Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 7,338

Jimmy Alapag Named Player Development Coach With Kings 

Post#1 » by durden_tyler » Sun Aug 6, 2023 3:54 am

Jimmy Alapag Named Player Development Coach With Kings

From wiretap.

Probably not a big deal for most of you guys, but deal for us Filipinos as he becomes the first Filipino to be this high in a coach's/trainor's position (Spo is Fil-Am so he doesn't count)

Also, do yourself a favor a YouTube Jimmy Alapag/International Competition/FIBA and you'll see he was once a great, great point guard for us. i could say, even more clutch than DeAaron Fox. :D

Personally, back to supporting the Kings for me (since you traded Jason Williams :D) since we have to back our own.

Good luck to the season and you have a great one in Jimmy, who's one of the nicest players/persons even during his prime here playing for our local clubs and representing the country!
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 7,338

Re: Jimmy Alapag Named Player Development Coach With Kings 

Post#2 » by durden_tyler » Sun Aug 6, 2023 3:57 am

This still gives me the chills, too bad really he was too short for his position to play in the NBA but he did make his mark in international competitions for us and still thankful he represented the country (he grew up in the US i believe)

https://youtu.be/c5paB0jyezU

Since he's the player development coach, i think he can teach Fox and company those kind of shots above :D
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
OxAndFox
Analyst
And1: 2,169

Post#3 » by OxAndFox » Sun Aug 6, 2023 10:53 pm

Thanks for the information. Appreciate it!
Not only does he sound like a good development coach, but he fits what Mike Brown is building here through his team and the franchise.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,448

Post#4 » by KF10 » Tue Aug 8, 2023 10:05 pm

It looks like Jimmy was apart of the Kings Summer League/G-League a couple of years ago. He was apart of Bobby Jackson's coaching team.

Return to Sacramento Kings