RealGM
And1: 36,523

Artest still leading despite daughter's surgery 

Post#1 » by RIPskaterdude » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:10 pm

Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,502

Post#2 » by Ballings7 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:59 pm

And I didn't even really think about that last night, the situation with his daughter. Once again, what toughness and courage the guy has, aside from being a high-level basketball player.

Anybody who dismisses what's gone on with his daughter, handling the situation with his wife last year, and going over to Africa last year - is just an idiot, frankly, and an inconsiderate person.

Ron being a "headcase" has been overblown since 2004 or 2005 (depending how you feel about the trade demand), IMO. The people he's a "headache" to is the people who over-worry and exaggerate about him. When that, now, is unnecessary and lacks credibility. Which there are a lot of those people, unfortunately. All comes down to a lack of knowledge, thus a limited perspective.

Great to know she had a successful surgery.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
Cruel_Ruin
Head Coach
And1: 767
Location: The intersection of intellect, imagination and insanity

Post#3 » by Cruel_Ruin » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:04 am

Ron is not a headcase. He's a very emotional player, and you can see that when he plays. To play with his daughter on his mind must kill him. I'll root for him wherever he goes.
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,502

Post#4 » by Ballings7 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:10 am

And, he hasn't shown this much in emotion like he has this season, in years. Most technicals since 02-03, too, and most of the technicals aren't deserved or are nothing crazy in the reason.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
Smills91
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#5 » by Smills91 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:00 am

Cruel_Ruin wrote:Ron is not a headcase. He's a very emotional player, and you can see that when he plays. To play with his daughter on his mind must kill him. I'll root for him wherever he goes.
Agreed, I hope he stays here, but if the UNTHINKABLE happens the exceptions would the be the Flakers and Whoriers. I just couldn't do it then.
backer55
Senior
And1: 1

Post#6 » by backer55 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:02 am

Ballings7 wrote:And I didn't even really think about that last night, the situation with his daughter. Once again, what toughness and courage the guy has, aside from being a high-level basketball player.

Anybody who dismisses what's gone on with his daughter, handling the situation with his wife last year, and going over to Africa last year - is just an idiot, frankly, and an inconsiderate person.

Ron being a "headcase" has been overblown since 2004 or 2005 (depending how you feel about the trade demand), IMO. The people he's a "headache" to is the people who over-worry and exaggerate about him. When that, now, is unnecessary and lacks credibility. Which there are a lot of those people, unfortunately. All comes down to a lack of knowledge, thus a limited perspective.

Great to know she had a successful surgery.

+1

AnDrOiDKing4
Analyst
And1: 57

Post#7 » by AnDrOiDKing4 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:20 am

hes too bipoler on and off the court.

hes leaving after the season is over, might aswell get something for while we can.
Lamak wrote:His playstyle is very similar to Derrick Rose, but asian.

Return to Sacramento Kings