And1: 261

Sergio to the Knicks. 

Post#1 » by JD45 » Mon Jun 8, 2009 3:43 pm

RealGM quoting a EuroSport article.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi ... aft_night/

Report: Blazers Will Trade Rodriguez To Knicks On Draft Night
More Knicks News

Jun 08, 2009 11:32 AM EST

According to a report from Yahoo-Eurosport, the Knicks will acquire Sergio Rodriguez in a draft night trade.

Sources from the Knicks say the two sides have had a deal agreed upon for almost three weeks.

Mike D'Antoni is reportedly driving the interest in the Portland point guard.

Via Eurosport
"Government is the great fiction through which everyone endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else"

Frederic Bastiat
Blazinaway
General Manager
And1: 1,407

Re: Sergio to the Knicks. 

Post#2 » by Blazinaway » Mon Jun 8, 2009 3:46 pm

Good for Sergio, but I have to wonder why wait till draft night unless it's part of a bigger deal?
jhern87
Starter
And1: 128

Post#3 » by jhern87 » Mon Jun 8, 2009 3:47 pm

Not sure how everyone else feels but I'm kinda hoping for either Nate Rob or Lee (Maybe both? :)) to be included into this package somehow..
Blazinaway
General Manager

Post#4 » by Blazinaway » Mon Jun 8, 2009 3:49 pm

Quick thinking, was just gonna post that, and/or the #8 pick in a larger deal with or without LEE?
BlazersRizing
Assistant Coach
And1: 159

Post#5 » by BlazersRizing » Mon Jun 8, 2009 3:54 pm

Lee in the Blazers system?

pass.
Blazinaway
General Manager

Post#6 » by Blazinaway » Mon Jun 8, 2009 3:55 pm

BlazersRizing wrote:Lee in the Blazers system?

pass.

agree that Lee seems the least probable unless a 3-way is involved and maybe MEM is the other team?
jhern87
Starter

Post#7 » by jhern87 » Mon Jun 8, 2009 3:57 pm

BlazersRizing wrote:Lee in the Blazers system?

pass.

Sure his stats may be a little inflated in Dantoni's system but he's solid on the boards and is the perfect bigman to come off the bench..
Billy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 161

Post#8 » by Billy » Mon Jun 8, 2009 3:58 pm

I saw Zar post that in another thread, but this deserves a separate thread IMO.

Certainly from a fit stand point everything makes sense. I think just about everyone on this board has at least thought of Sergio going to NY.

Will be very interested to see what the return is. Possibly it will be nothing more than part of the Balkman trade exception. That would seem very "un KP" but I can see KP moving a guy somewhere where he'd thrive if he had the option and it still would help the Blazers.

My other guess is that it's for a first round pick NEXT year. Saves NY the caphold of a pick and gives Portland another asset to move this year in their quest to move up and/or acquire some vet talent.
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#9 » by PDXKnight » Mon Jun 8, 2009 3:59 pm

There has to be more to this. If it were a Sergio for salary cut trade, we would've done it awhile ago I guess it would be a decent deal for both teams, but a.t the same time, I suspect there's somebody else involved in this deal. Of course, the holdup could also be a draft pick (IE if certain players are available at a certain pick, then the trade doesn't happen).
PDXKnight
RealGM

Post#10 » by PDXKnight » Mon Jun 8, 2009 4:01 pm

Billy wrote:My other guess is that it's for a first round pick NEXT year. Saves NY the caphold of a pick and gives Portland another asset to move this year in their quest to move up and/or acquire some vet talent.

Utah already has NY's unprotected 2010 pick. I'm not sure if the Knicks have any other first rounders, but it wouldn't be NY's pick coming back.
Blazinaway
General Manager

Post#11 » by Blazinaway » Mon Jun 8, 2009 4:01 pm

Oden2 wrote:There has to be more to this. If it were a Sergio for salary cut trade, we would've done it awhile ago I guess it would be a decent deal for both teams, but a.t the same time, I suspect there's somebody else involved in this deal. Of course, the holdup could also be a draft pick (IE if certain players are available at a certain pick, then the trade doesn't happen).

That is why I suggested earlier in the thread a larger draft day deal may be involved - why wait to draft day if that is all it is?
Blazinaway
General Manager

Post#12 » by Blazinaway » Mon Jun 8, 2009 4:04 pm

It's ironic that we actually have a lot of "D'Antoni type" players. Serg, Rudy, TO, Webs, Bayless, Batum, and LMA. Maybe we should trade coaches instead? LOL
PDXKnight
RealGM

Post#13 » by PDXKnight » Mon Jun 8, 2009 4:05 pm

Blazinaway wrote:
Oden2 wrote:There has to be more to this. If it were a Sergio for salary cut trade, we would've done it awhile ago I guess it would be a decent deal for both teams, but a.t the same time, I suspect there's somebody else involved in this deal. Of course, the holdup could also be a draft pick (IE if certain players are available at a certain pick, then the trade doesn't happen).

That is why I suggested earlier in the thread a larger draft day deal may be involved - why wait to draft day if that is all it is?

Yeah, exactly. If the rumors are true that we've locked in a trade for 3 weeks now and we haven't gone through with it yet, something's gotta give.
southnc
Rookie
And1: 1

Post#14 » by southnc » Mon Jun 8, 2009 4:06 pm

I wonder if Frye might be somehow involved. Under the new coaching and direction, NY might prefer to have him back.
Fitz303
General Manager
And1: 1,822

Post#15 » by Fitz303 » Mon Jun 8, 2009 4:06 pm

I never thought I'd see the day.. Finally! Now its time for Bayless to show everyone what hes got. Hopefully, if we bring in another PG, Blake is gone. I really dont want to see Blake coming off the bench
jhern87
Starter

Post#16 » by jhern87 » Mon Jun 8, 2009 4:07 pm

Oden2 wrote:
Blazinaway wrote:

Yeah, exactly. If the rumors are true that we've locked in a trade for 3 weeks now and we haven't gone through with it yet, something's gotta give.

Well you cannot make deals right now.. The Finals are still going on.. When is the soonest teams can make a deal after the Finals?
Blazinaway
General Manager

Post#17 » by Blazinaway » Mon Jun 8, 2009 4:08 pm

What are U talking about, deals CAN be made now thought it's unusual.
b33nine
Senior
And1: 92

Post#18 » by b33nine » Mon Jun 8, 2009 4:09 pm

fairly certain as long as both teams are no longer in the playoffs they can make a trade.
jhern87
Starter

Post#19 » by jhern87 » Mon Jun 8, 2009 4:10 pm

Fitz303 wrote:I never thought I'd see the day.. Finally! Now its time for Bayless to show everyone what hes got. Hopefully, if we bring in another PG, Blake is gone. I really dont want to see Blake coming off the bench

Me either! Just thinking about burying Bayless behind Blake and another PG on the depth chart makes me sick to my stomach.. :banghead:
JD45
General Manager
And1: 261

Post#20 » by JD45 » Mon Jun 8, 2009 4:13 pm

Blazinaway wrote:What are U talking about, deals CAN be made now thought it's unusual.

No deals can be made until Finals are over. They can be agreed to, but not consumated.
"Government is the great fiction through which everyone endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else"

Frederic Bastiat

Return to Portland Trail Blazers