ImageImageImageImageImage

CAVS (4-5) @ Kings (4-4)

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,248

Re: CAVS (4-5) @ Kings (4-4) 

Post#21 » by blind prophet » Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:09 am

City of Trees wrote:Cavs keep matching blow for blow. This one will go down to the wire.

Vegas had it as a 1 point game, looks like they may have been right.
madskillz8
Senior
And1: 713

Post#22 » by madskillz8 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:29 am

blind prophet wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:Duarte is still fouling everything and giving up free throws like their going out of style

I dont want him playing, he cant. Jones for the last time Brown

If Ellis comes back in poorly, I'd be ok giving Jones a shot.

Is Mitchell out? I still think Mitchell should be Fox's backup and when Fox is out, he should be the backup of Ellis, not the starter. I know he has limitations but still hard to overlook his contributions, especially when you can make him know his role in offense
blind prophet
RealGM

Post#23 » by blind prophet » Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:36 am

madskillz8 wrote:
blind prophet wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:Duarte is still fouling everything and giving up free throws like their going out of style

Is Mitchell out? I still think Mitchell should be Fox's backup and when Fox is out, he should be the backup of Ellis, not the starter. I know he has limitations but still hard to overlook his contributions, especially when you can make him know his role in offense

CBS only has Lyles out.

So it could be a Coaches decision DNP
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#24 » by City of Trees » Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:37 am

madskillz8 wrote:
blind prophet wrote:

Ellis stealing Davion's minutes has to put the Kings FO on notice. What is the long-term plan? Can you use him to fill another roster need? Fox supermax incoming do you really want to pay that much for his back up? If Ellis can grab hold of the back up spot I think we see Davion moved sooner rather than later.
madskillz8
Senior

Post#25 » by madskillz8 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:40 am

blind prophet wrote:
madskillz8 wrote:
blind prophet wrote:

CBS only has Lyles out.

So it could be a Coaches decision DNP

Seems like he's available. You're right.
blind prophet
RealGM

Post#26 » by blind prophet » Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:43 am

That play where Ellis got the ball back at half court with just a bit of time left on the clock was a pretty big sequence for him. He stayed under control and found Huerter for 3.
blind prophet
RealGM

Post#27 » by blind prophet » Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:44 am

Don't like the early challenges usually. Save it for crunch time or if someone noteworthy picks up a foul while in foul trouble.
madskillz8
Senior

Post#28 » by madskillz8 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:53 am

City of Trees wrote:
madskillz8 wrote:
blind prophet wrote:

Ellis stealing Davion's minutes has to put the Kings FO on notice. What is the long-term plan? Can you use him to fill another roster need? Fox supermax incoming do you really want to pay that much for his back up? If Ellis can grab hold of the back up spot I think we see Davion moved sooner rather than later.

Fox supermax? Never thought about that before, but didnt like it. He don't need that ugly Versace sweatshirts like Ben Simmons.

We already discussed the importance having some vets as 3rd stringers during the offseason. In that sense, McGee is a great addition - even though he lost his minutes to Len, you can see he's very supportive at the bench and being a leader. And you know he would be ready whenever you need him.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,784

Post#29 » by BoogieTime » Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:03 am

Keegan's defensive improvement is great to see
blind prophet
RealGM

Post#30 » by blind prophet » Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:10 am

Hopefully we can put them away and rest some of our guys at the end of the game.
blind prophet
RealGM

Post#31 » by blind prophet » Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:12 am

Just took a look at the box score

Shooting 60.8% from the floor
51.4 from 3

Hard to beat when we shoot that well.

55.6% from the line though.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,615

Post#32 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:26 am

Sabonis sure does look a lot better when Keegan/Huerter are draining shots!

We couldn't miss tonight! Great game for team to regain momentum.
Lost in LA
Pro Prospect
And1: 160

Post#33 » by Lost in LA » Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:29 am

Barnes a real non factor tonight..
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,784

Post#34 » by BoogieTime » Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:31 am

Keegan being able to guard on the perimeter like that kills multiple birds getting Huerter off the perimeter (hes much better defending SF)
OxAndFox
Analyst
And1: 2,169

Post#35 » by OxAndFox » Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:36 am

Lost in LA wrote:Barnes a real non factor tonight..

Honestly, who cares when we shoot the ball like that? Whoever you are putting in his place is taking away from Keegan/Huerter or Sabonis/Fox. This is an offense that you can be either feast or famine. He is famine ATM

The only thing with Barnes needs to be shooting 40%. Now I know he isn't now, but didn't we learn our lesson on Huerter/Keegan?
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,615

Post#36 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:12 am

OxAndFox wrote:

Honestly, who cares when we shoot the ball like that? Whoever you are putting in his place is taking away from Keegan/Huerter or Sabonis/Fox. This is an offense that you can be either feast or famine. He is famine ATM

The only thing with Barnes needs to be shooting 40%. Now I know he isn't now, but didn't we learn our lesson on Huerter/Keegan?

Ehh.. huerter had a few bad games, but then started picking it up in other areas when his shot wasn't falling. Keegan has been fine other than shooting. Barnes isn't bringing anything. Bad defense, not hitting, looks slow out there.

I'd rather have a limited shooter who can play defense than him right now. He's been bad, but he's also not a fit anymore.
OxAndFox
Analyst
And1: 2,169

Post#37 » by OxAndFox » Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:19 pm

LightTheBeam wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:

Ehh.. huerter had a few bad games, but then started picking it up in other areas when his shot wasn't falling. Keegan has been fine other than shooting. Barnes isn't bringing anything. Bad defense, not hitting, looks slow out there.

I'd rather have a limited shooter who can play defense than him right now. He's been bad, but he's also not a fit anymore.

Let's just see if he comes around. I will keep saying it though, he needs to be moved to the bench and asked to carry the scoring load with Monk. Start Lyles (when he is ready) or Sasha.

Return to Sacramento Kings