ImageImage

Quick: Blazers in talks with East team for PG and SF

Moderators: DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam

theanimal23
RealGM
And1: 926

Re: Quick: Blazers in talks with East team for PG and SF 

Post#61 » by theanimal23 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:49 pm

Bulls fan here, quick question: who has PTL talked to in the past? We have an insider (www.rumorpress.net) who has mentioned Portland talking to Chicago this past summer. Has any other team talked to PTL over the past year?

Thank You.
HINrichPolice
General Manager
And1: 1,706

Post#62 » by HINrichPolice » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:50 pm

Just curious, but why does it seem that you guys are willing to give up Outlaw? From what I know, he has a good all around game and is known to hit clutch shots.

I would LOVE to trade Kirk and Deng for Outlaw and Rudy + filler. It helps us with salary and slightly balances out our roster.
CONTENDERS FIND A WAY
Khazim
Veteran
And1: 114

Post#63 » by Khazim » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:52 pm

SayHeyKid wrote:No one thinks Sessions/RJeff? MIL has money probs and with REDD down this is a real possibility

Milwaukee would be my guess, and I would be quite happy with that as well. I just hope it would be Sessions and not Ridnour.
"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible." — Frank Zappa
Butter
General Manager
And1: 127

Post#64 » by Butter » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:53 pm

AKBlazerFan wrote:Its definitely not Harris in any way, shape, or form. Its probably gonna be Bulls or Bobcats as everyone else has said. Where the F is TBpup?!?!? I want some insider info.

That is probably a good sign, it probably means that there is some real info out there that he can't share.
Sometimes they live by the jumper, and some times they die by the jumper.
Zyme
Bench Warmer
And1: 28

Post#65 » by Zyme » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:55 pm

HINrichPolice wrote:Just curious, but why does it seem that you guys are willing to give up Outlaw? From what I know, he has a good all around game and is known to hit clutch shots.

I would LOVE to trade Kirk and Deng for Outlaw and Rudy + filler. It helps us with salary and slightly balances out our roster.

I would highly doubt Rudy going anywhere. He is a sixth man of the year waiting to happen.
LaMarcus for Heisman!!!

Roster:Lillard/Mathews/Batum*/LA/Lopez

*Its not pronounced with a !@#$ing s, he's french. It's Nico-la, not Nico-las.

—Peace!
d-train
RealGM
And1: 1,098

Post#66 » by d-train » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:55 pm

I always go with the odds so I vote Jason Quick is full of $hit as usual.
theanimal23
RealGM
And1: 926

Post#67 » by theanimal23 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:57 pm

Has PTL talked to CHA or MIL in the past (trade rumors)?

Thanks
tindogg
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#68 » by tindogg » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:00 am

kulaz3000 wrote:From the Bulls board here.

I've advocated on the Bulls board with this deal.

Kirk + Deng + Noc for LaFrentz + Outlaw + Rudy + Blake

I think Kirk would be a great fit next to Roy, because he can play off the ball and is a good shooter at range, since Roy likes to handle the ball. But at the same time, he can also handle the ball and give Roy rest. In addition on the defensive end, he can guard the opposing teams best guard. Whoever said that Bayless is a better defender than Kirk is kidding themselves. Sure, he may not get steals, but his defense is about staying infront of his man, and stalking him through a barrage of screens etc.

In addition, Deng has really bounced back after coming back from the minor injury and is shooting and rebounding really well. Then you add in a Noce's toughness, rebounding and 3 point shooting, you can have the option of going with him at the 3 to back up Deng or go with a small line up with Aldridge at center and with Noce at power forward. WIth this trade you have a formidable starting line up, that could contend for the Western conference finals this year.

Oden/Priyz
LaMarcus/Noce
Deng/Noce/Batum
Roy/Kirk
Kirk/Serigo

As for the Bulls, we are obviously at the losing end of the deal, short team, but the hopes are that we can resign Outlaw at about 6-7 million per, and have Rudy develop so he can grow alongside Rose. Blake would obviously be a short-gap to replace Kirk.

Kulaz , you are the lucky one to receive my very first post.

I think your trade doesn't offer much to the Blazers, except that Deng would be a good inclusion. You forget that Webster will be returning soon to the roster and is a much better shooter than Noce. Kirk would be a nice addition but we already have Bayless waiting in the wings.

Outlaw & Rudy are the 2 cogs off our bench with the bulk of the bench scoring while Blake runs the team's offense so smoothly it would be difficult to give him up.

Reality is, blazers need a backup PF that can bang and grab big boards with inside presence.
magee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,406

Post#69 » by magee » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:00 am

Oden2, the Hawks have been notoriously cheap ever since the ownership took over. They WON'T re-sign both Bibby and Johnson. It's smart to get something for one of them. A pick and some cheap youth, but most importantly, a ton of cap space. Portland is who they need to trade with to facilitate that.

Blaze2, I can see your reasoning for trading Bayless, but Portland is not trading Bayless unless they can get someone better. McMillan loves Bayless. Bayless has shown a lot of things that would make him a solid future PG for the Blazers. He's the type of guy that would be a deal-breaker. Bibby is a rental to help them in the playoffs. Not the solution for the future. Williams can be considered a future SF, yet also a potential trade chip after the season is over. Diogu or Frye are interchangeable. But Bayless won't get dealt in this type of trade.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,213

Post#70 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:01 am

Khazim wrote:Milwaukee would be my guess, and I would be quite happy with that as well. I just hope it would be Sessions and not Ridnour.

Milwaukee fan here and I just want to say this. If you get Sessions you will love him, but he will let you down most likely. He really is only effective with the ball in his hands. His jumpshot outside of 15-18 feet is non existent. His point guard/playmaking ability is sub par and makes many bad passes. Also, his defence is nothing to call home about either. Not to mention him being a free agent, who knows what he'd get offered.

With all that said, you would want him over Ridnour no doubt, but I'm not sure the Bucks give up on him. He is a BIG guard who still doesn't have 82 names under his belt. He can get into the lane against anyone in the league. To me, he reminds me of what I thought Bayless would be coming right into the league.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Effigy
RealGM
And1: 12,108

Post#71 » by Effigy » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:01 am

Butter wrote:
AKBlazerFan wrote:Its definitely not Harris in any way, shape, or form. Its probably gonna be Bulls or Bobcats as everyone else has said. Where the F is TBpup?!?!? I want some insider info.

That is probably a good sign, it probably means that there is some real info out there that he can't share.

That wouldn't stop him. He'd tell us that he can't tell us and torture us for weeks until it happened.
d-train
RealGM

Post#72 » by d-train » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:03 am

HINrichPolice wrote:Just curious, but why does it seem that you guys are willing to give up Outlaw? From what I know, he has a good all around game and is known to hit clutch shots.

Outlaw is arguably the best player on the Blazers team that is not in the core big 3. The willingness of Blazer fans to trade him has no reasoned logical basis. Every year a player becomes the target of a group of fans that has to bitch and complain about something. This year Outlaw is the target.
SabasRevenge!
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#73 » by SabasRevenge! » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:09 am

Once again, Deng is being severely underrated by some. If the deal was for Hinrich/Nocioni, I don't think Quick would have said it would turn us into title contenders. Nocioni isn't that caliber of SF. Deng is a good defender and he usually is on one of the opponent's best players. For all the talk about his lack of three point shooting, I don't hear anyone talking about his ridiculous mid-range game. He can also play PF kind of like Outlaw can.

Nocioni would be a nice addition to the squad as well, adding toughness and shooting off the bench at either forward spot.

I'd say yes to kulaz proposal. FYI, Rudy and Deng are about exactly the same age.
Fitz303
General Manager
And1: 1,822

Post#74 » by Fitz303 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:10 am

d-train wrote:

Outlaw is arguably the best player on the Blazers team that is not in the core big 3. The willingness of Blazer fans to trade him has no reasoned logical basis. Every year a player becomes the target of a group of fans that has to bitch and complain about something. This year Outlaw is the target.

Amen
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,841

Post#75 » by kulaz3000 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:11 am

d-train wrote:

Yes, but if you get Deng in return he would become a part of the big 3 + 1.

Deng is a better player than Outlaw at this point, and is younger as well. If you're getting Deng in return for Outlaw, you forget about what Outlaw did for you in the past, and jump on the deal. That's my opinion anyways.
Why so serious?
d-train
RealGM

Post#76 » by d-train » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:17 am

kulaz3000 wrote:
d-train wrote:

Yes, but if you get Deng in return he would become a part of the big 3 + 1.

Deng is a better player than Outlaw at this point, and is younger as well. If you're getting Deng in return for Outlaw, you forget about what Outlaw did for you in the past, and jump on the deal. That's my opinion anyways.

I don't believe the Bulls will trade Deng and Kirk for Outlaw and change.
Walton'sBeard!
Lead Assistant
And1: 0

Post#77 » by Walton'sBeard! » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:22 am

d-train wrote:I always go with the odds so I vote Jason Quick is full of $hit as usual.

Wasn't Quick the one with the scoop on draft day that the Blazers had made a trade for Augustin?
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,841

Post#78 » by kulaz3000 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:22 am

d-train wrote:I don't believe the Bulls will trade Deng and Kirk for Outlaw and change.

Yeah, but you add in a Rudy and a draft pick, then it's possible. And also having a cheap owner makes it even more possible.
Why so serious?
Spykes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16

Post#79 » by Spykes » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:23 am

RingtheBell wrote:Can I ask where you heard this? From my opinion Kohl has no plans to sell the team any time soon.

Anyways, only players I could see us adding are Jones or Bell.

If it came down to it and we did a trade, I would hope it would include Webster instead of Outlaw with us not having to give up Sessions. A deal like Jefferson/Ridnour for Raef, Webster and Frye (if it works) IMO would be good for both teams but if it came down to it, I could see us dealing Sessions.

From Hoopsworld via an article in Milwaukee...

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=11359

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/bucks/38431859.html

Don't know if there's any truth to it, that's just what I've read.
sonny
RealGM
And1: 269

Post#80 » by sonny » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:23 am

kulaz3000 wrote:
d-train wrote:I don't believe the Bulls will trade Deng and Kirk for Outlaw and change.

Yeah, but you add in a Rudy and a draft pick, then it's possible. And also having a cheap owner makes it even more possible.

I don't see us trading Deng, this goes back to when Deng was playing like crap. He's playing better so it solidifies my feelings.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers