NBA Draft Thread 2023

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,004

Re: NBA Draft Thread 2023 

Post#101 » by OGSactownballer » Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:54 am

I’m happy with what was done tonight.

And remember I said Nnaji would go end of first or beginning of second. Had a feeling about that.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,545

Post#102 » by codydaze » Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:56 am

City of Trees wrote:Yea Kings drafted Slawson. He definitely has the traits/skills to match the Kings system. Might be a guy they can develop.

He's like 24 years old too, definitely a Monte pick lol.
OxAndFox
Analyst
And1: 2,169

Post#103 » by OxAndFox » Fri Jun 23, 2023 5:03 am

Ok. Two guys that are decent defensively and have versatile offensive games.
Slewson would have gone undrafted and then signed him IMO. Not saying it's not the right pick, but Monte could have drafted Trayce Jackson-Davis and signed Slewson.

On early looks of Slewson though, I really like the pick, good athlete 6'6" WO shoes and an almost 7'0" wingspan.
Defender mainly and enough of an offensive game.
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,248

Post#104 » by blind prophet » Fri Jun 23, 2023 5:35 am

OGSactownballer wrote:I’m happy with what was done tonight.

And remember I said Nnaji would go end of first or beginning of second. Had a feeling about that.

I have no idea about how the guys in the second round will turn out, but I will say seeing them move a second to move up in the draft makes me feel better about things than cash considerations.
FarBeyondDriven
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,037

Post#105 » by FarBeyondDriven » Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:49 am

City of Trees wrote:
codydaze wrote:I actually like Colby Jones at that pick. He was mocked in the first round for a lot of people. Good playmaker and defender with good size.
I know I'm not hating. I'm still sour Miami took Jaquez Jr. The fact Monte moved up for Colby tells me he probably likes Jaquez Jr.

Jaquez was a pretty bad reach for the Heat there. He'd have been a good pick for us though. I'm very happy with Colby Jones. He's a cross between Duarte and Lonzo. Very smart, good passer and he's always moving and active. He'll play a lot and is insurance if we lose guys. Slawson is just meh to me. Soon to be 24. It's late in the draft so whatever but you had TJD sitting right there! At a position of need too. If we had gotten him instead this would have been a home run draft. Oh well.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,616

Post#106 » by LightTheBeam » Fri Jun 23, 2023 5:36 pm

Start with saying I knew nothing about Colby Jones prior to last night. Having said that, it seems like the scouting on him is good passer, good shooting last season, great coming off screens, above average defender, ability to catch and shoot, incredible finishing around the rim, moves without the ball, NBA ready, and rebounds well for his size.

His minuses are creating his own shot, and maybe a fluky shot as his ft % wasn't where you'd want it to be.

It sounds honestly like the perfect fit for Sac. Almost seems like a defensive version of Kevin Huerter which would be amazing. Lots of what I read basically thinks that he has a really high floor, and will be better than many of the guys selected before him, but doesn't have a huge ceiling.

Always skeptical about 2nd round picks and expecting anything out of them, but with teams prioritizing potential over current ability, this one could really work out as a solid long term role player. Happy with the pick
ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM
And1: 3,851

Post#107 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:54 pm

I was so hoping that you guys would draft Kris Murray if we couldn’t. That would have been fun watching him and Keegan play.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-John 3:16

Go Magic, Go Dwight, Go Vuc, Go Paolo, Go Keegan :)
blind prophet
RealGM

Post#108 » by blind prophet » Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:09 pm

If you are a die hard & love anything Kings here is the presser with our new picks & Monte.

Not anything thrilling.

OxAndFox
Analyst
And1: 2,169

Post#109 » by OxAndFox » Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:11 pm

blind prophet wrote:If you are a die hard & love anything Kings here is the presser with our new picks & Monte.

Not anything thrilling.

Slawson going with the same number as he had years in College I see. :lol:

Excited to see both of these young men in the SL. On that, don't see Keon Ellis on the SL roster as yet. Surely the Kings are bringing him back on a 2 way.
blind prophet
RealGM

Post#110 » by blind prophet » Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:47 am

OxAndFox wrote:
blind prophet wrote:If you are a die hard & love anything Kings here is the presser with our new picks & Monte.

Not anything thrilling.

Slawson going with the same number as he had years in College I see. :lol:

Excited to see both of these young men in the SL. On that, don't see Keon Ellis on the SL roster as yet. Surely the Kings are bringing him back on a 2 way.

The rookies mentioned they met Kessler, so he is around here somewhere. Maybe he plays in SL or Cal Classic.

Return to Sacramento Kings