Sergio to the Knicks.

Moderators: DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam

TBpup
Lead Assistant
And1: 241

Re: Sergio to the Knicks. 

Post#141 » by TBpup » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:59 pm

DaVoiceMaster wrote:
What we really need, and I don't believe we've seen him post in this thread yet, is TBPup sighting!!!

Where are ya Pup?

Voice....I heard from a very reliable source :D that the Pup is gathering info and making a few calls from deep inside a bunker somewhere. Smoke signals coming from the vicinity :onfire: seem to indicate he doesn't buy into the Curry hype just yet.

:starwars
@TBpup22
Spykes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16

Post#142 » by Spykes » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:46 pm

TBpup wrote:
DaVoiceMaster wrote:
What we really need, and I don't believe we've seen him post in this thread yet, is TBPup sighting!!!

Where are ya Pup?

Voice....I heard from a very reliable source :D that the Pup is gathering info and making a few calls from deep inside a bunker somewhere. Smoke signals coming from the vicinity :onfire: seem to indicate he doesn't buy into the Curry hype just yet.

I'm not buying the Curry hype yet either, but I did notice something a little interesting from the Wiretap...

The Charlotte Observer had an erroneous report in Friday's edition when Rick Bonnell cited Dell Curry's claim that his son Stephen Curry would be shutting it down following one final workout with Washington.

"The Washington one is set, and after that it's still open," said Curry to Chris Littmann of the Sporting News. "We're in talks with a lot of teams trying to get the right schedule going for the last week and a half. Beyond Tuesday in Washington, I don't have anything set yet."

Curry is also still talking about working out for Oklahoma City, Portland and Milwaukee.

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wireta ... her_teams/
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,329

Post#143 » by Wizenheimer » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:33 pm

Spykes wrote:
TBpup wrote:
DaVoiceMaster wrote:

Where are ya Pup?

I'm not buying the Curry hype yet either, but I did notice something a little interesting from the Wiretap...

The Charlotte Observer had an erroneous report in Friday's edition when Rick Bonnell cited Dell Curry's claim that his son Stephen Curry would be shutting it down following one final workout with Washington.

"The Washington one is set, and after that it's still open," said Curry to Chris Littmann of the Sporting News. "We're in talks with a lot of teams trying to get the right schedule going for the last week and a half. Beyond Tuesday in Washington, I don't have anything set yet."

Curry is also still talking about working out for Oklahoma City, Portland and Milwaukee.

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wireta ... her_teams/

that's pretty interesting. I sure can't see why Curry would workout for a team selecting 24th in the draft...no way.

So the suspicion would be that his agent has reason to believe Portland has a shot of moving into a position to make the selection. And It's sure looking like the absolute latest Curry would be drafted is with the 8th pick. So portland would need to deal for one of the top 8 picks, and frankly, I only see 2 possibilities in the top 8: Washington and NY. And Curry very well might not last till the 8th pick. So it would indicate a possible deal with the Wizards.

I think Portland could swing a deal for the 5th pick pretty easily if they were willing to give up Rudy. But it's hard to inmagine KP would be willing unless he was absolutely in love with Curry. If that was the case, then a deal like Rudy, Sergio, Outlaw & the 24th for the 5th, Nick Young, and Songalia is conceivable. Otherwise, Portland would really have to take on some major contracts in order to make it worth Washington's consideration, and I'm not sure that would fly with either front office.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers