BREAKING: THE DROUGHT IS OVER

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,545

BREAKING: THE DROUGHT IS OVER 

Post#1 » by codydaze » Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:17 am

Time to celebrate, we are playoff bound!!!!!
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Re: BREAKING: THE DROUGHT IS OVER 

Post#2 » by codydaze » Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:19 am

I might have to declare bankruptcy after buying tickets for Game 1 but some things are more important than money. There's no way I will miss being there in person.

If anyone else gets to the game we'll all have to grab a beer.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,784

Post#3 » by BoogieTime » Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:05 am

I'm debating going, but if they were near 200 just for the timberwolves possibly clinching game, than at best they might be 350 upwards? Thats contributing to my next plane ride/tourist spot for a game (though maybe game 1 will have more meaning and ill just go to that). Maybe they will have a playoff package for the series that I find reasonable
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,448

Post#4 » by KF10 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:11 am

Light the Beam! Whooo!!

Waited 17 years for this moment!

G1C gonna be crazy when the playoffs begin.

I wonder when PO tickets become available?
jeffjtk1234
Starter
And1: 401

Post#5 » by jeffjtk1234 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:47 pm

Thank god! What a great season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,936

Post#6 » by emunney » Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:22 pm

Bucks fan here. Hell yeah. Happy for you guys.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#7 » by BoogieTime » Wed Apr 5, 2023 4:43 am

Playoff wise, please no Lakers healthy.....

That team with its depth post deadline and LeBron on cylinders I would favor against us, no doubt. Obviously no Phoenix, but their up some games on 6.

I'm certainly cool with Pelicans or a George-less Clippers, less so with the Warriors but still feel we could edge them. We probably won't be favored in Vegas with these series sans Pelicans?

It will be interesting because these teams will be acting on reports of teams wanting to face us instead of the grizzlies and suns, how these teams utilize their final games
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#8 » by BoogieTime » Thu Apr 6, 2023 4:30 am

id hope we rest against the warriors, so we dont see the lakers, but of course this team wont be doing that
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#9 » by BoogieTime » Fri Apr 7, 2023 10:53 pm

Everyone needs to be watching

5.Clippers (42-38)
6.Warrior (42-38)
7.Lakers (41-39)
8.Pelicans - (41-39)

We need the Pelicans or a George-less Clippers. Warriors will be a tough draw, and you don't want the Lakers.

Suns resting tonight to allow the Lakers to probably win, unfortunately
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#10 » by BoogieTime » Sat Apr 8, 2023 12:17 am

BoogieTime wrote:id hope we rest against the warriors, so we dont see the lakers, but of course this team wont be doing that

I hear we listing everyone questionable. So maybe someone heard me. If Warriors win, we won't see the Lakers since the Lakers have the tie breaker with GS.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#11 » by BoogieTime » Sat Apr 8, 2023 1:43 am

Read on Twitter
?

Its protocol as the Grizzlies look like they will win and we won't have a shot at the 2 anyways, but I think its deeper, im glad we have an organization smart enough to realize we dont want the lakers
OxAndFox
Analyst
And1: 2,169

Post#12 » by OxAndFox » Sat Apr 8, 2023 6:53 am

BoogieTime wrote:
Read on Twitter
?

Its protocol as the Grizzlies look like they will win and we won't have a shot at the 2 anyways, but I think its deeper, im glad we have an organization smart enough to realize we dont want the lakers

They don't care who they play. Honestly, you're just making things up.
Why wouldn't they want the Lakers instead of the Warriors?
The warriors are going to be a tougher match up by a long, LONG way. And to be honest, I want the Warriors. Go up against the Warriors in round 1 and if you win, you take an absurd amount of confidence into the next round. Lose and you just got a lesson from the best franchise of the last decade and everyone will be saying, well they got beaten by a good team. Warri

The Lakers, meh. LeBron is LeBron, not going to be easy with him on the court, it never is, but the depth of this squad means they would be lucky to win a couple of games. If it's officiated even close that is.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#13 » by BoogieTime » Sat Apr 8, 2023 7:06 am

OxAndFox wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
Read on Twitter
?

The warriors are going to be a tougher match up by a long, LONG way. And to be honest, I want the Warriors. Go up against the Warriors in round 1 and if you win, you take an absurd amount of confidence into the next round. Lose and you just got a lesson from the best franchise of the last decade and everyone will be saying, well they got beaten by a good team. Warri

The Lakers, meh. LeBron is LeBron, not going to be easy with him on the court, it never is, but the depth of this squad means they would be lucky to win a couple of games. If it's officiated even close that is.

what do you mean making things up? you think im saying anything official or my opinion?

The move was made before the team was out of the running for the second seed, so it probably was deliberate

and no, the any team would rather face the warriors than the lakers at this stage. The Warriors have been pitiful on the road and we are going to have an awesome home court. and the lakers with lebron and AD healthy and their new supporting cast is a much tougher foe. we can start a poll about this if you want in the general board
OxAndFox
Analyst

Post#14 » by OxAndFox » Sat Apr 8, 2023 7:14 am

BoogieTime wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
Read on Twitter
?

wth do you mean making things up? you think im saying anything official or my opinion?

The move was made before the team was out of the running for the second seed, so it probably was deliberate

and no, the any team would rather face the warriors than the lakers at this stage. The Warriors have been pitiful on the road and we are going to have an awesome home court. and the lakers with lebron and AD healthy and their new supporting cast is a much tougher foe. we can start a poll about this if you want in the general board

You literally said, an organization smart enough.... that insinuates it was their decision to NOT want to play the Lakers.
Which means you literally made this up. The Kings didn't release a statement saying they don't want to play the Lakers. Maybe, just maybe, the Kings are doing what they have ALL season long and not worrying about the opposition, but thinking about themselves? Domas and Fox need rest. That's clear. Huerter has just logged good minutes after injury so a rest would be great too, and Malik looks better when he is rested and has been injured recently too. That is in the best interest of the Kings' long term this PO run.
The Warriors' away record doesn't matter in the POs. And the Kings' home record isn't the best.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#15 » by BoogieTime » Sat Apr 8, 2023 7:18 am

OxAndFox wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:

wth do you mean making things up? you think im saying anything official or my opinion?

You literally said, an organization smart enough.... that insinuates it was their decision to NOT want to play the Lakers.
Which means you literally made this up. The Kings didn't release a statement saying they don't want to play the Lakers. Maybe, just maybe, the Kings are doing what they have ALL season long and not worrying about the opposition, but thinking about themselves? Domas and Fox need rest. That's clear. Huerter has just logged good minutes after injury so a rest would be great too, and Malik looks better when he is rested and has been injured recently too. That is in the best interest of the Kings' long term this PO run.
The Warriors' away record doesn't matter in the POs. And the Kings' home record isn't the best.

Ok, so they played 80 games, but would stop playing two more with 2nd seed on the line because they need the rest (and the Grizzlies ostensibly playing two tough games)? Homecourt in the second round isn't chicken feed. Teams that are resting usually have a lot less at stake for that. That would send the wrong message IMO. IMO it was done with purpose.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,639

Post#16 » by SunsRback4Good » Sat Apr 8, 2023 10:47 am

Congrats on breaking a 17 year playoff drought. I still vividly remember those playoff games with Bibby, Webber, Peja, Divac those were the good old days.
OxAndFox
Analyst

Post#17 » by OxAndFox » Sat Apr 8, 2023 10:45 pm

BoogieTime wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:

Ok, so they played 80 games, but would stop playing two more with 2nd seed on the line because they need the rest (and the Grizzlies ostensibly playing two tough games)? Homecourt in the second round isn't chicken feed. Teams that are resting usually have a lot less at stake for that. That would send the wrong message IMO. IMO it was done with purpose.

So they made a calculated decision that, with 2nd seed absolutely NOT on the line, but still possible, they would have to go into at least one of the last two games minimum with PO like intensity (higher risk of injury) and they made the decision that it would be best for the 1st round of the POs, regardless of who they play, because let's be honest it was still up in the air between LAL, GS, LAC.
IMO they are doing what good organizations do and preparing the best they can for the most important games of the year, which will prove fruitful down the stretch of a series. And perhaps they don't view 3rd better than 2nd in some way? Being 3rd you get longer to scout your match up becuase you know straight away, whereas 2nd needs to wait for the play-in. This squad needs a lot of scouting because the defense sucks in the biggest way because they're too scared to put a body on.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#18 » by codydaze » Sat Apr 8, 2023 11:02 pm

Well my tickets for Game 1 are secured. Prices were high but not as bad as I thought they might be. I got some in the presale access so got lucky, the resale prices for similar seats are already going over double what I paid.

If you're in the building come say what's up!
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,903

Post#19 » by cdubbz » Sun Apr 9, 2023 12:51 am

What a time to be alive! Warrior fan here, but I’m old enough to remember the Mitch Richmond Kings to the Webber era & the bench mob.

The Kings 1-7 were really good in the early 2000s. A timeless team that would do well in any era.

CONGRATULATIONS SACRAMENTO!
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#20 » by BoogieTime » Sun Apr 9, 2023 2:40 am

Tomorrow is seeding day. Pelicans and Clippers, yes. Lakers and Warriors, no.

Return to Sacramento Kings