ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 38 Thread - Kings (20-17) vs Lakers (18-21)

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: Game 38 Thread - Kings (20-17) vs Lakers (18-21) 

Post#21 » by City of Trees » Sun Jan 8, 2023 6:32 am

codydaze wrote:We desperately need to get some defense at the deadline.
I don't know who Monte targets in trade? Adding one player won't solve the Kings issues however adding a starting wing defender who can lock down 1v1 is the route to go.
OxAndFox
Analyst
And1: 2,191

Post#22 » by OxAndFox » Sun Jan 8, 2023 7:21 am

BoogieTime wrote:im more disappointed in the hawks/hornets/wizards losses. yes, the ending was questionable, but the lakers had the upper hand on the momentum, partly because they still had the best player on the court. Lebron is still nice at his age, and putting solid role players around him and they are charging back into the mix

I agree with most of this. Don't think they had the momentum, don't think either team did. But one thing is clear, that was a foul on Fox. There were other weird things this game, but let's just stick with this one.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,548

Post#23 » by codydaze » Sun Jan 8, 2023 7:33 am

City of Trees wrote:
I don't know who Monte targets in trade? Adding one player won't solve the Kings issues however adding a starting wing defender who can lock down 1v1 is the route to go.

I'm actually fine with the starting lineup as is, I think we just need a couple pieces on the bench that can help. One of my targets right now is Zach Collins, I think he could provide some rim protection for the second unit and can even play stretches alongside Domas since he's a threat from deep. If we can find a way to get him and a guy like Thybulle, I think that would help a lot. I don't know if both can be had though without giving up a piece like Davion, especially since our firsts are pretty much locked up.

Does Holmes/TD plus some seconds for Collins and Josh Richardson work for San Antonio? That's a move we need to look into in my opinion.
OxAndFox
Analyst
And1: 2,191

Post#24 » by OxAndFox » Sun Jan 8, 2023 7:38 am

OK so WTF is happening in the NBA? LeBron James can go for a drive and FAKE getting hit in the face, nothing new right? but it's proven that he didn't and crickets.
Domas, gets hit in the face, check that, smashed, as it was a swing at the ball and no call. This isn't a LeBron I am god so I get the benefit. The Lakers were literally holding up signs for every Domas foul. Why? Not suggesting the refs were bought, but they were definitely effected by all the talk from the Lakers. Look at Bryant, how can an NBA player not even stand on two feet yet score 29? Schroeder got fouled on a play and threw himself the opposite way. Yet still a call? What are the refs watching? All this game did was solidify my belief the NBA refs can't officiate a game effectively.
It's not about them, it's about the players and coaches complaining 48 mins of the way to get a call, whether right now or later in the game. We seen that work in favour of the Lakers, once again, tonight.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#25 » by City of Trees » Sun Jan 8, 2023 7:56 am

codydaze wrote:
City of Trees wrote:

I'm actually fine with the starting lineup as is, I think we just need a couple pieces on the bench that can help. One of my targets right now is Zach Collins, I think he could provide some rim protection for the second unit and can even play stretches alongside Domas since he's a threat from deep. If we can find a way to get him and a guy like Thybulle, I think that would help a lot. I don't know if both can be had though without giving up a piece like Davion, especially since our firsts are pretty much locked up.

Does Holmes/TD plus some seconds for Collins and Josh Richardson work for San Antonio? That's a move we need to look into in my opinion.
The starting line up can't stop guard/wing penetration and the bigs offer no resistance at the rim. The bench already holds three of the best defenders at their respective positions (pg, sf, c). The issue lies with the starting unit. Eventually Barnes is odd man out.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#26 » by City of Trees » Sun Jan 8, 2023 8:00 am

OxAndFox wrote:OK so WTF is happening in the NBA? LeBron James can go for a drive and FAKE getting hit in the face, nothing new right? but it's proven that he didn't and crickets.
Domas, gets hit in the face, check that, smashed, as it was a swing at the ball and no call. This isn't a LeBron I am god so I get the benefit. The Lakers were literally holding up signs for every Domas foul. Why? Not suggesting the refs were bought, but they were definitely effected by all the talk from the Lakers. Look at Bryant, how can an NBA player not even stand on two feet yet score 29? Schroeder got fouled on a play and threw himself the opposite way. Yet still a call? What are the refs watching? All this game did was solidify my belief the NBA refs can't officiate a game effectively.
It's not about them, it's about the players and coaches complaining 48 mins of the way to get a call, whether right now or later in the game. We seen that work in favour of the Lakers, once again, tonight.
I just saw the replay of Domas getting clubbed on the head. Isn't that a flagrant 1?

Return to Sacramento Kings