Huge Blockbuster brewing between Pistons and Blazers

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

kdawg32086
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 929

Re: Huge Blockbuster brewing between Pistons and Blazers 

Post#41 » by kdawg32086 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:49 am

Tayshaun is the perfect SF for our team but if we can't get him, I guess we'll have to settle for the scoreless poor man's version of him.
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
soobias
Pro Prospect
And1: 85

Post#42 » by soobias » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:58 am

this works in the trade checker. Incoming Players
Tayshaun Prince
6-9 SF from Kentucky
13.8 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 3.3 apg in 37.5 minutes
Trenton Hassell
6-5 SG from Austin Peay
3.4 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 0.8 apg in 17.8 minutes
Devin Harris
6-3 PG from Wisconsin
21.8 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 6.5 apg in 35.8 minutes
Outgoing Players
Jerryd Bayless
6-3 PG from Arizona
5.5 ppg, 1.3 rpg, 1.7 apg in 14.5 minutes
Raef LaFrentz
6-11 PF / C from Kansas
0.0 ppg, 0.0 rpg, 0.0 apg in 0.0 minutes
Steve Blake
6-3 PG from Maryland
11.3 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 4.7 apg in 30.4 minutes
Travis Outlaw
6-9 SF from Starkville (HS)
12.3 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 1.1 apg in 27.5 minutes
Martell Webster
6-7 SF from Seattle Prep (HS)
0.0 ppg, 0.0 rpg, 0.0 apg in 2.6 minutes
Detroit Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: -0.3 ppg, -1.8 rpg, and -0.4 apg.
Incoming Players
Raef LaFrentz
6-11 PF / C from Kansas
0.0 ppg, 0.0 rpg, 0.0 apg in 0.0 minutes
Steve Blake
6-3 PG from Maryland
11.3 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 4.7 apg in 30.4 minutes
Martell Webster
6-7 SF from Seattle Prep (HS)
0.0 ppg, 0.0 rpg, 0.0 apg in 2.6 minutes
Vince Carter
6-6 SG / SF from North Carolina
20.9 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 4.9 apg in 36.5 minutes
Outgoing Players
Tayshaun Prince
6-9 SF from Kentucky
13.8 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 3.3 apg in 37.5 minutes
Allen Iverson
6-0 SG from Georgetown
18.7 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 6.7 apg in 41.0 minutes
New Jersey Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: -9.6 ppg, -2.7 rpg, and -2.7 apg.
Incoming Players
Jerryd Bayless
6-3 PG from Arizona
5.5 ppg, 1.3 rpg, 1.7 apg in 14.5 minutes
Travis Outlaw
6-9 SF from Starkville (HS)
12.3 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 1.1 apg in 27.5 minutes
Allen Iverson
6-0 SG from Georgetown
18.7 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 6.7 apg in 41.0 minutes
Outgoing Players
Trenton Hassell
6-5 SG from Austin Peay
3.4 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 0.8 apg in 17.8 minutes
Devin Harris
6-3 PG from Wisconsin
21.8 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 6.5 apg in 35.8 minutes
Vince Carter
6-6 SG / SF from North Carolina
20.9 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 4.9 apg in 36.5 minutes

yeah it's obvious i want harris and prince in a blazer uni. hell i'd offer picks,cash, both to get this deal done and we are looking for an elite pg added to tb's lock down thred this covers all bases.
kajuayn
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#43 » by kajuayn » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:17 am

So after reading this thread, I went ahead and constructed a likely trade with Detroit that would benefit both teams enough to make the trade worthwhile, at least.

POR Trades/DET Receives:
Travis Outlaw
Sergio Rodriguez
RLEC
Channing Frye
09' 1st Round Pick
(possible 2nd round picks)

POR Receives/DET Trades:
Tayshaun Prince
Jason Maxiell
Kwame Brown
Walter Hermann

WHY??!?!?!??!
Well, Detroit gets a young wing player in Travis Outlaw with a cheap reasonable contract these next two years. Sergio Rodriguez is a cheap point guard who looks to be a decent back up and possible starter (probably not in their system or team though) and let Stuckey play SG. It appears that he's really a scoring point, and they like him there since he can. However, he does have the size, at 6-5 ans 205 lbs, to play SG consistently. Secondly, it would prepare them for a quick rebuilding process. They would have over $53million in expiring contracts over these next two summers which will make them instant players in free agency this summer, and the summer of '10. Also Detroit will have an extra 1st round picks to add more youth to their core. It will also free up more front court time for Amir Johnson to develop. Lastly, there is the obvious lure of THE one and only RLEC insurance fund for more incentive to make this trade form the Pistons point of view. Also they are getting Channing Frye, who is not that great of a player, but he could be at least as good as McDyess is now which is decent. He is still relatively young and has enough talent to be a rotation player on a winning team. Frye's contract expires at the end of the year and his lack of production should mean that he doesn't request anything more than 2-4 years and 4-10 million tops.

Portland on the other hand receives Tayshaun Prince and Jason Maxiell as the core players in the trade. Tayshaun is a veteran defensive minded SF which should really help our perimeter defense and keep our bigs out of foul trouble. Also it will make us more competitive against the Lakers, since he can guard Kobe, or Lamar Odom FAR better than Travis could. I am not familiar with how well he can guard pg's, but im sure he can do better than Boris Diaw did on Tony Parker a few years ago. Tayshaun is a much better defender than Boris and Boris didn't do a HORRIBLE job, especially considering he had NO help defense and really is a PF. Maxiell has also seen significant time in the league, specifically in playoff experience. While he is only 26, the Piston have gone deep into the post season every year he has been in the league. So, essentially, we are adding to playoff veterans to the team. Furthermore, Maxiell only plays about 16 min per game right now, which means he fits almost perfectly into the backup PF/banger/energy guy we wanted and needed off the bench. Kwame Brown and Walter Hermann are really just filler for the trade and give us cap relief over the next two years (Not that the people we traded wouldn't have either though). This trade also allows for Batum to understudy his predecessor, Prince. They appear to be quite similar. While I watch nearly EVERY blazer game, I rarely see Detroit play. So my comparison may be slightly off base, but I think it is pretty accurate. In 3 years, when Prince's contract expires, Webster, Batum, or Fernandez will be ready (should be) to assume full time at the SF effectively.
DmoneyH3
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#44 » by DmoneyH3 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:44 am

I would love Prince, AI, or Sheed on this team..just make sure the SF we deal is Webster and not Travis.
Effigy
RealGM
And1: 11,972

Post#45 » by Effigy » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:47 am

jumpman28 wrote:If there is any truth at all to this rumor I am 99.9% certain it would include a 3rd team, since the Pistons don't need RLEC as much as some other teams would, coupled with the fact that they will be looking for a great young PF or C in return.

What are you basing this on, out of curiosity. Being in Detroit, a lot of people think the Pistons ownership would quietly like to save some money. This seems more like something you hope to be true, rather than know to be true, as you don't want to see your team giving up talent to save your owner money. I'm not saying you're wrong, just wondering what leads you to think that?
zzaj
General Manager
And1: 2,539

Post#46 » by zzaj » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:57 am

Scottie Pippen has a better chance of becoming a Blazer again than 'Sheed.

Although i'd love to see a team of:

Jeff Mcinnis
Ricky Davis
Darius Miles
Kenyon Martin
Sheed

in L.A. next year just so I could hate that city more.
Sleimas
Ballboy

Post#47 » by Sleimas » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:08 am

What about this one ? http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachi ... eId=brgoeg

Portland gets Prince, Detroit gets Amare, Phoenix gets two young players and saves money.
blazabala30
Sophomore

Post#48 » by blazabala30 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:16 am

if this doesnt go down, your banned.

and where the f is tbpup???
jumpman28
Pro Prospect
And1: 658

Post#49 » by jumpman28 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:22 am

What are you basing this on, out of curiosity. Being in Detroit, a lot of people think the Pistons ownership would quietly like to save some money. This seems more like something you hope to be true, rather than know to be true, as you don't want to see your team giving up talent to save your owner money. I'm not saying you're wrong, just wondering what leads you to think that?

Well first of all, I'm a blazer fan...not a piston fan lol.

And I just assumed they weren't judging by pistons fan reactions plus the knowledge that Iverson , Sheed, and Cake Boy all come off the books next year, and I doubt any of them will be resigned. I'm not saying they wouldn't take it, all I'm saying is there's probably been better offers for it. They wouldn't offer Prince just for a salary dump, they would want some good young talent like Bayless or Rudy or LMA.

I never said I had any proof or sources, I was just kind of connecting the dots and formulating my own opinion, that RLEC or RLEC+ Travis and/or Sergio probably won't get it done in a 1 to 1 trade.

If they would do that...well, sign me up for that!
kajuayn
Freshman

Post#50 » by kajuayn » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:31 am

DmoneyH3 wrote:I would love Prince, AI, or Sheed on this team..just make sure the SF we deal is Webster and not Travis.

Well Dmoney, that makes little sense for the current Blazers (not to be offensive). Webster is a much better defender and 3point shooter. Also, his injury has lowered his trade value to nearly zero because he has played a total of 4 minutes this year. Furthermore, we JUST extended his contract so...he's not going ANYWHERE. Travis is not effective as a small forward. Offensively he has trouble getting to the rim against quick, strong, perimeter players. That's why Channing never plays, Outlaw plays a significant amount of time (about half) at the 4, which is coincidentally when he is MOST effective. He is unable to keep SF's in front of him, and does a poor job against REAL PF's on the block. Therefore, it seems like we should sell him while the rest of the league (perpetuated by Nate McMillan, KP, and these announcers) are high on his value.
DmoneyH3
Pro Prospect

Post#51 » by DmoneyH3 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:44 am

Travis is 2 times the player Martell is. He can play the 3 or 4. Statistically is around the same shooter from 3. He can create his own shot. And he is freaking clutch.

Prince is an ideal 3...nuff said.

AI would fit well with Roy..and if it didn't work it'd only be a 1 yr rental

Sheed..why does everyone hate him? He jjust keeps it real and plays real good defense. I loved him as a Blazer and would welcome him back with open arms.

And where did you come up with Webster is a better defender? They are both pretty sub par imo on the perimeter with Trav being a better shot blocker due to his length.
The Emcee
General Manager
And1: 156

Post#52 » by The Emcee » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:51 am

Not only would Prince be perfect, he'd also be able to teach Batum, who is like Lil' Prince.
sir_trout
Ballboy

Post#53 » by sir_trout » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:09 am

i would trade rlec and two or three of webster/outlaw/batum/frye/whatever for prince and contract filler in a second. prince is the absolutely perfect fit for us at SF. he is a competent offensive player who locks down the best player on the opposing team and can guard almost all positions on the floor. He is the best we could ever wish for batum to become, and has what seems to be just as good as character off the court. if we had to get rid of all of webster, outlaw, and batum to get him, i would just look in the offseason for a another quality wing/forward... like josh childress. im not familiar with his contract with olimpiacos but if it was possible he would also be perfect (maybe a little redundant but you can never have enough good defenders who are not offensively (Please Use More Appropriate Word)).

kajuayn wrote:While he is only 26, the Piston have gone deep into the post season every year he has been in the league.

prince is actually 28.
im a song and dance man
GoBlazersGo
Assistant Coach
And1: 13

Post#54 » by GoBlazersGo » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:10 am

The Emcee wrote:Not only would Prince be perfect, he'd also be able to teach Batum, who is like Lil' Prince.

Oh, snap... we could call 'em "The Prince and The Pauper!"
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,815

Post#55 » by Snakebites » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:13 am

Bonzi wrote:What are you basing this on, out of curiosity. Being in Detroit, a lot of people think the Pistons ownership would quietly like to save some money. This seems more like something you hope to be true, rather than know to be true, as you don't want to see your team giving up talent to save your owner money. I'm not saying you're wrong, just wondering what leads you to think that?

We've already got over 30 million in expiring deals coming off the books. If the ownership really wants to save money, they'll do so enough simply letting those guys walk (gonna happen) and not using their considerable cap space at all (praying that won't happen).

We won't be looking to dump yet ANOTHER contract. Teams are required to spend 3/4 of the cap anyway. Dumping a contract like Tay would bring us well below that.

So no, its not wishful thinking. Its fact.
The Sebastian Express
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
And1: 9,847

Post#56 » by The Sebastian Express » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:18 am

Give us Tayshaun.. give him to us.. accept our unbalanced trade.
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM
And1: 5,656

Post#57 » by Brandon-Clyde » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:37 am

I believe this trade will go through.Why you ask? Because Joe Dumars invited Isaiah Thomas to town for lunch(out of pity).Isaiah after lunch clubbed Dumars over the head with a baseball bat,disguised himself as Dumars and is now in charge of the Pistons.Dumars is currently being held hostage in a closed down auto factory :evil:
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
SalemStoner
Veteran
And1: 82

Post#58 » by SalemStoner » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:40 am

If the Pistons were wanting to shave salary and rebuild, then something along the lines of Raef, Outlaw, 2 rookies(Rudy, Bayless, Batum - NOT Oden) for Prince, Rip and Maxiell would have us eat all their long term contracts(anything longer than 2 years minus rookie contracts). I imagine it might take a little sweetner... or require us involving phoenix and sending Amare to DET, and RLEC to PHX with the Pistons long term contracts coming to us.
mojomarc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 966

Post#59 » by mojomarc » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:58 am

Ripcity4life wrote:Some may find my next comment surprising considering my history.

Do not LOCK this thread ... YET

Let's let this brew a little and see where it goes as long as it does not get out of hand. I am skeptical but if some can have some blind faith in TBpup let's let this new poster have some rope. He will either turn it into a lasso and catch us a great trade rumor that turns into a real trade OR he will hang himself with it.

The moderators have information on the nature of TBPup's sources, though, which is not the case with this poster. Readers can choose to believe Pup's posts or not based on their fancy, but know that when Pup (and Discovery69) post on things they attribute to inside information that it actually does come from someone connected to the Blazers' organization. Both are very clear about when they are speculating personally and when they are reporting what they have heard.

So I have no idea what sort (if any) connections the OP has, whether he is full of it or not, but even without inside info you can bet that KP is talking to probably every team in the league, including Detroit. My guess is they have a list of several "duh!" targets, where if offered they would take it with no hesitation. They probably also have several "highly possible" targets that they will engage teams on and off over either until the deadline or the deal gets moved into the "duh!" category. There are also probably about 50 trades that are "no way!" deals that are being brought to them that will occassionally leak out. Between these three groups of trades, I think you can see where they're likely engaging most, if not all, of the teams in the league.
mojomarc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 966

Post#60 » by mojomarc » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:06 am

DmoneyH3 wrote:Travis is 2 times the player Martell is. He can play the 3 or 4. Statistically is around the same shooter from 3. He can create his own shot. And he is freaking clutch.

Too bad that most of the time in non-clutch situations he is busy shooting himself (and the team) in the foot. If he didn't, he'd be an all-star. But because he frequently can't get out of his own way, he's one of those players that is "intriguing" but that you basically never see on a team that can make it deep in the playoffs. Playoff teams seriously must be looking at us and thinking "all we have to do is press everyone else and leave Travis slightly open, and he'll eventually get the ball and shoot up an ill-advised, off-balance, ill-conceived shot and we can live with Travis trying to kill us with his 44% success rate."

Just because Travis is one of the few guys on the team that can create his own shot doesn't mean that he should do so nearly every time the ball hits his hands.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers