ImageImageImageImageImage

Summer League discussion, Classic & Vegas

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,784

Re: Summer League discussion, Classic & Vegas 

Post#61 » by BoogieTime » Fri Jul 7, 2023 11:29 pm

I didn't even study the draft and knew Hornets should have taken Scoot, and you don't draft for fit
OxAndFox
Analyst
And1: 2,169

Post#62 » by OxAndFox » Sat Jul 8, 2023 12:36 am

I will just say it. Would have been great if Kris Murray fell to the Kings. Love his potential to be a decent rotation player.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#63 » by BoogieTime » Sat Jul 8, 2023 12:47 am

OxAndFox wrote:I will just say it. Would have been great if Kris Murray fell to the Kings. Love his potential to be a decent rotation player.

Not sure that wouldve swayed the outcome of moving Holmes, if he was available. It looks like hes putting up his brothers efficiency, and, rebounds/blocks... it was uncanny how he sounded like him as well in the interview
OxAndFox
Analyst

Post#64 » by OxAndFox » Sat Jul 8, 2023 12:54 am

BoogieTime wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:I will just say it. Would have been great if Kris Murray fell to the Kings. Love his potential to be a decent rotation player.

Not sure that wouldve swayed the outcome of moving Holmes, if he was available. It looks like hes putting up his brothers efficiency, and, rebounds/blocks... it was uncanny how he sounded like him as well in the interview

Yeah, and I'm not sure about all the other consequences of making that pick too. Windhorst mentioned they would have made the Murray pick. But think that might be him just guessing as I haven't seen too much get leaked from Monte's FO.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#65 » by BoogieTime » Sat Jul 8, 2023 2:57 am

I didn't like the Wemby hype. Folks talking about trading Tatum or anyone not named Doncic/Giannis/Jokic was too much. I wouldn't move Domas or Fox, and I said as much on those threads. Unique game/body, that might not make it
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#66 » by City of Trees » Sat Jul 8, 2023 3:34 am

BoogieTime wrote:I didn't even study the draft and knew Hornets should have taken Scoot, and you don't draft for fit
Michael Jordan is petty enough to tank his last draft pick if rumors are true he was forced out.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,448

Post#67 » by KF10 » Sat Jul 8, 2023 3:34 am

I think most people know that Wemby’s gonna get pushed around and stripped a lot. His core strength is awful.

I was surprised how poor his motor was. That’s not a good sign. Hopefully that changes for him.

That being said, dude looks like he will be a game changer on the defensive end tho. His length will disrupt a lot of shot attempts. Also, it seems that he has a pretty good feel in passing the ball. Looks to have an unselfish nature too.

Definitely a unicorn.

I wouldn’t bet against him since he landed in San Antonio.

Still, the hype machine is out of control for him on expectation for his first year lol
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#68 » by BoogieTime » Sat Jul 8, 2023 4:13 am

That no call on Colby Jones getting fouled on a three with the score 61-60, leading to Atlanta going the other way and hitting a three, may have killed us this game
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#69 » by KF10 » Sat Jul 8, 2023 4:18 am

We need to keep Ford somehow
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#70 » by BoogieTime » Sat Jul 8, 2023 4:26 am

Luke Loucks coaching his butt off, we have some good assistants (Jordi being interviewed for coaching spaces)
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#71 » by KF10 » Sat Jul 8, 2023 4:32 am

Queta about to throw down the dunk of the SL if it wasn’t for that late second deflection lol
OxAndFox
Analyst

Post#72 » by OxAndFox » Sat Jul 8, 2023 5:57 am

Need to give Ford a chance on this roster. If it's 2 way and then turning into a spot then so be it. He is completely in control out there.
I get the feeling if the Kings don't give him a spot, someone will. He is smooth and at least he scraps on the defensive end.

Liked Ellis, Edwards, Jones and Queta this game.
Kings D was decent too. Ellis with 5 steals.

Good to see the former Perth Wildcat Manek light it up from 3 and almost steal the game for the Hawks.
Boy did Gueye show off his athleticism.
Outside of Manek and Kabengele the Hawks were 6/34 from 3.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#73 » by BoogieTime » Sat Jul 8, 2023 7:23 am

OxAndFox wrote:Need to give Ford a chance on this roster. If it's 2 way and then turning into a spot then so be it. He is completely in control out there.
I get the feeling if the Kings don't give him a spot, someone will. He is smooth and at least he scraps on the defensive end.

The fact he is a local kid, he can have that third string PG for me
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#74 » by City of Trees » Sat Jul 8, 2023 1:28 pm

KF10 wrote:We need to keep Ford somehow
The most logical path would be to bring Queta up and give Ford the two-way. It's really all on Queta showing he's ready.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#75 » by City of Trees » Sat Jul 8, 2023 1:30 pm

BoogieTime wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:Need to give Ford a chance on this roster. If it's 2 way and then turning into a spot then so be it. He is completely in control out there.

If Ford can ball the best case scenario for the roster is stashing your 3rd PG on a two-way. PG is the strongest/deepest position on the Kings, why not use the roster spot somewhere else?
OxAndFox
Analyst

Post#76 » by OxAndFox » Sat Jul 8, 2023 3:25 pm

City of Trees wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:

If Ford can ball the best case scenario for the roster is stashing your 3rd PG on a two-way. PG is the strongest/deepest position on the Kings, why not use the roster spot somewhere else?

The Kings still have the option of releasing Dozier. At this point I'm not sure if Dozier is better than Ford. He certainly is on D and he is more versatile position wise, however if Fox goes down for an extended period (touch wood) Ford is a better option IMO.

That final spot really is Queta's to lose. He needs another couple of good performances. This way the Kings can look at another player for a 2 way deal.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#77 » by BoogieTime » Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:18 am

game is off. neemias has been bad, ford and jones invisible. doesn't look like a sl repeat
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#78 » by BoogieTime » Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:24 am

and Edwards isnt a nba player... add him to the list of wing attempts over the years
OxAndFox
Analyst

Post#79 » by OxAndFox » Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:37 am

BoogieTime wrote:game is off. neemias has been bad, ford and jones invisible. doesn't look like a sl repeat

I thought Colby was the only positive. Second half he needs to take it upon himself to get uncomfortable and see if he can take the game over.

Edwards has been pretty brutal overall in SL apart from a couple of moments.
I like that he is trying to expand his game, but it's just not there. He doesn't have any fluid movement. Going to be an energy guy.

Monte might be ripping up all the 2 way contracts at this point and starting from scratch.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#80 » by BoogieTime » Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:27 am

OxAndFox wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:game is off. neemias has been bad, ford and jones invisible. doesn't look like a sl repeat

I thought Colby was the only positive. Second half he needs to take it upon himself to get uncomfortable and see if he can take the game over.

Edwards has been pretty brutal overall in SL apart from a couple of moments.
I like that he is trying to expand his game, but it's just not there. He doesn't have any fluid movement. Going to be an energy guy.

Monte might be ripping up all the 2 way contracts at this point and starting from scratch.

Colby is the only one that matters, I guess. so him being a positive is good.

still wanted to see a summer league title run this year, during the dog days of summer. hopefully its not one loss your out

Return to Sacramento Kings