Playoffs R1 Discussion Thread - Kings vs Warriors

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,545

Re: Playoffs R1 Discussion Thread - Kings vs Warriors 

Post#201 » by codydaze » Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:31 am

codydaze wrote:When Monk is bad he isn't able to turn it back on. Just gotta bench him and let Davion finish this game.

I stand corrected.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#202 » by City of Trees » Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:37 am

codydaze wrote:
codydaze wrote:When Monk is bad he isn't able to turn it back on. Just gotta bench him and let Davion finish this game.

I stand corrected.
Lol
Lost in LA
Pro Prospect
And1: 160

Post#203 » by Lost in LA » Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:43 am

Brave try, Fox cannot beat the entire GSW team alone. Huerter and Barnes really poor.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#204 » by City of Trees » Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:48 am

Huerter 's minutes last 5 games (including tonight)

31, 30, 29, 20, 16

We call this a trend.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#205 » by City of Trees » Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:51 am

My take away is Fox is a dog. Davion is a dog but limited offensively, a la Marcus Smart. Murray has yet to become his true self but by all accounts he looks to be a player. Sabonis is either playing his worst possible match up or he's not a playoff performer. When Monk gets going he lifts the entire team. Barnes has a history of poor playoff performances and hasn't done anything in this series to say otherwise. Huerter is shooting 14% from 3 in 5 games. His play is so bad we might not get a chance to see game 7 K'von.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,785

Post#206 » by BoogieTime » Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:52 am

City of Trees wrote:Huerter 's minutes last 5 games (including tonight)

31, 30, 29, 20, 16

We call this a trend.

It’s not precipitous enough.

I know Brown doesn’t want to mess with the lineups, but we need a shake up
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#207 » by City of Trees » Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:56 am

I don't remember Huerter in the 2nd half lol
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,616

Post#208 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:08 am

Keegan 4/5 in the 1st quarter, doesn't see a shot the rest of the game. Why did we stop having him curl around screens or cut to the paint? We just posted him up in a corner and ignored him. Makes no sense.

I'd like to think the matchup is bad for sabonis, but I just don't think the guys built for the playoffs. Teams game plan so much better and he's been getting exposed and ate alive by Looney on the boards.

Monk did all he could, but with fox hurt it just was impossible for us to make it happen.

Likely warriors in 6, but we can pray for a chance at a game 7
jeffjtk1234
Starter
And1: 401

Post#209 » by jeffjtk1234 » Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:18 am

Fade us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,448

Post#210 » by KF10 » Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:38 am

Huerter had 9 points and was getting burned by Poole and Klay routinely. Dude has been pretty bad on both ends.

He needs to be benched for either Mitchell or Monk.

Barnes has been pretty weak too.

Barnes had a stretch where he was aggressive and had success. So that was encouraging to see. Need to see more.

The injury slowed down Fox as the game progressed. Dude looked great in the first quarter.

Keegan was very good in the first quarter but was MIA in the next 3 quarters. Not sure if it was Keegan’s fault or his teammates fault. He needs to get more shots. He has size to shoot over Klay or whoever guards him.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#211 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:54 am

Also all season I've been against resigning Barnes (unless it's to a bench role).

We are seeing why this series. He disappears way too much and the kings need a defender at that spot.
Lost in LA
Pro Prospect
And1: 160

Post#212 » by Lost in LA » Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:39 pm

Brown has seen the ceiling for a few players. The added preparation time, and good coaching and top level talent at the Warriors was too much. A brave effort and the task now is to improve the Starting 5 for the next play off run.
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,004

Post#213 » by OGSactownballer » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:20 pm

I have loved Mike Brown and what he has done with this team.

Until now.

We are seeing what got him canned in Cleveland. The need to wed himself to his rotation and guys. Steve Kerr lost the first two games and made a change when Draymond was suspended and it worked to expose our defensive deficit in Browns favorite guys. So he stuck with it in the next two games and brought Draymond off the bench where he was able to wear down Sabonis both physically and emotionally. He also killed the normal energy that we bring off the bench and the difference between GM’s 1 & 2 and 3/4/5 was glaring there.

I understand that Fox’s injury is a factor no matter what. But there is a lot more than that happening here and it is the same stuff all three games.

Not even TRYING anyone else but putting the same guys who can’t get it going or are in their own heads here. You have another five guys on the roster. USE THEM.

Idk. I’m frustrated because I feel like there are other things that could be done to make the DUBS have to adjust instead of us.
Allowing Looney to look like a star by continually taking threes and missing and having the rebound pop out to midrange. That’s half the battle right there.

Not utilizing the size advantage and instead trying to run with the Dubs three guard lineup.

Allowing the Dubs to steal position on rebounds and win the boards battle by gang rebounding and letting Looney have free run.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,545

Post#214 » by codydaze » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:43 pm

OGSactownballer wrote:I have loved Mike Brown and what he has done with this team.

Until now.

We are seeing what got him canned in Cleveland. The need to wed himself to his rotation and guys. Steve Kerr lost the first two games and made a change when Draymond was suspended and it worked to expose our defensive deficit in Browns favorite guys. So he stuck with it in the next two games and brought Draymond off the bench where he was able to wear down Sabonis both physically and emotionally. He also killed the normal energy that we bring off the bench and the difference between GM’s 1 & 2 and 3/4/5 was glaring there.

I understand that Fox’s injury is a factor no matter what. But there is a lot more than that happening here and it is the same stuff all three games.

Not even TRYING anyone else but putting the same guys who can’t get it going or are in their own heads here. You have another five guys on the roster. USE THEM.

Idk. I’m frustrated because I feel like there are other things that could be done to make the DUBS have to adjust instead of us.
Allowing Looney to look like a star by continually taking threes and missing and having the rebound pop out to midrange. That’s half the battle right there.

Not utilizing the size advantage and instead trying to run with the Dubs three guard lineup.

Allowing the Dubs to steal position on rebounds and win the boards battle by gang rebounding and letting Looney have free run.

He hasn't been perfect but I don't think I would put very much blame on Brown for these last three games. He have simply just failed to make shots. So many wide open looks just not going in for us. Not a whole lot he can do when we start 8-11 from deep and then go like 2-20 the rest of the way.

The one thing I will say about his rotation is I wish Mezie would get a look in this series. Len has been okay but I feel like Metu is a much better matchup against this team and he can give us some energy on the glass.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#215 » by LightTheBeam » Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:20 pm

OGSactownballer wrote:I have loved Mike Brown and what he has done with this team.

Until now.

I'm with you somewhat. Our best option right now has been Fox - Mitchell - Monk. It sucks but that is just the case. You can't ask Fox to do so much on offense and then guard Curry on defense, you need Mitchell. You can't have Fox be the only shot creator, so you need Malik Monk.

I wish Brown would try to put TD in as a spark when things aren't working. He's simply just much stronger than Huerter and when Huerter isn't hitting you have nothing to lose. I'd prefer to start Davion off the bat at the 2.

IMO this is year 1. The roster isn't fully done yet. We are seeing that right now. Murray/Barnes as your 3/4 just isn't going to work long term. The problem is magnified when you have Huerter at the 2.

They built the team and won 48 games. It's a fine regular season team that averaged the most points in the history of the NBA. Now we need to focus on adding defense. We need the personnel to contribute in the postseason. We are missing a 3pt shooting PF who can rebound, and a 2 way shooting guard. That doesn't happen overnight though, takes time to build up a roster.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#216 » by BoogieTime » Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:44 pm

Brown doesn’t want to “panic” as that would mess with team equilibrium to him, and the team has done enough to win garnering such open theee point shots to him…. Not liking it.

I thought I would be more excited about our possible pending exit, but yet I’m peaceful and at acceptance if this is the end (still won’t mean I won’t dislike certain players a la Huerter)
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,248

Post#217 » by blind prophet » Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:52 pm

We get to see what the team is made of tonight.

Been a good run this year.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#218 » by BoogieTime » Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:16 am

Maybe I was wrong, and the team was squished when it got the Warriors instead of anyone else (including Lakers)

Warriors have shown some serious experience
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#219 » by BoogieTime » Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:29 am

Looney owning Domas still, and it’s the series
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#220 » by BoogieTime » Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:31 am