ImageImageImageImageImage

2023-2024 Trade Thread

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

OxAndFox
Analyst
And1: 2,169

Re: 2023-2024 Trade Thread 

Post#81 » by OxAndFox » Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:13 pm

I will say though, I'm going to hold my breath until around January 1-2. Barnes can't be dealt until December 29. Lavine is still being held out by the Bulls. Coincidence? I think not. LOL.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,784

Post#82 » by BoogieTime » Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:47 am

OxAndFox wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:
I would rather, can't believe I'm saying this, go after Kuzma than do that. Think I threw up in my mouth a bit.
You would have to add more draft capital, but he would fit better than Lavine.

Yeah, maybe so. Think the deal might still be a pick and a swap, but we know the Kings pursued him as a fit last summer. He would upgrade Barnes for sure and doesn't have the contract or quite the injury history of a LaVine

I was thinking it would cost more than that.
If it were a '25 swap and '26 (or 2 years after the Atl pick is conveyed) protected pick, say top 6-8 then I would do it.
BUT I would need to be confident he isn't coming in here with a gun slingers mindset getting his.
What you need to factor in as well, Barnes shoots the ball 8 times a game. Where are the other shots coming from?
Kevin is already shooting the ball inconsistent and giving him even more inconsistent looks is not the way to go.
Potentially it might be better if it were Kevin/Davion instead of Barnes and bring the latter off the bench. Start Duarte in a 15-18mpg role.

But bonehead Kuzma literally chose the Wizards over the Kings in free agency, and literally will be responsible for the lost picks to acquire him. Kind of a weird situation that you may hold against him
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,545

Post#83 » by codydaze » Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:45 am

It's going to take Huerter and Barnes to get Lavine and I really don't want to do that. Lavine is a talent upgrade but he's an injury risk and the contract is super ugly. I definitely don't want to add picks even though that's likely what it would cost. I would hope that we at least can find a way to get Patrick Williams included as well.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#84 » by BoogieTime » Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:52 am

codydaze wrote:It's going to take Huerter and Barnes to get Lavine and I really don't want to do that. Lavine is a talent upgrade but he's an injury risk and the contract is super ugly. I definitely don't want to add picks even though that's likely what it would cost. I would hope that we at least can find a way to get Patrick Williams included as well.

I think at this point, we should be happy if someone wants their contracts (of course it will take picks).

Air needs to be cleared with them in a big way.

I fear weve waited too long, and will need extra capital to send to move along with them. As of tonight, we may need them to play solid for a stretch to get their value back up
Crimson King
Pro Prospect
And1: 31

Post#85 » by Crimson King » Wed Dec 27, 2023 4:14 pm

Yeah, we need to upgrade both the forward and the SG. It was crystal clear in the last playoffs.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,448

Post#86 » by KF10 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:59 pm

Keegan improved but probably not at the speed that the franchise wanted.

Keegan's improvement in defense is notable but his offense has taken a hit since he is expanding more energy on defense.

I wouldn't give up Keegan so easily but if there is a home run deal for him, he should be available, imo.

Barnes, Huerter, Davion should be on the trading block.

I wonder if we can move Monk into the starting 5 as the starting SG next to Fox and upgrade the 3 and/or 4 spot with those assets listed above.

We probably need someone who is difference maker on defense i.e. legitimate enforcer. If Draymond wasn't legit crazy, he would have been an awesome fit here lol.

I believe we should have went after Dillon Brooks. Should have gave him $$$ instead of Barnes last summer.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#87 » by BoogieTime » Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:41 pm

KF10 wrote:Keegan improved but probably not at the speed that the franchise wanted.

Keegan's improvement in defense is notable but his offense has taken a hit since he is expanding more energy on defense.

I wouldn't give up Keegan so easily but if there is a home run deal for him, he should be available, imo.

Barnes, Huerter, Davion should be on the trading block.

I wonder if we can move Monk into the starting 5 as the starting SG next to Fox and upgrade the 3 and/or 4 spot with those assets listed above.

We probably need someone who is difference maker on defense i.e. legitimate enforcer. If Draymond wasn't legit crazy, he would have been an awesome fit here lol.

I believe we should have went after Dillon Brooks. Should have gave him $$$ instead of Barnes last summer.

I still agree about Keegan, as of today. For a legit difference maker. Lauri, renegotiated and extended? Donovan Mitchell? The issue is still other teams wouldn't value him as Kings fans or the org seems to. They would require uncomfortable picks too
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#88 » by KF10 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:17 pm

BoogieTime wrote:I still agree about Keegan, as of today. For a legit difference maker. Lauri, renegotiated and extended? Donovan Mitchell? The issue is still other teams wouldn't value him as Kings fans or the org seems to. They would require uncomfortable picks too

Mitchell or Lauri will require Keegan in any trade package. Which I would be okay with since those 2 players are legitimate difference makers.

I lean towards to Mitchell since he is an insane offensive talent and had an excellent defensive motor before exploding offensively later in his career.

Keegan, Barnes, Huerter & picks for Mitchell?

Fox
Mitchell
Vezenkov
Lyles
Sabonis

Fox, Mitchell & Sabonis trio would be a HANDFUL for 9/10 teams in the NBA.

Fox & Mitchell can go off 40 at any night, while Sabonis averages nearly a triple-double a game.

The hope is Vezenkov and Lyles work offensively with that core.

Not sure if the Cavs would bite but who knows?
OxAndFox
Analyst

Post#89 » by OxAndFox » Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:10 pm

Not a fan of trying to get Mitchell.
Small guard rotations are a bad idea. And Mitchell would be here for 1.5 seasons and he would be gone.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,545

Post#90 » by codydaze » Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:51 pm

I'm still not giving up Keegan in a deal that would being back Lauri or especially not Donovan Mitchell which would make us an even smaller team than we already are. He had been averaging 20.9/4.7/1.4 with 1.1 steals a night on fantastic splits over the 10 games prior to last night's game. One game is not going to sway me to start talking about trading Keegan.

On the season he's improved his numbers in every statistical way except for some regression in his 3P%. His volume on two point shots has increased on better efficiency and his free throw rate has also increased. This is all in addition to him becoming a legit defender on the wing (his defensive metrics are better than OG's...). I was expecting 16-18 PPG from him this year and hoping to see some improved defense so he is about right in line with what I was expecting. I was not expecting him to turn into Kawhi and elevate this team to contender status over just one offseason and we don't need him to develop that fast.
OxAndFox
Analyst

Post#91 » by OxAndFox » Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:19 am

codydaze wrote:I'm still not giving up Keegan in a deal that would being back Lauri or especially not Donovan Mitchell which would make us an even smaller team than we already are. He had been averaging 20.9/4.7/1.4 with 1.1 steals a night on fantastic splits over the 10 games prior to last night's game. One game is not going to sway me to start talking about trading Keegan.

On the season he's improved his numbers in every statistical way except for some regression in his 3P%. His volume on two point shots has increased on better efficiency and his free throw rate has also increased. This is all in addition to him becoming a legit defender on the wing (his defensive metrics are better than OG's...). I was expecting 16-18 PPG from him this year and hoping to see some improved defense so he is about right in line with what I was expecting. I was not expecting him to turn into Kawhi and elevate this team to contender status over just one offseason and we don't need him to develop that fast.

Would have to agree. Wouldn't say he's off the table, but it needs to something substantial.
I think with the amazing leap Fox has taken may have worn on people's patience with a 2nd year guy. The reality is though he is a quarter of the way through his 2nd season.
Were the Kings meant to make the leap to contender this season? I'm not so sure. Brown has spoken about how hard it is getting from good to great. But Boogie has a good point, when we look to make a move, Huerter and Barnes should have better trade value than what they have and that might hinder the next step.
Crimson King
Pro Prospect
And1: 31

Post#92 » by Crimson King » Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:17 am

For me, Keegan for Lauri would be a mistake. This is not the guy we have to upgrade.
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,248

Post#93 » by blind prophet » Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:56 am

I'm intrigued by this.

the_process wrote:
The money doesn’t quite work with that outgoing for Sacto. What about this?

PHI gets Barnes and Huerter
SAC gets Tobias, Trent, and Springer
TOR gets Veznekov, Duarte, and Mitchell

We get out of the Barnes & Huerter contracts, get a look at Tobias & Trent, maybe Trent's defense gets more consistent here too he has the tools.

Next year we try again in FA or trades if we don't like what we see.

Over at the T&T board Tobias + a first thread.
OxAndFox
Analyst

Post#94 » by OxAndFox » Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:11 am

blind prophet wrote:I'm intrigued by this.

the_process wrote:

We get out of the Barnes & Huerter contracts, get a look at Tobias & Trent, maybe Trent's defense gets more consistent here too he has the tools.

Swap Vezenkov for Lyles and I would do it.
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,248

Post#95 » by blind prophet » Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:12 am

OxAndFox wrote:

the_process wrote:

I know, losing Sasha or Lyles hurts

:lol:

But I take it I think either way.

Too much future salary on the line and Tobias may thrive here at least this season vs Barnes.
OxAndFox
Analyst

Post#96 » by OxAndFox » Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:20 am

blind prophet wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:

I know, losing Sasha or Lyles hurts

:lol:

But I take it I think either way.

Too much future salary on the line and Tobias may thrive here at least this season vs Barnes.

I can see either way for sure. For me, I'm not trading Sasha until we know what we have. He hasn't been allowed to show anything yet. He will break out.

I don't think Philly does this either. They want to be a cap space team and this ruins it.
The Kings wipe almost $53m off the books next year and become a cap space team, but may not be able to sign anyone worthwhile with not enough for Siakam while if reports are true OG doesn't want to come here.
It's an interesting trade for sure as Harris is an underrated player due to his salary and I think he would be great here.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#97 » by KF10 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:00 pm

Yeah, trading away Sasha this soon would be the wrong move, imo.

Gotta give this guy more time and (play time) to see what we have in him.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#98 » by BoogieTime » Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:00 am

Huerter and Barnes are negative contracts, waiting on them wasn't the right move. Now we are stuck with their salaries unless moving out capital
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#99 » by KF10 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:25 pm

OG to the Knicks
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,615

Post#100 » by LightTheBeam » Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:40 pm

I was under the impression Masai wouldn't go for a full tank, but wow.

Quickley seems to be getting a ton of hype, but I'm not sure what makes him any better/more valuable than Monk? Both undersized shooting guard types who can do damage offensively. Really good player, but I never thought Monk had some crazy trade value.

RJ Barrett is an overpaid volume guy. Doesn't really impact the game, not sure he's even positive.. And on top of that they got no real picks.

Now maybe Masai sees Quickley having another level outside Brunson, but that's a crazy gamble or you come to the conclusion that OG just didn't have the value he was hyped to have on this board.

Return to Sacramento Kings