BREAKING: THE DROUGHT IS OVER

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,785

Re: BREAKING: THE DROUGHT IS OVER 

Post#21 » by BoogieTime » Sun Apr 9, 2023 5:52 am

Read on Twitter

I would think this would further support my theory, if Domas/Fox are available tomorrow, that yesterday was intentional, and I would think it would be dumb for them to play. I guess the argument that they will be playing at lower intensity is still out there, but IMO doesn't override the other circumstances, if they play. Maybe they are dressing and only playing extremely sparse?
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#22 » by BoogieTime » Sun Apr 9, 2023 9:27 pm

clippers throwing the game! looking like wont get the warriors or lakers! celebration

edit - the pinheads are now trying to win ugh.... with their full team and starters... stupid team
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#23 » by BoogieTime » Sun Apr 9, 2023 9:59 pm

I hope the dumb clippers get swept by the suns...

Great, we get a nip and tuck series with the warriors that oddsmakers will favor GS, with hiked playoff prices because of the warriors local fanbase
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,830

Post#24 » by floppymoose » Sun Apr 9, 2023 10:37 pm

congrats to Kings on making the playoffs with home court. Fitting that first time SAC and GSW both make playoffs, they face each other for a NorCal round 1.
OxAndFox
Analyst
And1: 2,169

Post#25 » by OxAndFox » Sun Apr 9, 2023 11:27 pm

floppymoose wrote:congrats to Kings on making the playoffs with home court. Fitting that first time SAC and GSW both make playoffs, they face each other for a NorCal round 1.

Bring it on. :D

This is the match-up that I personally wanted. I believe the Warriors are the toughest team in the West followed by the Suns.
Love watching the Warriors and win or lose this is HUGE for the Kings moving forward.
The intensity/physicality that the Warriors play with on the defensive end is going to show the Kings where they need to get to.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#26 » by BoogieTime » Sat May 13, 2023 4:21 am

BoogieTime wrote:Playoff wise, please no Lakers healthy.....

That team with its depth post deadline and LeBron on cylinders I would favor against us, no doubt. Obviously no Phoenix, but their up some games on 6.

I'm certainly cool with Pelicans or a George-less Clippers, less so with the Warriors but still feel we could edge them. We probably won't be favored in Vegas with these series sans Pelicans?

It will be interesting because these teams will be acting on reports of teams wanting to face us instead of the grizzlies and suns, how these teams utilize their final games

Not only was I right, that the Lakers were the team you did NOT want to face in our position (and I even slightly favor them against Denver) , and I'm convinced our FO felt the same way at least partially motivated by the resting of our starting unit with 2 games left when the Grizzlies were still only 2 games up, but the way they are handling the Warriors when GS had home court might make our 7 game struggle with them not as respectable, but still a solid showing. Yes we were still going to have a good shot at playing the clippers had they had a brain and not played their starters that last game, but letting GS win that game sufficiently pushed the Lakers down.
OxAndFox
Analyst
And1: 2,169

Post#27 » by OxAndFox » Sat May 13, 2023 8:38 am

BoogieTime wrote:

That team with its depth post deadline and LeBron on cylinders I would favor against us, no doubt. Obviously no Phoenix, but their up some games on 6.

I'm certainly cool with Pelicans or a George-less Clippers, less so with the Warriors but still feel we could edge them. We probably won't be favored in Vegas with these series sans Pelicans?

It will be interesting because these teams will be acting on reports of teams wanting to face us instead of the grizzlies and suns, how these teams utilize their final games

Not only was I right, that the Lakers were the team you did NOT want to face in our position (and I even slightly favor them against Denver) , and I'm convinced our FO felt the same way at least partially motivated by the resting of our starting unit with 2 games left when the Grizzlies were still only 2 games up, but the way they are handling the Warriors when GS had home court might make our 7 game struggle with them not as respectable, but still a solid showing. Yes we were still going to have a good shot at playing the clippers had they had a brain and not played their starters that last game, but letting GS win that game sufficiently pushed the Lakers down.

Oh dear,
Not only are the Lakers a better match up for the Kings than the Warriors, the Kings drained the hell out of the defending champs, and a genuinely great team, but the Lakers would have been in deep trouble with the Kings.
In fact, the Kings would have wanted the Lakers because they in fact match up quite well.
Your whole storyline is just BS. Come on. If they wanted to "duck" someone, it WAS Steph. You obviously think Mike wanted Steph. HAHA

Match ups:
Fox v Russell - Wouldn't be a direct match up - Kings favor, No One stops Fox on the Lakers. Not one player can. Wiggins gave it his all and is now cooked. Russell also allows Fox more energy rather than running after Steph quarters 1 & 4.
Huerter v Reaves - Again not a direct match up, but Fox shuts down Reaves' penetration and is around 10% of defending Steph. And Russell can't defend Huerter v Klay.
Keegan v Vando/Schroeder - Again, not a direct match up, but again, advantage Kings. LeBron plays on Keegan and that leaves Keegan open as hell. As he showed, he is a player in POs.
Barnes v LeBron - Lakers win big obviously. However, Barnes would have done a similar job on LeBron than a worn out Wiggins did. Barnes posts up whoever the defensive match up is which it isn't LeBron as he plays on Keegan to conserve energy.
Sabonis v AD - The latter isn't Looney. And Looney played almost HALF the minutes he did against he Lakers as he did against Kings. That wasn't situational, it was due to Looney being sick and I suspect, given he has NEVER played 30mpg in regular season or POs it was due to his efforts in the opening round. Sabonis is too strong for AD generally, he would fold him on his drives easily. AD gets his on the offensive end and blocks Sabonis more than what he would on average. Hes a great player, but Sabonis would love to go up against a 2 way guy rather than a player that just gets to concentrate on getting a board and standing up straight. Would wear him out like he did GS.

Bench? Not even close really
Lyles v Rui - Excellent match up. Rui wins offensively and it's even defensively.
Monk v Vando/Schroeder - Pretty easy Kings
Davion v Walker - Pretty easy Kings

Even if you give LeBron (obvious) and AD the win in match ups. Who is winning the other match ups for the Lakers?
Maybe that's enough, but I believe Fox's 27ppg balloons in this match up to over 30ppg. Absolutely no player slowing him down like Wiggins was able to somewhat.
Their D is good until they come up against a mid range shooter. Fox IS that guy.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#28 » by BoogieTime » Sat May 13, 2023 7:29 pm

OxAndFox wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:

Oh dear,
Not only are the Lakers a better match up for the Kings than the Warriors, the Kings drained the hell out of the defending champs, and a genuinely great team, but the Lakers would have been in deep trouble with the Kings.
In fact, the Kings would have wanted the Lakers because they in fact match up quite well.
Your whole storyline is just BS. Come on. If they wanted to "duck" someone, it WAS Steph. You obviously think Mike wanted Steph. HAHA

Match ups:
Fox v Russell - Wouldn't be a direct match up - Kings favor, No One stops Fox on the Lakers. Not one player can. Wiggins gave it his all and is now cooked. Russell also allows Fox more energy rather than running after Steph quarters 1 & 4.
Huerter v Reaves - Again not a direct match up, but Fox shuts down Reaves' penetration and is around 10% of defending Steph. And Russell can't defend Huerter v Klay.
Keegan v Vando/Schroeder - Again, not a direct match up, but again, advantage Kings. LeBron plays on Keegan and that leaves Keegan open as hell. As he showed, he is a player in POs.
Barnes v LeBron - Lakers win big obviously. However, Barnes would have done a similar job on LeBron than a worn out Wiggins did. Barnes posts up whoever the defensive match up is which it isn't LeBron as he plays on Keegan to conserve energy.
Sabonis v AD - The latter isn't Looney. And Looney played almost HALF the minutes he did against he Lakers as he did against Kings. That wasn't situational, it was due to Looney being sick and I suspect, given he has NEVER played 30mpg in regular season or POs it was due to his efforts in the opening round. Sabonis is too strong for AD generally, he would fold him on his drives easily. AD gets his on the offensive end and blocks Sabonis more than what he would on average. Hes a great player, but Sabonis would love to go up against a 2 way guy rather than a player that just gets to concentrate on getting a board and standing up straight. Would wear him out like he did GS.

Bench? Not even close really
Lyles v Rui - Excellent match up. Rui wins offensively and it's even defensively.
Monk v Vando/Schroeder - Pretty easy Kings
Davion v Walker - Pretty easy Kings

Even if you give LeBron (obvious) and AD the win in match ups. Who is winning the other match ups for the Lakers?
Maybe that's enough, but I believe Fox's 27ppg balloons in this match up to over 30ppg. Absolutely no player slowing him down like Wiggins was able to somewhat.
Their D is good until they come up against a mid range shooter. Fox IS that guy.

Uh, is there any doubt that the Warriors as a team are solidly inferior to the revamped Lakers?

So now you have to try to push the subjective "matchup stuff." We might have beaten the Warriors had Fox not been injured, and clown Huerter and Barnes not going in their pants. How is that for a matchup?

Then the Kings resting their starters with 2 games left when they were down 2 games to the Grizzlies who were playing away at Milwaukee/Oklahoma City, two possible losing games. And playing their starters in the finale, as if any of that would make sense.

And what was the end result of allowing Golden State to win the game? Playing GS likely, but also really in bounds to play Clippers and New Orleans (not just about wanting GS, but not wanting the lakers)? But it pushed the Lakers, the team I said the team should not want, likely out of our view.
Lost in LA
Pro Prospect
And1: 160

Post#29 » by Lost in LA » Sun May 21, 2023 3:30 am

I believe we would give Denver more trouble than the Lakers are in this series

Return to Sacramento Kings