ImageImageImageImageImage

Kings (10-7) vs Nuggets (14-6)

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,248

Re: Kings (10-7) vs Nuggets (14-6) 

Post#21 » by blind prophet » Sun Dec 3, 2023 5:08 am

That inbound pass under the basket by Keegan was just trash.

Sabonis wide open with his arms up yelling at him for like 2 seconds.....then Keegan throws the risky pass toward half court.
blind prophet
RealGM

Post#22 » by blind prophet » Sun Dec 3, 2023 5:10 am

Denver down 8, maybe Monk is tired but if coach doesn't put him back in....
blind prophet
RealGM

Post#23 » by blind prophet » Sun Dec 3, 2023 5:13 am

LOL when he puts Monk back in it takes like 3 seconds to score.
blind prophet
RealGM

Post#24 » by blind prophet » Sun Dec 3, 2023 5:15 am

It's good he took Keegan out, just didn't have it there for a bit but I think he should have taken Huerter out too.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,546

Post#25 » by codydaze » Sun Dec 3, 2023 5:21 am

And that's ball game, folks. Very good win tonight off a career high 16 assists from Fox and just 1 turnover.
Lost in LA
Pro Prospect
And1: 162

Post#26 » by Lost in LA » Sun Dec 3, 2023 5:30 am

Solid performance, Fox excellent again, but I would like them to use Sasha more. We need a real PF to help Sabonis out.
madskillz8
Senior
And1: 801

Post#27 » by madskillz8 » Sun Dec 3, 2023 5:44 am

Lost in LA wrote:Solid performance, Fox excellent again, but I would like them to use Sasha more. We need a real PF to help Sabonis out.

Trade-off: you have to get rid one of Lyles or Vezenkov - both perfectly fits what Kings are trying to play.

A better solution might be to play Sabonis with Len/McGee in short stretches - something we never tried insistently. I think Len and McGee are both mobile enough to play with another big for 8-10 minutes.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,788

Post#28 » by BoogieTime » Sun Dec 3, 2023 5:56 am

Monk been impacting the season more

I was ambivalent about him coming into this season, after good playoffs but mediocre last season IMO

Now you need to keep him, and I hope they can without needing to move major salary to get under the cap sufficiently
OxAndFox
Analyst
And1: 2,178

Post#29 » by OxAndFox » Sun Dec 3, 2023 6:12 am

madskillz8 wrote:
Lost in LA wrote:Solid performance, Fox excellent again, but I would like them to use Sasha more. We need a real PF to help Sabonis out.

Trade-off: you have to get rid one of Lyles or Vezenkov - both perfectly fits what Kings are trying to play.

A better solution might be to play Sabonis with Len/McGee in short stretches - something we never tried insistently. I think Len and McGee are both mobile enough to play with another big for 8-10 minutes.

Are you saying the Kings need to get rid of one of Lyles/Vezenkov and play Len/McGee WITH Sabonis?
That's crazy.
There's enough time to go around if the Kings trade for a starting-level PF to keep Lyles/Vezenkov.
The Kings just need to use Vezenkov like a Monk bench scorer. Need to run plays for him and look for him. Fairly short stints.

Anyway, a win is a win. The Kings need to look at Denver and that is how you play a second game on a B2B on the road. They were low energy but gave themselves a chance to steal it in the last quarter.

Oh, and pay Fox his dues FFS.
madskillz8
Senior
And1: 801

Post#30 » by madskillz8 » Sun Dec 3, 2023 6:17 am

OxAndFox wrote:
madskillz8 wrote:

Are you saying the Kings need to get rid of one of Lyles/Vezenkov and play Len/McGee WITH Sabonis?
That's crazy.
There's enough time to go around if the Kings trade for a starting-level PF to keep Lyles/Vezenkov.
The Kings just need to use Vezenkov like a Monk bench scorer. Need to run plays for him and look for him. Fairly short stints.

Anyway, a win is a win. The Kings need to look at Denver and that is how you play a second game on a B2B on the road. They were low energy but gave themselves a chance to steal it in the last quarter.

No.

I'm quoting Lost in LA's post: We need a real PF to help Sabonis out.

To do that, you should consider this trade-off: You can get a real PF if you get rid of one of Lyles/Vezenkov.

However, they're very valuable IMO, thus my solution would be to play a center with Sabonis, instead of getting "a real PF".
OxAndFox
Analyst

Post#31 » by OxAndFox » Sun Dec 3, 2023 6:21 am

BoogieTime wrote:Monk been impacting the season more

I was ambivalent about him coming into this season, after good playoffs but mediocre last season IMO

Now you need to keep him, and I hope they can without needing to move major salary to get under the cap sufficiently

Kings don't need to do anything salary-wise to keep Monk. If Sacramento wants him back. He will be a King next season.
What it might do is put the Kings in a position to have to pay the tax next season instead of the year after. This is all barring a major trade though.
OxAndFox
Analyst

Post#32 » by OxAndFox » Sun Dec 3, 2023 6:23 am

madskillz8 wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:
madskillz8 wrote:

That's crazy.

No.

To do that, you should consider this trade-off: You can get a real PF if you get rid of one of Lyles/Vezenkov.

However, they're very valuable IMO, thus my solution would be to play a center with Sabonis, instead of getting "a real PF".

Ok no worries. My Bad.
Still don't think we need to get rid of one of Lyles/Vezenkov. Those two might even split minutes each game. Lyles can play some small ball 5 and Vezenkov can play some 3 against certain guys.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,628

Post#33 » by LightTheBeam » Sun Dec 3, 2023 6:47 am

Great team win tonight! Almost everyone showed up to play! We really are a different team when Monk and Fox are both on. Everyone had their moments and fox diced them up with those 16 assists! Truly think if he wanted he could easily average 10+ but it's not how coach has built the team.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#34 » by LightTheBeam » Sun Dec 3, 2023 6:50 am

OxAndFox wrote:
madskillz8 wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:
That's crazy.

No.

Ok no worries. My Bad.
Still don't think we need to get rid of one of Lyles/Vezenkov. Those two might even split minutes each game. Lyles can play some small ball 5 and Vezenkov can play some 3 against certain guys.

Yup. Both those guys are fine. The one who needs to be replaced is Barnes. You swap him for a real pf and continue to play Lyles/Sasha. Imo when you get to the playoffs that's your 8 man rotation.

Fox - Huerter - Murray - Real PF - Sabonis
Monk - Sasha - Lyles

Monk covers 1-2
Sasha covers 3-4
Lyles covers 4-5
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#35 » by BoogieTime » Sun Dec 3, 2023 6:52 am

OxAndFox wrote:

Kings don't need to do anything salary-wise to keep Monk. If Sacramento wants him back. He will be a King next season.
What it might do is put the Kings in a position to have to pay the tax next season instead of the year after. This is all barring a major trade though.

and why would that be if they don't have his bird rights on a two year deal?

There is limits to what they can do
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#36 » by BoogieTime » Sun Dec 3, 2023 7:26 am

BoogieTime wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:

Read on Twitter

This is what they can do without going under the cap not having full bird rights, its just will it be enough if he continues to blow up?

maybe it will be though. someone might see a starter
OxAndFox
Analyst

Post#37 » by OxAndFox » Sun Dec 3, 2023 7:29 am

BoogieTime wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:

I believe early bird rights will get it done. Maybe if he keeps going off it won't. In that case, he has GREAT trade value, yes (at least a pick type range)? Then you go to Malik's representation and tell them, look, we want to retain you, but I don't think we can, we can only go to $X. We are going to search the market for value and we will try and get Malik to a good situation.
I would not be surprised at all if Malik also came back and said, look I love the Kings, love Fox and my teammates, I will take the $15m/yr. That would not shock me. He isn't a big town guy, obviously he wants to make as much as he can, but he also would want the best situation, which the Kings have proven to him, it's right here in Sacramento.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#38 » by BoogieTime » Sun Dec 3, 2023 7:34 am

OxAndFox wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:

I believe early bird rights will get it done. Maybe if he keeps going off it won't. In that case, he has GREAT trade value, yes (at least a pick type range)? Then you go to Malik's representation and tell them, look, we want to retain you, but I don't think we can, we can only go to $X. We are going to search the market for value and we will try and get Malik to a good situation.
I would not be surprised at all if Malik also came back and said, look I love the Kings, love Fox and my teammates, I will take the $15m/yr. That would not shock me. He isn't a big town guy, obviously he wants to make as much as he can, but he also would want the best situation, which the Kings have proven to him, it's right here in Sacramento.

I don't want to say it on the trade/transactions forum when you guys are talking about the Kings contracts, but to me, not only do Davion and Duarte not have significant value, I worry you can't get expiring for them which would be useful here in case it won't be enough. you could maybe find hb a home too. some of the teams with projected cap from what Im seeing in the summer of 2024 need a sg
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#39 » by LightTheBeam » Sun Dec 3, 2023 7:41 am

BoogieTime wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:

I don't want to say it on the trade/transactions forum when you guys are talking about the Kings contracts, but to me, not only do Davion and Duarte not have significant value, I worry you can't get expiring for them which would be useful here in case it won't be enough. you could maybe find hb a home too. some of the teams with projected cap from what Im seeing in the summer of 2024 need a sg

I think those are the kinda guys team won't mind as salary filler in a bigger deal. Both still on rookie deals, 1 year remaining so won't kill your team. Get a free look.

Sure they don't have any value alone, but they aren't exactly negative either
OxAndFox
Analyst

Post#40 » by OxAndFox » Sun Dec 3, 2023 7:41 am

BoogieTime wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:

Yeah I agree Davion/Duarte don't have too much value. Don't be surprised though if the Kings see Duarte as a long term piece and sign him to a long term small contract that ends up looking like a steal.
Davion? Think Colby makes him a little redundant. Not this season, but with little value Colby might get past him by next season.
Still not FULLY out on Davion's shooting not being good enough. Think he has mental problems with this offense. He is too structured to play in this type of offense and on defense he holds more value when he doesn't switch and just attacks the next ball handler.

Return to Sacramento Kings