ImageImageImageImageImage

2022-2023 Trade thread

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,616

2022-2023 Trade thread  

Post#1 » by LightTheBeam » Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:45 pm

Well fellas, we are 2 games in and 0-2. I think it's time for an in-season trade thread.

Barnes needs to be on the block, he doesn't fit this team at all. His time here has passed. I'm looking at crowder as the obvious fit to replace him.

Holmes without haliburton is just not working out. Hes a complete negative on the court. I still think the Hornets with lamelo makes sense for him.

Mitchell isn't a fit, and I still question if he wants to be here. Seems to be dragging. Maybe he understands fox is the guy and he wants out. I'd move him for a veteran pg, just not sure I see the fit.

Who are some targets?

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using RealGM mobile app
OxAndFox
Analyst
And1: 2,169

Re: 2022-2023 Trade thread 

Post#2 » by OxAndFox » Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:59 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:Well fellas, we are 2 games in and 0-2. I think it's time for an in-season trade thread.

Barnes needs to be on the block, he doesn't fit this team at all. His time here has passed. I'm looking at crowder as the obvious fit to replace him.

Holmes without haliburton is just not working out. Hes a complete negative on the court. I still think the Hornets with lamelo makes sense for him.

Mitchell isn't a fit, and I still question if he wants to be here. Seems to be dragging. Maybe he understands fox is the guy and he wants out. I'd move him for a veteran pg, just not sure I see the fit.

Who are some targets?

I would agree with this. Barnes looked good during parts of the pre season though. I think where his fit has gone wrong is that he really relied on Sabonis controlling the ball from the high post. He hasn't had as much opportunity there just yet. The offense really doesn't help Barnes so whoever replaces him will find it difficult as well in a half court set up.
Barnes' 3s will start to drop, he is too good a shooter not to.
Think Keegan needs to be the starting 4 and go from there. Having said that, yes Barnes should be on the block.

As for the others, Monte needs to be searching for some buy low candidates, particularly with Holmes' value.
I'm thinking Gordon Hayward would be a good fit with this team. If not go and get someone like Tobias Harris and hope he can work with Keegan/Sabonis.
They would be with both Barnes and Holmes.

If you are just going 1-1 with assets + or -
Barnes = Crowder
Holmes = Plumlee, Josh Richardson, Shamet (if Davion trade)
Davion = Deni, Toppin, Reddish
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,248

Post#3 » by blind prophet » Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:57 pm

This is the first time I'd consider trading Barnes. I've always doubted we'd get a FA as good as him, and his 3 + other general useful things he did made me want to keep him around. Also defensively he can guard the 3/4 or be an EZ switch.

But he has looked bad.

We've stubbornly refused to trade guys in the past before the deadline.

Give me 20 more games or so of the same I'm open to moving him.

Holmes you move for any expiring I think at this point. Even only partial salary expiring and meh bad salary filler.

Mitchell is cheap, not worried about moving him right now.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#4 » by LightTheBeam » Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:25 am

blind prophet wrote:This is the first time I'd consider trading Barnes. I've always doubted we'd get a FA as good as him, and his 3 + other general useful things he did made me want to keep him around. Also defensively he can guard the 3/4 or be an EZ switch.

But he has looked bad.

We've stubbornly refused to trade guys in the past before the deadline.

Give me 20 more games or so of the same I'm open to moving him.

Holmes you move for any expiring I think at this point. Even only partial salary expiring and meh bad salary filler.

Mitchell is cheap, not worried about moving him right now.
Ya the problem to me with barnes at this point is waiting. I don't want to resign him, and his value can only get lower from here right? He's 30 so it's not like a good 5 game stretch changes anything.

Agreed about Holmes.

Davion I'm not as much in a rush, but I'm definitely open to moving him if we can find a better shooting backup. Yes he's a good defender, but it's pretty clear in today's nba it's no where near as important as having good wing defenders. And what I mean by that is while his man defense is solid, he doesn't change the team defense. He's just too small to disrupt the other team

City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#5 » by City of Trees » Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:58 pm

I would put Barnes and Holmes on the block. I'm keeping Davion.
shagadelic45
General Manager
And1: 86

Post#6 » by shagadelic45 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:43 pm

Lakers and Kings:

LAL TRADES: Westy, Christie, Swider, Pippen Jr.

SAC TRADES: Barnes, Holmes, Len, Lyles, Davis

Lakers move Russ for some depth pieces...

Kings get our of Holme's long term deal and get some young guys that fit better where they are at
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#7 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:03 pm

shagadelic45 wrote:Lakers and Kings:

Kings get our of Holme's long term deal and get some young guys that fit better where they are at

How does this make sense for Sac? Not even a pick attached? None of the guys we are sending out are bad contracts. We get stuck with Westbrook and our compensation is a bunch of 2nd round picks who can't even see the floor for a shallow Lakers team?

Ya not close.
Silver Man
Starter
And1: 528

Post#8 » by Silver Man » Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:39 am

shagadelic45 wrote:Lakers and Kings:

There's a negative chance we acquire Westbrook without acquiring multiple first round picks.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#9 » by LightTheBeam » Sun Nov 6, 2022 11:29 am

The saddest part about this team was the depth was supposed to be decent this year. Feels like everytime we add someone, 1-2 guys fall off.

Fox
Huerter/Monk

Murray/Lyles
Sabonis

Everyone else can go as far as I'm concerned. Which points to how far behind we are. And with zero picks to play with its going to be really hard to fill out this roster.

Barnes for Payne/Crowder would be a start that might fill two spots.

Think we are stuck with mitchell. Can't see a single team giving value for him any longer. The warriors could probably develop him, but they wouldn't give us Moody or kuminga for him.

kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,717

Post#10 » by kalenclayton » Mon Nov 7, 2022 2:54 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:The saddest part about this team was the depth was supposed to be decent this year. Feels like everytime we add someone, 1-2 guys fall off.

Fox
Huerter/Monk

Murray/Lyles
Sabonis

Everyone else can go as far as I'm concerned. Which points to how far behind we are. And with zero picks to play with its going to be really hard to fill out this roster.

Think we are stuck with mitchell. Can't see a single team giving value for him any longer. The warriors could probably develop him, but they wouldn't give us Moody or kuminga for him.

I have to ask why you are so down on Davion. The negativity that I’ve seen directed toward him from people on this page has been pretty bad and I can’t help but think it’s overblown.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#11 » by LightTheBeam » Mon Nov 7, 2022 6:33 am

kalenclayton wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:The saddest part about this team was the depth was supposed to be decent this year. Feels like everytime we add someone, 1-2 guys fall off.

Fox
Huerter/Monk

Murray/Lyles
Sabonis

I have to ask why you are so down on Davion. The negativity that I’ve seen directed toward him from people on this page has been pretty bad and I can’t help but think it’s overblown.

Never liked the pick from the start. Its a wings league and we took a 5'10 pg who can't shoot.

He is 24 years old, he should be dominating opposing backups, but instead hes a liability on the court. Just look at his advanced stats this year, hes probably bottom 5 player in the league impact wise. Take away the 1 game he got hot from 3 (5/6), and hes 3/17 on the season from downtown. Hes been bad in 7/8 games. Matthew D is currently a better player than him. His defense is also overrated. Yes hes a solid man defender, but his size really makes it so he doesn't impact the game on that end.

I really want to root for him. I like the guy. I hoped he could become a Pat Bev type force 3&D pg. But I don't see that. I think there's a better chance hes out of the league in a few years than becomes a reliable starter. Hope i'm wrong on this.

What specifically do you like about his game?
euphorbus
Analyst
And1: 1,480

Post#12 » by euphorbus » Wed Nov 9, 2022 10:39 pm

Any room on this team for DeMarcus Cousins? Given the layup lines teams like the Clippers have perpetrated against Sacramento, I should think there is a spot for him on the bench. He is 32, not 42 like Udonis Haslem.

https://www.eurohoops.net/en/nba-news/1417047/demarcus-cousins-wants-to-return-to-kings-and-make-the-playoffs/
OxAndFox
Analyst
And1: 2,169

Post#13 » by OxAndFox » Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:20 pm

euphorbus wrote:Any room on this team for DeMarcus Cousins? Given the layup lines teams like the Clippers have perpetrated against Sacramento, I should think there is a spot for him on the bench. He is 32, not 42 like Udonis Haslem.

https://www.eurohoops.net/en/nba-news/1417047/demarcus-cousins-wants-to-return-to-kings-and-make-the-playoffs/

Personally, I wouldn't do it. Always liked DMC and love this idea in theory. Just don't think it would work out.

The issue you alluded to does need to be fixed.

A few more games like the last one and surely the Suns would bite on a HB for Crowder deal. Then you do need a backup 5 that can be a positive on D.
I would like to try and squeeze Powell from the Mavs with a combo of Holmes/Davion/Davis/Len.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#14 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:08 pm

Davion has started to turn a corner a bit on this team. I still don't think he's starter material, but I'd be really happy if he's a good backup.

What to do about Holmes? Looking like a bad contract (at least on our team). Need to ship him to a team where he can run pnr like he did with Hali. I'd be thrilled with an expiring in return.

LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#15 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:10 pm

OxAndFox wrote:
euphorbus wrote:Any room on this team for DeMarcus Cousins? Given the layup lines teams like the Clippers have perpetrated against Sacramento, I should think there is a spot for him on the bench. He is 32, not 42 like Udonis Haslem.

Personally, I wouldn't do it. Always liked DMC and love this idea in theory. Just don't think it would work out.

The issue you alluded to does need to be fixed.

A few more games like the last one and surely the Suns would bite on a HB for Crowder deal. Then you do need a backup 5 that can be a positive on D.
I would like to try and squeeze Powell from the Mavs with a combo of Holmes/Davion/Davis/Len.
I've been thrilled with Metu/Lyles as the bench bigs. Athletic, young, open the floor for the guards to work.

If we can ship Holmes off for a forward, I'd bring him cousins if he is good with being an emergency player.

NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,663

Post#16 » by NYG » Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:44 am

What would the Kings want in return for Davion?
blind prophet
RealGM

Post#17 » by blind prophet » Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:58 am

NYG wrote:What would the Kings want in return for Davion?

I would guess if we traded him it would include undesirable salary like Len or Holmes for better fit.

I'd be really surprised if Davion gets moved though.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#18 » by LightTheBeam » Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:27 am

blind prophet wrote:
NYG wrote:What would the Kings want in return for Davion?

I would guess if we traded him it would include undesirable salary like Len or Holmes for better fit.

I'd be really surprised if Davion gets moved though.
I'm thinking only way he gets moved is with barnes for a wing upgrade. The team is committed to him as the backup.

blind prophet
RealGM

Post#19 » by blind prophet » Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:32 am

I'm curious if Holmes not being avliable has anything to do with Crowder supposedly being close to being moved. Last I heard was a mystery 3 team trade.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,545

Post#20 » by codydaze » Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:53 am

blind prophet wrote:I'm curious if Holmes not being avliable has anything to do with Crowder supposedly being close to being moved. Last I heard was a mystery 3 team trade.

Please, please, please. Adding Crowder to the mix with Holmes being the price would be amazing.

Return to Sacramento Kings