ImageImageImageImageImage

Resigning Ron Artest

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,526

Post#41 » by pillwenney » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:29 am

SacKingZZZ wrote:No that's not what I am saying, what I am saying is the Kings have NO interest in taking on the risk you inherently take with re-signing a guy like Artest long term because the eventual and mostly immediate outcome won't yield much in the way of much greater success than without him at all. Say that in one breath!

I am saying this: Regardless of financial situation, I believe the Kings will not and do not want to re-sign Ron Artest. Period. End of story. In fact, they might not even bring Ron back if he agreed to PAY to play for the Kings.

But you were talking about "evidence" that they felt this way. The "evidence" seems to be that you feel this way.

And what you're saying at the end there is truly ridiculous. If you can get Ron to play for you on a very cheap contract (or pay to play for you, like you said), then you keep him every single time. If nothing else, his trade value would be sky high on a cheap contract.
sackings916
Assistant Coach
And1: 639

Post#42 » by sackings916 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:36 am

SacKingZZZ wrote:No that's not what I am saying, what I am saying is the Kings have NO interest in taking on the risk you inherently take with re-signing a guy like Artest long term because the eventual and mostly immediate outcome won't yield much in the way of much greater success than without him at all. Say that in one breath!

I am saying this: Regardless of financial situation, I believe the Kings will not and do not want to re-sign Ron Artest. Period. End of story. In fact, they might not even bring Ron back if he agreed to PAY to play for the Kings.

ANY team in the NBA would take Ron on a cheap contract. He's just a high quality basketball player. Wow that statement IS truly ridiculous. Do u think before u post? Honestly im tired of the ignorant Kings fans making these type of statements.
Crimson King
Pro Prospect
And1: 31

Post#43 » by Crimson King » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:42 pm

I hope he gets traded, even if it's for Najera+Kleiza (but please, not for Willie Green).

Now he loves the Kings, he wants to stay, and he wants to win the championship this year here :rofl:.

The Kings are the only team (maybe the Sixers too) that can offer him a good contract. That's why he loves the Kings again, and with the trade for expirings he loves the team much more. When the contract is signed, I'm sure two months later he'll ask for a trade.

Trade him and get what you can, Petrie. I'm tired of this guy.

Return to Sacramento Kings