ImageImage

Rudy is infuriated by the Turkoglu move?

Moderators: DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam

iverigma
Junior
And1: 0

Rudy is infuriated by the Turkoglu move? 

Post#1 » by iverigma » Wed Jul 1, 2009 7:28 pm

To me it's truly the breaking news and a big concern to me.... Chris Sheridan in ESPN is reporting:

Portland's pursuit of a certain player from Turkey has infuriated the Trail Blazers' lone remaining Spanish player, Rudy Fernandez, to the point where he'd prefer to play in Greece, Russia or even Spain again, ESPN.com learned Tuesday.

A league source told ESPN.com that Fernandez has already been courted informally by European powerhouses Olympiacos, Real Madrid, FC Barcelona and CSKA Moscow as word spread that the Blazers had become the apparent front-runners to land free agent Hedo Turkoglu.

The Blazers have been made aware of Fernandez's feelings, the source said. The source added that Fernandez has not formally requested a trade but has expressed his dissatisfaction with the way he was used by Portland coach Nate McMillan over the course of his rookie season. Fernandez he averaged 26 minutes off the bench and scored 10.2 points per game, rarely handling the ball or acting as an offensive initiator -- two of Turkoglu's specialties.

Cro_Ruption
Sixth Man
And1: 93

Re: Rudy is infuriated by the Turkoglu move? 

Post#2 » by Cro_Ruption » Wed Jul 1, 2009 7:30 pm

i dont think this is true, but if it is,, well trade him cuz hes a whiny ass bitch sorry for the language but this spaniards are getting on my nerves
SharoneWright wrote:I would not trade Bargs for Roy.

Monster or no.

i said it. And I live in a flame retardent suit.
Milkdud
RealGM
And1: 137

Post#3 » by Milkdud » Wed Jul 1, 2009 7:31 pm

Why, do Spaniards not like Turks?

Seriously if its true that disappointing, I think there are more moves to make for the Blazer to clear space for both guys to play.
Spykes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16

Post#4 » by Spykes » Wed Jul 1, 2009 7:32 pm

WTF? Why would Rudy be upset by the Hedo signing?

If he's that upset then lets see what we can get for him and move Webster to our primary backup SG.
Jack wore plaid
Sixth Man
And1: 56

Post#5 » by Jack wore plaid » Wed Jul 1, 2009 7:35 pm

This will be my first, and hopefully only time saying this but Rudy should go then.
Ripcity4life
Analyst
And1: 218

Post#6 » by Ripcity4life » Wed Jul 1, 2009 7:36 pm

OK i love Rudy and all but if this is true then as much as it pains me to say it. Rudy should be moved and not because he not not approve of Hedo because he thinks HE can whine and have real influence with the Blazers. Also makes me question if he really wants to be in the NBA for a ring or NBA for a Paycheck down the line.
EGame
Head Coach
And1: 264

Post#7 » by EGame » Wed Jul 1, 2009 7:37 pm

If we lose out on Turk because of this then Rudy can also GTFO. I don't prefer whiny babies on my team anyway.
Billy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 161

Post#8 » by Billy » Wed Jul 1, 2009 7:38 pm

I must be missing something... I don't know.

A lot of this seems like news to me. I'd think we would have heard if there were any problems about his usage last year.

As far worrying about minutes, I don't think there is a problem. Right now Turk would likely slide over to PF some (much like Travis), and Rudy would continue to play all of the backup minutes at SG with a smattering of SF and PG minutes.

Maybe I'm ignorant, but is there something deeper than that that I'm missing?
Charcoal Filtered
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#9 » by Charcoal Filtered » Wed Jul 1, 2009 7:39 pm

Must be a slow news day in Spain. Rudy and Batum are on the front page of the Blazers website, just FYI. I doubt this is serious.
The NBA: Where convicted tax evader Ken Mauer happens to officiate.
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,329

Post#10 » by Wizenheimer » Wed Jul 1, 2009 7:40 pm

I'd really like to hear just who the "source" for this was.

until I hear something more concrete, I'm going to assume it's BS made up by somebody trying to muddy the water and discourage Portland signing Hedo.
Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,329

Post#11 » by Wizenheimer » Wed Jul 1, 2009 7:42 pm

Billy wrote:I must be missing something... I don't know.

A lot of this seems like news to me. I'd think we would have heard if there were any problems about his usage last year.

As far worrying about minutes, I don't think there is a problem. Right now Turk would likely slide over to PF some (much like Travis), and Rudy would continue to play all of the backup minutes at SG with a smattering of SF and PG minutes.

Maybe I'm ignorant, but is there something deeper than that that I'm missing?

what you may be missing is the motivations of the supposed "source"...maybe they work for the Raptors... :wink:
EGame
Head Coach

Post#12 » by EGame » Wed Jul 1, 2009 7:42 pm

I think this is a sign of things to come right here anyway. I may be missing something, but all this suggests to me (even though he claims he hasn't asked for a trade) is that once his contract is up, he is gone regardless. He wants to be a starter it seems like and that will never happen with B-Roy. IMO, we should explore trading optios for him.
PacificBlazer
Starter
And1: 128

Post#13 » by PacificBlazer » Wed Jul 1, 2009 7:43 pm

This really doesn't make any sense to me.
Oh hi Realgm
Zyme
Bench Warmer
And1: 28

Post#14 » by Zyme » Wed Jul 1, 2009 7:43 pm

Its like he's worried about his role being marginalized. How woudl turk do that?

He would still play the 12 min that roy is sitting/game and Turk only plays 34-6 as well. That leaves 24-6 still for him, I dont see the problem.

If he is not the team player that we thought he was, then he can really be added the the "movable assets column"
LaMarcus for Heisman!!!

Roster:Lillard/Mathews/Batum*/LA/Lopez

*Its not pronounced with a !@#$ing s, he's french. It's Nico-la, not Nico-las.

—Peace!
Blazinaway
General Manager
And1: 1,413

Post#15 » by Blazinaway » Wed Jul 1, 2009 7:44 pm

Spykes wrote:WTF? Why would Rudy be upset by the Hedo signing?

If he's that upset then lets see what we can get for him and move Webster to our primary backup SG.

Conley for Rudy?
Blazinaway
General Manager
And1: 1,413

Post#16 » by Blazinaway » Wed Jul 1, 2009 7:44 pm

Spykes wrote:WTF? Why would Rudy be upset by the Hedo signing?

Conley for Rudy?
Malapropism
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,418

Post#17 » by Malapropism » Wed Jul 1, 2009 7:45 pm

PacificBlazer wrote:This really doesn't make any sense to me.

Why not? It's pretty clear Rudy wants a bigger role, and signing Turkoglue reduces his role.
jhern87
Starter
And1: 128

Post#18 » by jhern87 » Wed Jul 1, 2009 7:45 pm

I don't understand why Rudy would be "infuriated"? It's not like he plays SF.. Maybe because he knows Roy wont be sliding over to the 3 very much if any anymore?

If I'm KP I start shopping .. Rudy, Batum, Bayless, TO, Blake and our first rounder next year and see what kind of PG it can fetch us..
EGame
Head Coach

Post#19 » by EGame » Wed Jul 1, 2009 7:46 pm

I bet if Nets are serious about unloading Harris, that could get us Harris perhaps. Maybe take out Batum and possibly Bayless, I think, though, Batum doesn't have to be added.
BuffaloBull
Assistant Coach
And1: 576

Post#20 » by BuffaloBull » Wed Jul 1, 2009 7:47 pm

As a Bulls fan, this is the sort of stuff that can happen when your team is too young. Young players sometimes bridle when they are asked to be roleplayers and sacrifice for the team, especially when on a rookie contract. It may be overblown, but I wouldn't be surprised if Rudy feels threatened by the presence of another high minutes wing player.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers