OxAndFox
Analyst
And1: 2,169

Re: 22-23 General Thread 

Post#161 » by OxAndFox » Thu May 18, 2023 5:27 am

BoogieTime wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:Part of this franchise’s curse is being in the west

Unfairly been in the conference that has had the better record for 20 of 24 seasons (or something?)

Think of those Cousins/Gay teams that could’ve squeaked into the latter seeds if they were in the east

The west was once again better this year.

I’m skeptical of Wemby’s body, but of course the top pick and 3 of top 4 have to be in the west

San Antonio was quite literally the only western team without a young core or solid team while there are 4-5 east teams going nowhere

Not happy about that, but found myself missing the suspense of a kings lottery. Hopefully that won’t be here any time soon again

Don't worry about Wemby's body. He is built different. Have you ever seen anyone do this?

Thanks for supporting the original point.

What does the play have to do with him having a freakish body that might not last?

How does that support your original, can hardly call it original though, point. I get it, you want to go the lazy skinny guy might not last card.

The kid is basically Gumby meets Stretch Armstrong. He isn't like your typical long skinny 7-0+ guy. He's not Chet. The guy moves like a wing. None of the guys you can list (that's what you're basing a body that might not last after all) doing any of your sloppy analysis is like Wemby.
His athleticism is off the charts. Not like anything seen before.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,785

Post#162 » by BoogieTime » Thu May 18, 2023 6:55 am

OxAndFox wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:
Don't worry about Wemby's body. He is built different. Have you ever seen anyone do this?

What does the play have to do with him having a freakish body that might not last?

How does that support your original, can hardly call it original though, point. I get it, you want to go the lazy skinny guy might not last card.

The kid is basically Gumby meets Stretch Armstrong. He isn't like your typical long skinny 7-0+ guy. He's not Chet. The guy moves like a wing. None of the guys you can list (that's what you're basing a body that might not last after all) doing any of your sloppy analysis is like Wemby.

Lets try for some reading comprehension, because I bet you think my post was about Wemby.

I dont care about him as a prospect and haven't viewed much tape, though anyone with eyes and takes a cursory look as it measurements understands his durability if a question mark regardless of how he moves.

What I was saying was, part of the historical heartbreak of following this team is the unjust disparity in power between the western and eastern conferences the last two decades. I was emoting that, particularly after the next heralded prospect will be once again in the overloaded western conference as we attempt to make now in the next few years. So thanks for reassuring of Wemby's dominance
OxAndFox
Analyst

Post#163 » by OxAndFox » Thu May 18, 2023 7:39 am

BoogieTime wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:

Lets try for some reading comprehension, because I bet you think my post was about Wemby.

I dont care about him as a prospect and haven't viewed much tape, though anyone with eyes and takes a cursory look as it measurements understands his durability if a question mark regardless of how he moves.

What I was saying was, part of the historical heartbreak of following this team is the unjust disparity in power between the western and eastern conferences the last two decades. I was emoting that, particularly after the next heralded prospect will be once again in the overloaded western conference as we attempt to make now in the next few years. So thanks for reassuring of Wemby's dominance

My apologies for not reading that correctly. I stand corrected. Thanks.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#164 » by BoogieTime » Wed May 24, 2023 8:02 pm

Jordi Fernandez has now been interviewed by multiple teams for their head coaching vacancies.

Even before this year, Michael Malone, who Jordi previously worked under, thought it was only a matter of time before Fernandez got his own gig

I wonder how much he has helped us improve behind the scenes.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#165 » by City of Trees » Wed May 31, 2023 6:43 pm

I was reading Bobby Marks off-season guide on the Kings and found this nugget

Fox is eligible to extend for an additional two years and $92.6 million. The first year of the extension would start in 2026-27. If Fox is named All-NBA, the guard is not supermax eligible because he is one year short of the service criteria. He could become supermax eligible in the 2024 offseason, but only if he earns All-NBA in 2023-24.

Big year with heavy financial implications upcoming for Fox.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#166 » by BoogieTime » Wed May 31, 2023 7:34 pm

City of Trees wrote:I was reading Bobby Marks off-season guide on the Kings and found this nugget

Fox is eligible to extend for an additional two years and $92.6 million. The first year of the extension would start in 2026-27. If Fox is named All-NBA, the guard is not supermax eligible because he is one year short of the service criteria. He could become supermax eligible in the 2024 offseason, but only if he earns All-NBA in 2023-24.

Thats equally scary for his "detractors."

Fox overall had a good year this year, but the defense and consistency (production across all 4 quarters) still lag with that inconsistent motor. His setting the bar standard for clutch play is what saves his game to borderline all star game and earns his standard max contract. Getting into much more than that...... Monte has some to think about
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#167 » by City of Trees » Thu Jun 1, 2023 6:26 pm

BoogieTime wrote:
City of Trees wrote:I was reading Bobby Marks off-season guide on the Kings and found this nugget

Thats equally scary for his "detractors."

Fox overall had a good year this year, but the defense and consistency (production across all 4 quarters) still lag with that inconsistent motor. His setting the bar standard for clutch play is what saves his game to borderline all star game and earns his standard max contract. Getting into much more than that...... Monte has some to think about

That's fair. Look at Jaylen Brown, Celtics have lots to consider.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#168 » by BoogieTime » Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:43 pm

And yes, not comfortable with Vivek naming his daughter GM of our G league team. More over involvement from my perspective
OxAndFox
Analyst

Post#169 » by OxAndFox » Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:17 pm

BoogieTime wrote:And yes, not comfortable with Vivek naming his daughter GM of our G league team. More over involvement from my perspective

Absolutely not a fan of this. Not good enough. If his daughter wants to be a GM and is good enough then go and prove yourself in another franchise and then come to your fathers team once you have proven yourself.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,616

Post#170 » by LightTheBeam » Wed Jun 21, 2023 11:28 pm

OxAndFox wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:And yes, not comfortable with Vivek naming his daughter GM of our G league team. More over involvement from my perspective

Absolutely not a fan of this. Not good enough. If his daughter wants to be a GM and is good enough then go and prove yourself in another franchise and then come to your fathers team once you have proven yourself.

Get used to it lol. She's gonna run the team one day, let's hope gleague gm is enough to make her realize she's in over her head and not to be hands on once she's the owner.
OxAndFox
Analyst

Post#171 » by OxAndFox » Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:19 am

LightTheBeam wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:

Get used to it lol. She's gonna run the team one day, let's hope gleague gm is enough to make her realize she's in over her head and not to be hands on once she's the owner.

I mean I've heard good things about her, however how can you take them seriously? It might have just been from employees wanting to keep their jobs.
I get the feeling the Ranadive's don't care if they're successful or not when it comes to sports, it's about being front and center and having the spotlight.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#172 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:22 am

OxAndFox wrote:
LightTheBeam wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:

I mean I've heard good things about her, however how can you take them seriously? It might have just been from employees wanting to keep their jobs.
I get the feeling the Ranadive's don't care if they're successful or not when it comes to sports, it's about being front and center and having the spotlight.

Definitely an organization that loves to virtue signal. But I wouldn't read to much into gleague gm. What the hell is the role of that? Monte decides who goes down to the gm and we only have 2 2way guys anyways ?
OxAndFox
Analyst

Post#173 » by OxAndFox » Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:23 am

LightTheBeam wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:
LightTheBeam wrote:

Definitely an organization that loves to virtue signal. But I wouldn't read to much into gleague gm. What the hell is the role of that? Monte decides who goes down to the gm and we only have 2 2way guys anyways ?

Yeah I'm guessing it's more on the lines of day to day operations. Maybe the G League FO make decisions about the back end of the roster, or just the G League draft (is that still a thing).
OxAndFox
Analyst

Post#174 » by OxAndFox » Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:27 am

Just an interesting tidbit. Not suggesting this is wrong, right or in between.
Over the last 6 drafts the Kings have:
Keegan Murray
Davion Mitchell
As their own first round picks. If we work on Atlanta getting next seasons pick, and without adding any it would mean 7 seasons of drafts and the Kings have Keegan and Davion.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#175 » by City of Trees » Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:36 am

Yea Vlade turned out to be a terrible GM
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#176 » by BoogieTime » Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:08 pm

Im glad it was cleared up that we didn't offer Hali for Simmons. McNair still batting pretty good
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#177 » by LightTheBeam » Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:13 pm

Was thinking about this earlier. Star movement via free agency seems nearly dead. All these guys (even when rumored unhappy) are resigning for max deals.

While it's always been a thing, the new normal is stars requesting trades, and free agency used for the B-C tier players.

Does this change anything for teams like Sac? It seems like a lot of the typical destinations have already traded many future 1sts and lack flexibility. You already see when something like Lillard to Miami comes up, Portland is reluctant because Miami doesn't have all their picks.
OxAndFox
Analyst

Post#178 » by OxAndFox » Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:57 pm

LightTheBeam wrote:Was thinking about this earlier. Star movement via free agency seems nearly dead. All these guys (even when rumored unhappy) are resigning for max deals.

While it's always been a thing, the new normal is stars requesting trades, and free agency used for the B-C tier players.

Does this change anything for teams like Sac? It seems like a lot of the typical destinations have already traded many future 1sts and lack flexibility. You already see when something like Lillard to Miami comes up, Portland is reluctant because Miami doesn't have all their picks.

Was saying this about the picks a while back. It's great for the teams that have traded the future away for a couple of seasons, but they do take themselves out of the next big thing. What sucks for the Kings is OKC and NOP being in the West and having most of the picks.
Lost in LA
Pro Prospect
And1: 160

Post#179 » by Lost in LA » Sat Jul 29, 2023 3:22 pm

Based on the new rankings, the Kings are ranked bottom of the Division they just won. Best to be underrated than the other way around. :wink:
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#180 » by LightTheBeam » Mon Jul 31, 2023 4:36 pm

Lost in LA wrote:Based on the new rankings, the Kings are ranked bottom of the Division they just won. Best to be underrated than the other way around. :wink:

To be fair, when everyone is healthy they probably aren't wrong lol. All 5 of the Pacific division teams are ranked in the top 12 according to ESPN. It's crazy how loaded this division is.

Good thing this isn't baseball/football and division don't really matter. Going to be another season of the entire Pacific making the playoffs.

Return to Sacramento Kings