy, but why would the team to continue to push him so much (Rudy) if they were thinking of shopping him?
BlazersRizing
Assistant Coach
And1: 159

Post#50 » by BlazersRizing » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:26 pm

cmon guys. Devin Harris and Iguodala have no chance of being traded lol..

Deng is the best bet 2 me.. the Bibby trade looks realistic too but I wouldnt touch that with a 10 ft. pole.
AKBlazerFan
Sixth Man
And1: 185

Post#51 » by AKBlazerFan » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:27 pm

Its definitely not Harris in any way, shape, or form. Its probably gonna be Bulls or Bobcats as everyone else has said. Where the F is TBpup?!?!? I want some insider info.
SayHeyKid
Freshman

Post#52 » by SayHeyKid » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:28 pm

No one thinks Sessions/RJeff? MIL has money probs and with REDD down this is a real possibility
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,681

Post#53 » by PDXKnight » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:29 pm

shamelessblazer wrote:I hope it's either:

Carter and Harris

Raef/Bayless/Outlaw

I know they "won't trade Harris" but they'd save a ****load! Seriously man, it wouldn't be as bad for us as a lot of people think (Vince's last year is a PO), and with Blake expiring...

Harris/Sergio
Roy/Rudy
Carter/Webster/Batum
Aldridge/Frye
Oden/Pryzbilla

Miller and Iguodala

Raef/Bayless/Outlaw

that's a more cohesive half-court team to play around Brand than Miller and Igoudala, and they add some shooting in Outlaw that might help.

Miller/Blake
Roy/Rudy
Iguodala/Webster/Batum
Aldridge/Frye
Oden/Pryzbilla

I can pretty much assure you that we'd have to deal one of LA, Oden, or Roy to net Devin Harris. As for Iguadala, the price would be a bit cheaper, but we'd still have to pay quite a bit if we want to trade for him.
Blaze01
Sixth Man

Post#54 » by Blaze01 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:31 pm

I think Magee is on the right track....just not the right players

POR has been interested in Marvin Williams for quite awhile....ATL is a finacial mess....They will likely loose Bibby or Williams, likely both in FA for nothing....

If ATL could get a guy like Bayless (I would prefer Sergio but POR may have to offer Bayless), Frye (instead of Diogu...and I don't think POR has any intereste in re-signing Frye anyway), Outlaw & LaFrentz's golden contract......that would be a good deal for both sides.

ATL cannot resign both players...may not even be able to sign one of them...they deal off both FA...and GAIN? cap space, plus money now...tks to Raef's insurance...They get a young PG in Bayless (or Sergio) to pair with Acie Law and take Bibby's place...a younger PG on a cheap contract...They get Outlaw, who could interchange with J.Smith at the SF\PF position and Frye adds some "offense...err...quality play" from their bench, allowing them to possibly go more than 8 deep....and in the EC, even with this trade they can still compete for a playoff spot.....

It is a great deal for POR as well...Bibby would be a great PG as a starter, Blake moves to a b\u role which he is better suited IMO and you have Sergio (or Bayless) as a young PG to continue to groom...

Williams is only 22, so he fits with what POR mgmt have repeatedly said regarding trades for players..."fitting in with the young core", and he has a lot of room to grow as a player as well, and can play a little SF & PF.....

PG: Bibby, Blake, Sergio (Spanish Armada stays together)
SG: Roy, Fernandez
SF: M.Williams, Webster (when he returns), Batum
PF: Aldridge, Diogu (Likey that M.Williams sees b\u minutes at PF as well)
C: Oden, Przybilla

Would love it if POR could deal Sergio instead of Bayless, but IMO Bayless would be required to seal a deal like this....
bullzman23
RealGM
And1: 3

Post#55 » by bullzman23 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:34 pm

It won't be Deng, guys.

We just signed him to a big deal, and after a slow start he's finally shaken off rust and injuries and is playing well. It'll be Nocioni.
girlygirl wrote:Sorry, I just don't think MJ changed the game all that much.

www.theslickscript.com
BlazersRizing
Assistant Coach

Post#56 » by BlazersRizing » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:36 pm

why trade for Mike Bibby's washed up ass? yeah hes playing solid this year but how many years is he going to do that? not many. (if any)

Billy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 161

Post#57 » by Billy » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:37 pm

bullzman23 wrote:It won't be Deng, guys.

We just signed him to a big deal, and after a slow start he's finally shaken off rust and injuries and is playing well. It'll be Nocioni.

I would definitely agree.

I could possibly see a deal involving Kirk/Noah for Raef/Outlaw/Sergio.
Blazinaway
General Manager
And1: 1,412

Post#58 » by Blazinaway » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:38 pm

Another player that POR has "shown" interest in is Calderon - I would not forget him as a possibility.
BlazersRizing
Assistant Coach

Post#59 » by BlazersRizing » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:39 pm

Blazinaway wrote:Another player that POR has "shown" interest in is Calderon - I would not forget him as a possibility.

hmm. Calderon and Anthony Parker maybe? Ive heard Parker was on the trade block. he can light it up from 3.. I like that better than Bibby/Marvin
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,211

Post#60 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:45 pm

Spykes wrote:Bucks: Jefferson and Sessions. This trade doesn't work under the checker, but probably should be mentioned. The Bucks would have to add in another player to make the deal work. The latest report says that the Bucks owner is getting prepped to sell the team. Teams generally gearing up to have their franchise sold will dump as much salary as possible to make it more appealing to potential new owners. That way the new owners aren't saddled with the mistakes of the old regime. So the Bucks could be potential players in a deal.

Can I ask where you heard this? From my opinion Kohl has no plans to sell the team any time soon.

Anyways, only players I could see us adding are Jones or Bell.

If it came down to it and we did a trade, I would hope it would include Webster instead of Outlaw with us not having to give up Sessions. A deal like Jefferson/Ridnour for Raef, Webster and Frye (if it works) IMO would be good for both teams but if it came down to it, I could see us dealing Sessions.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”

Return to Portland Trail Blazers