ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 61 Thread - Kings (35-25) @ Thunder (28-32)

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,546

Game 61 Thread - Kings (35-25) @ Thunder (28-32) 

Post#1 » by codydaze » Wed Mar 1, 2023 1:18 am

Let's keep the post-ASB streak going! No Fox tonight but need the guys to step up and get us a win.

Would really like to see a blowout, wire-to-wire win.
Lost in LA
Pro Prospect
And1: 162

Re: Game 61 Thread - Kings (35-25) @ Thunder (28-32) 

Post#2 » by Lost in LA » Wed Mar 1, 2023 1:37 am

Fox not available?
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#3 » by codydaze » Wed Mar 1, 2023 1:52 am

Lost in LA wrote:Fox not available?

He's out with wrist soreness.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,788

Post#4 » by BoogieTime » Wed Mar 1, 2023 2:15 am

Davion actually playing solidly offensively for the first time all year
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#5 » by BoogieTime » Wed Mar 1, 2023 2:56 am

bench been bad tonight, lyles has been a mess in particular. hope this is still a lead by the time the starter get back in this 4th
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#6 » by BoogieTime » Wed Mar 1, 2023 2:58 am

nope, starters back in with 11 minutes in the 4th as they give the lead completely up
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,628

Post#7 » by LightTheBeam » Wed Mar 1, 2023 3:00 am

Mike's weak link is playing delly when fox misses time. I'm shocked he can't see how much he hurts the team. Get him tf out of the game!
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#8 » by LightTheBeam » Wed Mar 1, 2023 3:28 am

4-0 out of the ASB! I expected 2-2! That's huge!!

Kings coming up big so far. Hopefully fox is back for the rematch!
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#9 » by BoogieTime » Wed Mar 1, 2023 3:40 am

nice bounce back from huerter/barnes.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#10 » by BoogieTime » Wed Mar 1, 2023 3:46 am

keegan rebounding too.

we have some serious volatility among SG. "If you have three SGs, do you have one?" Who would you even keep if you could keep someone long term if you had to pick one. Obviously huerter for me and no to Davis, but point remains
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#11 » by codydaze » Wed Mar 1, 2023 3:49 am

Good win for us, I cannot believe we are 11 games over .500 at this point in the season. If we can beat the Clippers again on Friday then that 3 seed is ours to lose. We've had troubles coming back from a road trip and winning at home that first game so hopefully Fox with some extended rest can go all out and will us to a win.
OxAndFox
Analyst
And1: 2,178

Post#12 » by OxAndFox » Wed Mar 1, 2023 5:56 am

LightTheBeam wrote:Mike's weak link is playing delly when fox misses time. I'm shocked he can't see how much he hurts the team. Get him tf out of the game!

Delly is your Fox to Boogietime :lol:
The only difference is Delly plays barely ever so your complaining about him 100% of the time is more than Boogie :o

I'm joking, but really, Delly got the ball twice and had to shoot when it absolutely should never have come to him. Situations matter. He's decent enough for that role and was decent enough in this game, not over a long period of time, but for 1 game, no worries. Took a good charge, and plays decent enough D. He is NOT a shooter/scorer. OKC didn't even stay off him and make him shoot, Sacramento made him shoot. Not saying there weren't a couple of mistakes, but WTF blaming Delly and not everyone else in this one? Literally, the bench doesn't know how to play at a slower pace. Barnes should play with Delly every time, just to have that calming vet in there.
I mean Holmes was -10 in 1.52 (he should have played earlier IMO). Metu was HORRIBLE again. TD...enough said. The last two have fairly set roles and sucked, yet a guy that barely ever plays is what you notice(ed)?

The Kings need to start solidifying these roles for guys like Davion/TD/Metu/Lyles for the PO run because the rotations is going to get reduced, not expanded to guys like Delly. And if Fox is out for a PO run, the Kings aren't doing anything so it's going to be hard to pin it on the 14th man.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#13 » by LightTheBeam » Wed Mar 1, 2023 9:23 am

OxAndFox wrote:
LightTheBeam wrote:Mike's weak link is playing delly when fox misses time. I'm shocked he can't see how much he hurts the team. Get him tf out of the game!

Delly is your Fox to Boogietime :lol:
The only difference is Delly plays barely ever so your complaining about him 100% of the time is more than Boogie :o

I'm joking, but really, Delly got the ball twice and had to shoot when it absolutely should never have come to him. Situations matter. He's decent enough for that role and was decent enough in this game, not over a long period of time, but for 1 game, no worries. Took a good charge, and plays decent enough D. He is NOT a shooter/scorer. OKC didn't even stay off him and make him shoot, Sacramento made him shoot. Not saying there weren't a couple of mistakes, but WTF blaming Delly and not everyone else in this one? Literally, the bench doesn't know how to play at a slower pace. Barnes should play with Delly every time, just to have that calming vet in there.
I mean Holmes was -10 in 1.52 (he should have played earlier IMO). Metu was HORRIBLE again. TD...enough said. The last two have fairly set roles and sucked, yet a guy that barely ever plays is what you notice(ed)?

The Kings need to start solidifying these roles for guys like Davion/TD/Metu/Lyles for the PO run because the rotations is going to get reduced, not expanded to guys like Delly. And if Fox is out for a PO run, the Kings aren't doing anything so it's going to be hard to pin it on the 14th man.

Weird I mean definitely more to be happy about tonight than upset. Was by far the best the starters have looked in a game without Fox all season. Good performances by the other 5, and nice shooting by Davion.

I feel I've been a lot more critical of davion, probably mentioned delly 5x all season. Which is to say he's not an nba level player. Asking the entire bench to slow down because delly seems like a strange ask to me. Why not just don't play him? If you want to go 10 deep give the minutes to Dozier or edwards. Decent defense? Maybe we watched two completely different games, he was burning us on offense, and then getting torched on defense. He's just not there anymore. It felt like him being in the game mucked everything up for the entire bench sadly.

Either way, writing that is spending entirely too much time discussing him lol.

I don't get Mike's tells with Davis, he played 4 mins in the 1st half. He shot 1 shot and then was benched for Barnes. The 2nd half he missed 4 openish 3s, you could tell he was forcing again because without davion/fox/sabonis in the game the offense was totally stagnant.

Metu we've known as the weak link all season. Mr inconsistent. But he was 2-4, 4rbs, 1 steal, 2 assists and an offensive rebound put back. No idea why Mike went to Holmes instead and clearly in those 2 mins it was enough to pull the plug on that decision lol.

Bench is going to be up and down, thats the nature of the bench. Monk/davis/lyles are streaky shooters. Metu sometimes makes stupid decisions. Mitchell often times doesn't know his role in the offense. They've done a great job since the ASB, so it was nice for the starters to carry this one tonight.

I think you are confusing point out that delly clearly isn't an nba level player with "pinning it on him". It's a bad characteristic of Mike to put him in the game. It clearly goes back to familiarity and trust from days in Cleveland rather than current ability. If delly even has the opportunity for mins in the playoffs then we have bigger problems, but I'm not talking playoffs yet. Gotta get there first and every game matters.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#14 » by City of Trees » Thu Mar 2, 2023 2:10 am

Huerter was just shy of a 20/10/5 line. His three pt shot is missing in action but I'm glad to see he hasn't stopped playing. Hopefully he can find his shot soon. The team will need it.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#15 » by City of Trees » Thu Mar 2, 2023 2:22 am

BoogieTime wrote:keegan rebounding too.

we have some serious volatility among SG. "If you have three SGs, do you have one?" Who would you even keep if you could keep someone long term if you had to pick one. Obviously huerter for me and no to Davis, but point remains

Huerter is upgradeable.

I like what Monk brings off the bench. His playmaking for an off ball guard is top tier, especially for a bench guy/sixth man. I can't imagine the Kings finding a better bench SG

Davis most likely leaves in FA looking for a bigger role or paycheck.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#16 » by BoogieTime » Thu Mar 2, 2023 3:31 am

I wanted to say this last night, but didn't want to poo on the parade, that the okc team minus shai is thoroughly non impressive, hence their loss tonight at home to a lebron/davis -less Lakers.

Chet better be the real deal, otherwise that build doesn't put much fear into me. I was a Giddey fan, and he was still the right pick if he slipped, but I don't fear a franchise-pg type ceiling, though he will be a solid player to whatever degree. Williams is just a funny looking player on/off the court and Dort is limited

Return to Sacramento Kings