ImageImageImageImageImage

2023-24 General Thread

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

FarBeyondDriven
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,040

Re: 2023-24 General Thread 

Post#61 » by FarBeyondDriven » Wed Nov 8, 2023 10:02 am

City of Trees wrote:Fun stat of the night: Davion had a team high 11 shots. Made 2

I really thought he was going to be a dynamic player for us. What a letdown he has been :( If you can't shoot threes as a guard it's really hard to get the trust from coaches and to see the amount of minutes to really make a difference. He's essentially our version of GP2 (without the threes lol) which is pathetic given where he was drafted.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,618

Post#62 » by LightTheBeam » Wed Nov 8, 2023 5:25 pm

City of Trees wrote:If there was any doubt left about who's team this is those questions were answered last night. Kings go as far as Fox can carry them. I know we all jumped on Domas yesterday and rightfully so, for me last night's game put things into perspective - Domas' ceiling is being Fox's Robin, but Domas could never fill Batman's shoes. Domas and Fox complement each other well so it's not like Domas sucks now - he's an elite role player, not a #2. Not until he can score from at least two levels.

I'm nervous about him being able to score from 1 level when our shooters aren't lights out. Since the start of the Warriors series, its just sag off on him, don't leave the shooters, when he puts his head down and dribbles immediately send more defenders to cause a turnover. I really like Domas, but right now his game is beyond predictable. One of the easiest guards in the league because you know exactly what he's going to do. Good thing is our shooters can't be off all season, and hopefully he gets his confidence back, but right now its ugly.

Saw a great take yesterday. Everyone scape goating Davion who has no doubt been terrible. But the blame should fall more on Sabonis/Barnes, our high paid vets who are supposed to lead the team and been absolute nothings.

Fox is leader, engine, and best player. Murray is the spot up shooter, Domas is the elite role player. I think you need one more guy capable of taking the load off for Fox in those iso situations. Monk is a great guy for the bench, but asking him to be that guy is a mistake.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#63 » by LightTheBeam » Wed Nov 8, 2023 5:36 pm

The 2 changes I would make when Fox and Lyles come back

Mitchell out of the rotation for Colby.
Duarte starting for Huerter
Lyles starting for Barnes

Fox - Duarte - Murray - Lyles - Sabonis
Colby - Monk - Huerter - Barnes - Mcgee

Reality is that Duarte is equally streaky as Huerter, but he's a far superior defender. Lyles is a better fit with the starters than Barnes, he likes to run the court and spot up for 3s. He also adds size and defense over Barnes. Starting lineup should feature Fox, Murray, Sabonis and defender/shooters.

Then in that second unit you have 4 guys who like to score and are more capable with ball in their hands. This takes some of the pressure off Monk. He can run pnr with Mcgee, but we also have Huerter spotting up on those Monk drives, and Barnes capable of drawing a foul when times get tough. But put Barnes/Huerter against opposing benches and suddenly they look much better.

This is my start. If this doesn't get the juices flowing, I'm looking for an early trade. West is too competitive, teams could fall out of playoffs by Xmas if they go on big losing streaks.
OxAndFox
Analyst
And1: 2,169

Post#64 » by OxAndFox » Wed Nov 8, 2023 8:22 pm

LightTheBeam wrote:The 2 changes I would make when Fox and Lyles come back

Mitchell out of the rotation for Colby.
Duarte starting for Huerter
Lyles starting for Barnes

Fox - Duarte - Murray - Lyles - Sabonis
Colby - Monk - Huerter - Barnes - Mcgee

Reality is that Duarte is equally streaky as Huerter, but he's a far superior defender. Lyles is a better fit with the starters than Barnes, he likes to run the court and spot up for 3s. He also adds size and defense over Barnes. Starting lineup should feature Fox, Murray, Sabonis and defender/shooters.

Then in that second unit you have 4 guys who like to score and are more capable with ball in their hands. This takes some of the pressure off Monk. He can run pnr with Mcgee, but we also have Huerter spotting up on those Monk drives, and Barnes capable of drawing a foul when times get tough. But put Barnes/Huerter against opposing benches and suddenly they look much better.

This is my start. If this doesn't get the juices flowing, I'm looking for an early trade. West is too competitive, teams could fall out of playoffs by Xmas if they go on big losing streaks.

I would have to agree here. I do think they have to reign in Duarte a little bit. Surely someone has told him he isn't good at shooting fall away mid range jumpers and they hurt the team.
Outside of that, I can accept he isn't going to be as good as Huerter is (normally) from 3. He just needs to make sure the D is covering him.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,785

Post#65 » by BoogieTime » Wed Nov 8, 2023 8:56 pm

OxAndFox wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:
Those guys are positive contracts though. It's not 2019. They are barely taking anything of the cap. I mean someone like Rui is right between Barnes and Huerter and it's not even close to knowing who the worst of those 3 are. You're looking at guys like Dort and Bogdan that are just under them in a couple of years. Just above these guys are Duncan Robinson, Powell and Deandre Hunter. Barnes and Huerter and both on bargain contracts.
Have a look at what Houston paid just to get vet leadership. FVV is taking up 24.1% of their cap in 3 YEARS' time.

% Of Cap in years remaining for the 3 guys you mentioned.
Barnes 11.53%/10.10%/9.45%
Huerter 10.63%/9.44%/8.95%
Davion 3.44%/3.62%

Keegan isn't a problem either, he is what he is, a 2nd year player. But what I will say is a lot of Kings fans and media keep parroting that they can't afford for a project or young player at the end of the roster, yet they have said not 1 thing about Keegan needing to go for a more win now player. I'm not saying I advocate for it, but right at this point in time, if you don't believe the Kings can afford to develop a young player at the end of the bench then you should be in a camp of trading Keegan for someone to fit a win now time.

Well, if they aren’t negative no one is chomping at the bit to give up serious value for them (as can be seen on the trades/transactions board when they are brought up). Huerter has had a bad last half of last year/playoffs and start to this year and Barnes is aging mediocrity who is paid quite fairly for his services now

Only Murray and picks are enticing to anyone

I agree no one is chomping at the bit on the T&T board for them, but it's the T&T board, not an NBA FO. If you're not a star or under 22 everyone is crap over there.
The Kings paid a 1st for Kevin Huerter. Since then he is coming off a career year, is just 25, and is paid 3/50m. If he was a FA in the off season he would have made a hell of a lot more so to me he is on a bargain contract. When a FO is scouting the potential of adding Huerter they would notice his playmaking skills as an upgrade to his previous skills when in Atlanta. The start to the season hasn't been great for him, along with others, but no one values people on a 6-game sample size. In March he averaged 18ppg so it was basically a flat spot in February and then April.

Barnes is who he is. A vet player who is one of the better pro's in the game. I mentioned after last season Barnes needs to come off the bench. Brown needs to tell him if he isn't scoring and doing the little things on the offensive end, his D will never keep him in the starting line-up. Lyles or Sasha should come into the starting 5 for balance.

Pace is the thing that has hurt some other guys, no getting out on fast breaks for open 3s and a slower pace means fewer shots for everyone, and whether its Huerter being too far out and shooting over a hand, Keegan shooting off-balance 3s, Domas clanking everything not a lay up, Barnes forgetting he is allowed to shoot, Sasha shooting with pressure on, Duarte thinking he is a mid range maestro and forget about it with Davion. The offense is putrid and it has to do with pace. The guys can't get out and run after "working" so hard on D.

The only thing I'm really disappointed with Huerter is the same thing I am with pretty much every other player on the squad not named Fox. They knew defense was going to be a focus and they didn't have the legs for it late last season, but what do you know, everyone apart from Fox has come back with the same or weaker fitness levels.

The t/t board are a random assortment of impartial fans. Who thinks they have strong value? Kings fans on twitter and in the media? If we made a poll on the t/t board on whether a package of Huerter/Barnes/Mitchell was positive/negative/neutral it would probably get a lot of neutral votes with a sprinkling of good and bad

We paid a protected first for Huerter, and if things stopped in feb/March that would be good value. Now we are moving him off bad play over the last stretch if he doesn’t strongly come around. One of the “better pros in the league” doesn’t entice oncourt value

It’s Murray and the picks that we have to make moves IMO
OxAndFox
Analyst

Post#66 » by OxAndFox » Wed Nov 8, 2023 9:18 pm

BoogieTime wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
Well, if they aren’t negative no one is chomping at the bit to give up serious value for them (as can be seen on the trades/transactions board when they are brought up). Huerter has had a bad last half of last year/playoffs and start to this year and Barnes is aging mediocrity who is paid quite fairly for his services now

Only Murray and picks are enticing to anyone

I agree no one is chomping at the bit on the T&T board for them, but it's the T&T board, not an NBA FO. If you're not a star or under 22 everyone is crap over there.
The Kings paid a 1st for Kevin Huerter. Since then he is coming off a career year, is just 25, and is paid 3/50m. If he was a FA in the off season he would have made a hell of a lot more so to me he is on a bargain contract. When a FO is scouting the potential of adding Huerter they would notice his playmaking skills as an upgrade to his previous skills when in Atlanta. The start to the season hasn't been great for him, along with others, but no one values people on a 6-game sample size. In March he averaged 18ppg so it was basically a flat spot in February and then April.

Barnes is who he is. A vet player who is one of the better pro's in the game. I mentioned after last season Barnes needs to come off the bench. Brown needs to tell him if he isn't scoring and doing the little things on the offensive end, his D will never keep him in the starting line-up. Lyles or Sasha should come into the starting 5 for balance.

Pace is the thing that has hurt some other guys, no getting out on fast breaks for open 3s and a slower pace means fewer shots for everyone, and whether its Huerter being too far out and shooting over a hand, Keegan shooting off-balance 3s, Domas clanking everything not a lay up, Barnes forgetting he is allowed to shoot, Sasha shooting with pressure on, Duarte thinking he is a mid range maestro and forget about it with Davion. The offense is putrid and it has to do with pace. The guys can't get out and run after "working" so hard on D.

The only thing I'm really disappointed with Huerter is the same thing I am with pretty much every other player on the squad not named Fox. They knew defense was going to be a focus and they didn't have the legs for it late last season, but what do you know, everyone apart from Fox has come back with the same or weaker fitness levels.

The t/t board are a random assortment of impartial fans. Who thinks they have strong value? Kings fans on twitter and in the media? If we made a poll on the t/t board on whether a package of Huerter/Barnes/Mitchell was positive/negative/neutral it would probably get a lot of neutral votes with a sprinkling of good and bad

We paid a protected first for Huerter, and if things stopped in feb/March that would be good value. Now we are moving him off bad play over the last stretch if he doesn’t strongly come around. One of the “better pros in the league” doesn’t entice oncourt value

Again, GMs don't overeact to bad stretches, whether it's wanting a player or their own player. Otherwise there would be 10 trades every week. They know the framework of what a player is worth.
If we go by how you are valuing players Barnes with his 33 point game was all of a sudden a star after the first game and now he is negative value after some under performing games. It doesn't swing like that.
No one is suggesting these guys (Barnes/Huerter) are worth all stars. I don't think anyone has ever suggested that, however they have value to the right team, whether individually or collectively with other assets.

Keegan won't be traded along with picks unless a sure fire superstar is coming back. Not a star, a superstar. You should realise just how much the franchise values him by now.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#67 » by BoogieTime » Wed Nov 8, 2023 9:54 pm

OxAndFox wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:

Again, GMs don't overeact to bad stretches, whether it's wanting a player or their own player. Otherwise there would be 10 trades every week. They know the framework of what a player is worth.
If we go by how you are valuing players Barnes with his 33 point game was all of a sudden a star after the first game and now he is negative value after some under performing games. It doesn't swing like that.
No one is suggesting these guys (Barnes/Huerter) are worth all stars. I don't think anyone has ever suggested that, however they have value to the right team, whether individually or collectively with other assets.

Keegan won't be traded along with picks unless a sure fire superstar is coming back. Not a star, a superstar. You should realise just how much the franchise values him by now.

I don’t know it and you certainly don’t either (I don’t even k is what your talking about as all teams publically back practically all their players) . If you mean the Beal thing, yeah he’s older/overpaid and you didn’t get a 2nd year Keegan glimpse

But now is the time with him to move him at a high while he still has that luster, if you want. You don’t sit on assets until they lose value a la Mitchell. I’m questioning his fortitude at this point, that’s innate.

And yeah I think recency bias is natural to humans and probably GMs (subpar last year ending, horrible playoffs/preseason/start)
OxAndFox
Analyst

Post#68 » by OxAndFox » Wed Nov 8, 2023 10:30 pm

BoogieTime wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:

I don’t know it and you certainly don’t either (I don’t even k is what your talking about as all teams publically back practically all their players) . If you mean the Beal thing, yeah he’s older/overpaid and you didn’t get a 2nd year Keegan glimpse

But now is the time with him to move him at a high while he still has that luster, if you want. You don’t sit on assets until they lose value a la Mitchell. I’m questioning his fortitude at this point, that’s innate.

And yeah I think recency bias is natural to humans and probably GMs (subpar last year ending, horrible playoffs/preseason/start)

Not sure what you're referring to Beal. He isn't a superstar and Keegan would never have been offered for him. EVER. I don't know why you keep saying things about a Beal trade like it was ever even a thing. If you're referring to the Sactown Sports article referencing a tweet from Shams and then going with the below. I've got a bridge to sell you.

To make a trade for Beal work, the Kings would likely need to offer up multiple draft picks, recent Rookie All-First team forward Keegan Murray, sharpshooting guard Kevin Huerter, and more for the rebuilding Wizards to accept.

It’s possible that Washington and Sacramento could work a sign-and-trade for Harrison Barnes to help match salary, but it’s hard to envision a rebuilding Wizards team adding the 31-year-old Barnes into its plans for the future.

So the Kings would have needed to give up Keegan (the #4 pick from the previous draft that broke the rookie record for 3s), Kevin Huerter (who the Kings just gave up a protected pick for and had a career season), multiple draft picks and MORE for Beal who was traded for...wait for it, Chris Freaking Paul who was coming off yet another injury-plagued season and PO failure, (if you're down on the Kings' players for their PO failure then CP3 must be garbage right?) pick swaps that aren't going to amount to anything and 6 second rounders.
Then CP3 was dealt to the Warriors for Poole and a TOP 20 protected 2030 1st. If CP3 wasn't such a negative contract the Warriors would have needed to add a lot more to get off Poole.
That's not even adding to the fact in the article it references "it's hard to envision a rebuilding Wizards team adding the 31-year-old Barnes into its plans for the future" Then they trade for CP3. LOL

Yeah that seems totally plausible. The guy that wasn't traded for NOT 1 first would need multiple first rounders from the Kings plus the guy that was just selected 4th overall and the guy that the Kings still owe a first for after coming off a career season. GTFOH.

While I don't KNOW, it's easy to see what plans a team has for players. You don't see Monte talking about Davion/Huerter/Monk etc. He only talks about Fox/Domas/Keegan as the future. That isn't just talking nicely about thier own players.
OxAndFox
Analyst

Post#69 » by OxAndFox » Wed Nov 8, 2023 10:37 pm

Or maybe you would like to reference the CBS article regarding a Beal to Sacramento trade.

Bradley Beal may be a former All-Star, but his trade market as the Washington Wizards enter a rebuild has been surprisingly tepid.
On paper, Sacramento makes very little sense as a destination for Beal. The Kings just had the most efficient regular-season offense in NBA history. Their offense is built around All-Star point guard De'Aaron Fox and features two young shooting guards in Kevin Huerter and Malik Monk that are coming off of great years.

Even if no deal is consummated, this is the sort of leak that serves both teams. The Wizards need to send a message to the rest of the league that they are getting significant interest for Beal, and the Kings, after snapping a 17-year playoff drought last season, want the basketball world to see Sacramento as a destination. Form that perspective, Beal talks have already benefitted both sides even if no deal materializes.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#70 » by BoogieTime » Wed Nov 8, 2023 10:57 pm

OxAndFox wrote:Or maybe you would like to reference the CBS article regarding a Beal to Sacramento trade.

Bradley Beal may be a former All-Star, but his trade market as the Washington Wizards enter a rebuild has been surprisingly tepid.
On paper, Sacramento makes very little sense as a destination for Beal. The Kings just had the most efficient regular-season offense in NBA history. Their offense is built around All-Star point guard De'Aaron Fox and features two young shooting guards in Kevin Huerter and Malik Monk that are coming off of great years.

Even if no deal is consummated, this is the sort of leak that serves both teams. The Wizards need to send a message to the rest of the league that they are getting significant interest for Beal, and the Kings, after snapping a 17-year playoff drought last season, want the basketball world to see Sacramento as a destination. Form that perspective, Beal talks have already benefitted both sides even if no deal materializes.

What are you talking about? I’m saying there were reports the Kings didn’t want to offer Keegan (Aldridge particularly said it was THE cross point).

It’s fine the Kings didn’t want to offer Keegan for Beal’s age/injury history/contract. We can see already that would be a bust. Doesn’t mean he’s untouchable to the FO after his start here
OxAndFox
Analyst

Post#71 » by OxAndFox » Wed Nov 8, 2023 11:00 pm

Look Boogie, Huerter, and Barnes have been truly awful to start the season.

Last 5 Games
Barnes
10.8/2/1 in 30.8mpg
15/35 - 0.428 FG
8/21 - 0.380 3P
10/15 - 0.666 FT
+/- (-51)

Huerter
8/5/2.6 in 24.2mpg
15/46 - 0.326 FG
7/28 - 0.250 3P
3/5 - 0.600 FT
+/- (-28)

But why doesn't Domas escape your overreactions? He had a poor PO series last year. He has had a poor start to the season. By your own measurements, the Kings wouldn't be able to trade Domas and he is one of the worst contracts in the NBA.

Last 5 Games
Sabonis
14.6/13.4/5.8 in 33.6mpg
28/53 - 0.528 FG
1/6 - 0.166 3P
16/28 - 0.571 FT
+/- (-58)
OxAndFox
Analyst

Post#72 » by OxAndFox » Wed Nov 8, 2023 11:10 pm

BoogieTime wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:Or maybe you would like to reference the CBS article regarding a Beal to Sacramento trade.

What are you talking about? I’m saying there were reports the Kings didn’t want to offer Keegan (Aldridge particularly said it was THE cross point).

It’s fine the Kings didn’t want to offer Keegan for Beal’s age/injury history/contract. We can see already that would be a bust. Doesn’t mean he’s untouchable to the FO after his start here

The thing is everyone knows Keegan would never have come up in trade discussions, particularly for Beal. That's like saying any one of the top 5 guys from last year's draft would NEVER be offered for a player like Beal. Actually, I would go to the top 7 and potentially it's their own 10th pick with Davis that would be the first player. It's obvious. It doesn't even need to be said.
In the 2021 NBA draft no one is trading their player for Beal until the Kings with the 9th pick and Davion.
This isn't just a Keegan thing.

But...for some reason, you keep mentioning Keegan and its like a fact he was offered or something. Or that the Kings would have needed to offer him to get Beal. It's weird.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#73 » by BoogieTime » Wed Nov 8, 2023 11:36 pm

OxAndFox wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:

The thing is everyone knows Keegan would never have come up in trade discussions, particularly for Beal. That's like saying any one of the top 5 guys from last year's draft would NEVER be offered for a player like Beal. Actually, I would go to the top 7 and potentially it's their own 10th pick with Davis that would be the first player. It's obvious. It doesn't even need to be said.
In the 2021 NBA draft no one is trading their player for Beal until the Kings with the 9th pick and Davion.
This isn't just a Keegan thing.

But...for some reason, you keep mentioning Keegan and its like a fact he was offered or something. Or that the Kings would have needed to offer him to get Beal. It's weird.

?

Because the Kings for some reason were in talks for Beal and on Beal’s list and the Wizards reportedly wanted him to consummate the deal.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#74 » by BoogieTime » Wed Nov 8, 2023 11:42 pm

OxAndFox wrote:Look Boogie, Huerter, and Barnes have been truly awful to start the season.

Last 5 Games
Barnes
10.8/2/1 in 30.8mpg
15/35 - 0.428 FG
8/21 - 0.380 3P
10/15 - 0.666 FT
+/- (-51)

Huerter
8/5/2.6 in 24.2mpg
15/46 - 0.326 FG
7/28 - 0.250 3P
3/5 - 0.600 FT
+/- (-28)

But why doesn't Domas escape your overreactions? He had a poor PO series last year. He has had a poor start to the season. By your own measurements, the Kings wouldn't be able to trade Domas and he is one of the worst contracts in the NBA.

Last 5 Games
Sabonis
14.6/13.4/5.8 in 33.6mpg
28/53 - 0.528 FG
1/6 - 0.166 3P
16/28 - 0.571 FT
+/- (-58)

Sabonis is a all nba player. So the starting point is a little different than average role players

But by my own measurements if the Kings tried to deal him they wouldn’t get near equitable return because of his playoffs and start to the season as before the playoffs, because of recency bias
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#75 » by BoogieTime » Thu Nov 9, 2023 12:06 am

OxAndFox wrote:Look Boogie, Huerter, and Barnes have been truly awful to start the season.

Last 5 Games
Barnes
10.8/2/1 in 30.8mpg
15/35 - 0.428 FG
8/21 - 0.380 3P
10/15 - 0.666 FT
+/- (-51)

Huerter
8/5/2.6 in 24.2mpg
15/46 - 0.326 FG
7/28 - 0.250 3P
3/5 - 0.600 FT
+/- (-28)

Last 5 Games
Sabonis
14.6/13.4/5.8 in 33.6mpg
28/53 - 0.528 FG
1/6 - 0.166 3P
16/28 - 0.571 FT
+/- (-58)

Also, you seem to not like me being the one to say Huerter/Barnes/Mitchell aren’t strongly positive, yet I’ve offered to bring the discussion to a neutral third party

We can start a thread in the t/t board about it.

Yet you will come up with some way to dismiss the board of random, impartial nba fans as if we have some better measurement to gauge how NBA GMs would see these players (we can’t poll them)

Maybe I’m wrong?
OxAndFox
Analyst

Post#76 » by OxAndFox » Thu Nov 9, 2023 12:42 am

BoogieTime wrote:

Last 5 Games
Barnes
10.8/2/1 in 30.8mpg
15/35 - 0.428 FG
8/21 - 0.380 3P
10/15 - 0.666 FT
+/- (-51)

Huerter
8/5/2.6 in 24.2mpg
15/46 - 0.326 FG
7/28 - 0.250 3P
3/5 - 0.600 FT
+/- (-28)

Last 5 Games
Sabonis
14.6/13.4/5.8 in 33.6mpg
28/53 - 0.528 FG
1/6 - 0.166 3P
16/28 - 0.571 FT
+/- (-58)

Also, you seem to not like me being the one to say Huerter/Barnes/Mitchell aren’t strongly positive, yet I’ve offered to bring the discussion to a neutral third party

We can start a thread in the t/t board about it.

Yet you will come up with some way to dismiss the board of random, impartial nba fans as if we have some better measurement to gauge how NBA GMs would see these players (we can’t poll them)

Maybe I’m wrong?

No. I have been quite adamant the Kings would need to add picks for an upgrade to Barnes/Huerter and if Davion is thrown in so be it. I'm not saying, and I've said this ad nauseam, that both Barnes and Huerter aren't going to return a star by themselves or even collectively.
I don't know why you're making up that I have suggested otherwise. Start a thread, and we all know people will throw crap at that package. But as I said, they aren't an NBA FO and depending on which FO, they would all have differing opinions on Barnes/Huerter. Some would love them, some would hate them more than you.

What I do dismiss is they are nothing.
You keep harping on Domas being the hub of the #1 offense of all time. And yes he is. Guess what though, if Huerter and Barnes weren't on this team last season the Kings wouldn't have it and Sabonis isn't an All-NBA player. That's how important those two guys were last season and they will be important moving forward as well.
No one is happy with the start of the season, and I get it, but keep that same energy when things go well. You're still down on Fox and he is coming off an all nba season, clutch player of the year, a brilliant PO performance and has started on fire, yet you still come up with little snips at him as well even when you say something semi positive about him. I'm not suggesting don't be critical, but how about looking at things from an even keel, not on an anti Sacramento slant.
OxAndFox
Analyst

Post#77 » by OxAndFox » Thu Nov 9, 2023 12:44 am

Oh. And go Kings. Tonight's going to be a tough one, but who knows, it could just be the start of a winning streak.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#78 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Nov 9, 2023 3:10 pm

In other news, Lakers got smacked by the rockets. Rockets seem to be playing really good basketball. The young guys are really stepping up, and the vet additions have given them new life. The west is seriously a bloodbath this year, no bad teams.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,170

Post#79 » by Colbinii » Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:18 pm

Are the Kings still happy with the Haliburton/Sabonis swap?
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#80 » by BoogieTime » Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:17 pm

Colbinii wrote:Are the Kings still happy with the Haliburton/Sabonis swap?

What is your opinion? Thats kind of a leading question now, isn't it?

I was about to write about it in the General Thread, that although I'm a huge Domas fan, this might be the year we start hearing a lot about this trade.

I think most Kings fans are happy seeing competitive basketball, and since the trade the Kings have been a playoff team (Domas being a baller and helping Fox grow), so its kind of a back burner thing. And truly, no one knows who won the trade, because it just happened, its going to take years to decipher how the trade affected the teams and if injuries derailed one of these careers etc. Also moves happen every year, good and bad, some you win some you lose, and what good is it to just sit and ruminate over wha could have been?

If Tyrese scorches to a mvp path, it should ultimately shine a light on Vivek's meddling, as that's what precipitated the move, though (his win now mandates)

Return to Sacramento Kings