ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 44 Thread - Kings (25-18) vs Thunder (22-23)

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

Silver Man
Starter
And1: 528

Re: Game 44 Thread - Kings (25-18) vs Thunder (22-23) 

Post#21 » by Silver Man » Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:42 pm

Tough game against the Sixers tonight especially with the starters playing heavy minutes last night but last nights win was definitely necessary and a nice team win.
euphorbus
Analyst
And1: 1,480

Post#22 » by euphorbus » Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:26 pm

City of Trees wrote:No one said Monk is responsible for the teams turn around. Chemistry guy's are simply a piece to the puzzle. We were pointing out while Monk is struggling in one area he still provides value in another.

He had five assists in this game, second to the (amazing) 14 by Sabonis. If you look at the per 36 stats for the Kings, Monk is second in scoring, behind Fox and ahead of Sabonis. Likewise, he comes in third behind Sabonis and Fox in assists. Time after time this season, he has scored the tying or go-ahead buckets, sometimes more than once in the same game. He is a leader on this team.

At the same time, I think Monk has lost confidence in his three-point shot, because I see nothing wrong with his form or shot selection. He could make up for it in the short term by shooting more mid-range jumpers, like Fox.
KingFox
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,668

Post#23 » by KingFox » Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:35 pm

Silver Man wrote:Tough game against the Sixers tonight especially with the starters playing heavy minutes last night but last nights win was definitely necessary and a nice team win.

The Thunder game is a game we normally lose, looking ahead at the next game and tougher opponent. This Kings team has been so impressive, constantly proving me wrong. I was all buckled up for a loss.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,792

Post#24 » by BoogieTime » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:46 am

euphorbus wrote:
City of Trees wrote:No one said Monk is responsible for the teams turn around. Chemistry guy's are simply a piece to the puzzle. We were pointing out while Monk is struggling in one area he still provides value in another.

He had five assists in this game, second to the (amazing) 14 by Sabonis. If you look at the per 36 stats for the Kings, Monk is second in scoring, behind Fox and ahead of Sabonis. Likewise, he comes in third behind Sabonis and Fox in assists. Time after time this season, he has scored the tying or go-ahead buckets, sometimes more than once in the same game. He is a leader on this team.

At the same time, I think Monk has lost confidence in his three-point shot, because I see nothing wrong with his form or shot selection. He could make up for it in the short term by shooting more mid-range jumpers, like Fox.

Are you a fan of him? He's been inefficient this season with his shooting splits .425/.312, and he started the season strong so you know how he's been playing anytime lately. On top of his questionable BBIQ, that tends to result in the wrong turnover. He was tasked with helping a bench unit that is now nearly defunct, in sizable portion due to him. Our starters ar being run into the ground

The guy hasn't been doing his job, and Mike Brown will make a move if he needs to

Read on Twitter

Return to Sacramento Kings