ImageImageImageImageImage

Blazers (3-4) @ Kings (2-4)

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,784

Re: Blazers (3-4) @ Kings (2-4) 

Post#41 » by BoogieTime » Thu Nov 9, 2023 6:19 am

davions going to have to make it as a 6 ft sg with an inconsistent shot. we will see how much his scoring develops. this cant be a blip on the radar type game
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,616

Post#42 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Nov 9, 2023 6:41 am

Missed first half, but was so happy to see Keon starting. What a win though, it wasn't pretty and Blazers were missing their entire back court, but they scrapped it out. Bunch of guys had moments to make this happen. The west is just too competitive to have fox out, but I think with everyone back in their roles it will really help keegan settle back in. Feels like nerves with him, Mike wants him to chuck the ball and tons of pressure to step up as a scorer. He's not quite ready, but we saw flashes in summer league of his other moves.

Lyles should be a big boost to the squad as well. Our forward play is lacking badly. Can't wait to be healthy
OxAndFox
Analyst
And1: 2,169

Post#43 » by OxAndFox » Thu Nov 9, 2023 9:38 am

BoogieTime wrote:There it was!

We needed this.

For whatever reason Davion worked tonight off the bench in a totally different fashion than as a starter (monks presence)... the starting unit and bench units.

Huerter, decent game.

Len needs those backup mins.

Duarte cant play. Jones needs his minutes. And it will prolong Huerter's span to get it right.

Keegan, its the sheepishness that may be innate. If your telling me you can get a high level player for him now, yeah I'd think about it.

Yep, there it is! HAHA
Davion worked tonight off the bench...like he has played for 90% of his career, and you credit Monk...who has came off the bench 90% of his career. WTF?

Huerter...Decent game. If you averaged 17 on 44% shooting from 3 you are still crap and a negative contract because I will overraact after your next poor performance.

Len needs those BU minutes. Yep, completely agree. I think your analysis on this has been fantastic and spot on. Not sure why the coaching staff isn't putting him in more. Actually I do have an idea,but still.

Duarte...in 7 games has gone from should be starter to can't play. I mean if this doesn't make you see that knee jerk reactions aren't an NBA thing I don't know what will.

Let's be honest. Keegan has been in the same tier as Fox for you. You will NEVER support Keegan no matter what and pick something out to degrade him. Which you can LITERALLY do with ANY player on earth.
Not going to pretend Keegans offensive start to the seaon hasn't disappointed. But let's see where it goes, we don't know what the coaching staff is asking him to do. Right?

In other words, yes we needed this. It was a scrappy win, and not the best, but keep the same energy for wins/good performances as you do for the other side. It might just mean you can see that Sacramento doesn't have only terrible players except for Domas.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#44 » by BoogieTime » Thu Nov 9, 2023 7:49 pm

OxAndFox wrote:

We needed this.

For whatever reason Davion worked tonight off the bench in a totally different fashion than as a starter (monks presence)... the starting unit and bench units.

Huerter, decent game.

Duarte cant play. Jones needs his minutes. And it will prolong Huerter's span to get it right.

Keegan, its the sheepishness that may be innate. If your telling me you can get a high level player for him now, yeah I'd think about it.

Yep, there it is! HAHA
Davion worked tonight off the bench...like he has played for 90% of his career, and you credit Monk...who has came off the bench 90% of his career. WTF?

Huerter...Decent game. If you averaged 17 on 44% shooting from 3 you are still crap and a negative contract because I will overraact after your next poor performance.

Len needs those BU minutes. Yep, completely agree. I think your analysis on this has been fantastic and spot on. Not sure why the coaching staff isn't putting him in more. Actually I do have an idea,but still.

Duarte...in 7 games has gone from should be starter to can't play. I mean if this doesn't make you see that knee jerk reactions aren't an NBA thing I don't know what will.

Let's be honest. Keegan has been in the same tier as Fox for you. You will NEVER support Keegan no matter what and pick something out to degrade him. Which you can LITERALLY do with ANY player on earth.
Not going to pretend Keegans offensive start to the seaon hasn't disappointed. But let's see where it goes, we don't know what the coaching staff is asking him to do. Right?

In other words, yes we needed this. It was a scrappy win, and not the best, but keep the same energy for wins/good performances as you do for the other side. It might just mean you can see that Sacramento doesn't have only terrible players except for Domas.

Keegan's trade value is at a critical juncture now, as the 4th pick who showed a little something last year. He can still be the piece in a major trade, but if you wait on him his value could depreciate considerably by the end of the season if his career arc isn't there.

I wanted him drafted, so he wasn't always on my bad side, but its quite surprising that there are Kings fans on the t/t board who wouldn't move him for Markannen now, a surefire periphery all star. Thats the type of move I'm talking. Not really for an expiring/older Siakam.

I'm trying with Keegan but he is showing strong lack of fortitude. He was sheepish in physical contact for a rookie and stepping out of his offensive zone and being a mere shooter because of reticence, now he is shaken out of his boots to start the season. Is this typical fortitude of a serious player? Its a bit of a sign for me
OxAndFox
Analyst
And1: 2,169

Post#45 » by OxAndFox » Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:38 am

BoogieTime wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:

We needed this.

Huerter, decent game.

Yep, there it is! HAHA

Keegan's trade value is at a critical juncture now, as the 4th pick who showed a little something last year. He can still be the piece in a major trade, but if you wait on him his value could depreciate considerably by the end of the season if his career arc isn't there.

I wanted him drafted, so he wasn't always on my bad side, but its quite surprising that there are Kings fans on the t/t board who wouldn't move him for Markannen now, a surefire periphery all star. Thats the type of move I'm talking. Not really for an expiring/older Siakam.

I'm trying with Keegan but he is showing strong lack of fortitude. He was sheepish in physical contact for a rookie and stepping out of his offensive zone and being a mere shooter because of reticence, now he is shaken out of his boots to start the season. Is this typical fortitude of a serious player? Its a bit of a sign for me

That is fair. I get people being a little nervous about the start of his season offensively. I am too. Again, we don't know what's going on behind the scenes though. Is the coaching staff pushing him on the defensive side and that is taking his legs from him more than they thought? I think that's been the case with Huerter too.
To me it seems like the Kings came out and built Keegan's improvement on the offensive side of the ball to an unrealistic point because coach Brown has always been on him about improving on D.

I can see your point with a lack of fortitude, but I will say he has shown improvements in that area. Is he ever going to be an alpha #1 scorer? Don't think so. I keep saying, that's why this team needs a #1 scorer still.
IMO Keegan can become a #2 or at minimum #3 scorer and I think that is where he should be able to sit. Kings need that alpha scorer (doesn't necessarily mean a KD/Steph superstar) then Fox at #2, Keegan at #3 and Sabonis is the ultra efficient guy that will still get numbers off a small amount of shots, run the offense and do the dirty work on the boards.
IF Fox continues to be aggressive throughout the game and Keegan becomes a #2 scorer (20-22ppg) then the Kings realistically just need a good #3 scorer. I would personally love to see OG in that spot.
After his great start to the season, I don't think we are trading for him any time soon though so it would need to be a S&T which is going to be tough.

Right at this point in time Keegan isn't near aggressive enough and he is clunky as hell with his penetration. They put him as the leading ball handler in summer league to get him handling the ball more and said he would be able to push it up the court. He hasn't done it at all so far this season and always defers to Domas or someone else. I want to see him push the ball extremely hard from the defensive end and if he makes mistakes so be it.

I would like to hear your opinion where you see the offense/defenses heading with the current crop and what
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#46 » by City of Trees » Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:18 am

BoogieTime wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:

We needed this.

Huerter, decent game.

Yep, there it is! HAHA

Both Keegan and his brother were late bloomers in basketball. High school, college, and now possibly the NBA. Keegan appears to need more time. You make a good point about his trade value and that's a decision the front office will have to make and stick with.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#47 » by BoogieTime » Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:26 am

OxAndFox wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:
Yep, there it is! HAHA

That is fair. I get people being a little nervous about the start of his season offensively. I am too. Again, we don't know what's going on behind the scenes though. Is the coaching staff pushing him on the defensive side and that is taking his legs from him more than they thought? I think that's been the case with Huerter too.
To me it seems like the Kings came out and built Keegan's improvement on the offensive side of the ball to an unrealistic point because coach Brown has always been on him about improving on D.

I can see your point with a lack of fortitude, but I will say he has shown improvements in that area. Is he ever going to be an alpha #1 scorer? Don't think so. I keep saying, that's why this team needs a #1 scorer still.
IMO Keegan can become a #2 or at minimum #3 scorer and I think that is where he should be able to sit. Kings need that alpha scorer (doesn't necessarily mean a KD/Steph superstar) then Fox at #2, Keegan at #3 and Sabonis is the ultra efficient guy that will still get numbers off a small amount of shots, run the offense and do the dirty work on the boards.
IF Fox continues to be aggressive throughout the game and Keegan becomes a #2 scorer (20-22ppg) then the Kings realistically just need a good #3 scorer. I would personally love to see OG in that spot.
After his great start to the season, I don't think we are trading for him any time soon though so it would need to be a S&T which is going to be tough.

Right at this point in time Keegan isn't near aggressive enough and he is clunky as hell with his penetration. They put him as the leading ball handler in summer league to get him handling the ball more and said he would be able to push it up the court. He hasn't done it at all so far this season and always defers to Domas or someone else. I want to see him push the ball extremely hard from the defensive end and if he makes mistakes so be it.

I would like to hear your opinion where you see the offense/defenses heading with the current crop and what

my opinion brother? you put a lot of thought in your paragraphs. I'm not sure we still need an alpha, but then I dont really have championship aspirations. Sabonis/Fox are a talented enough duo with solid core players to advance in the playoffs once attrition starts happening in this conference (Lakers/Warriors/Suns/Clippers for sure will be heading out). But with Montes acumen for finding solid minimum contracts I wouldnt mind betting on third paid star. Not an OG fan for the price it will take most likely and Raps may look to retain him and compete. He's going to be seen as a max dollar type, and hard to attain via s/t without significant assets. McNair may disagree, as hes always been on him. I think he's rated highly for a very good role player with injury history, but maybe he has room to grow. If your keeping Keegan still need to figure out what he is defensively. His blocks are climbing incrementally which is the one aspect I like. So do you need a shot blocker or wing to replace Barnes?

Return to Sacramento Kings