Kings (23-18) vs Hawks (18-24)

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,545

Kings (23-18) vs Hawks (18-24) 

Post#1 » by codydaze » Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:04 am

Kings start the second half of the season by breaking the 4 game losing streak against a Hawks team that will be without their star, Trae Young. Hoping the extended rest did them some good and we see an energized and motivated team tonight to put on a show for the home crowd.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Re: Kings (23-18) vs Hawks (18-24) 

Post#2 » by codydaze » Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:23 am

HB is uber aggressive tonight.
Lost in LA
Pro Prospect
And1: 160

Post#3 » by Lost in LA » Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:46 am

codydaze wrote:HB is uber aggressive tonight.

Maybe trying to increase his trade value...
Lost in LA
Pro Prospect

Post#4 » by Lost in LA » Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:31 am

Fox is very quiet tonight
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#5 » by codydaze » Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:41 am

Lost in LA wrote:Fox is very quiet tonight

Yeah, he really hasn't been himself for like a month now.

Read on Twitter

Energy feels kinda off in this too.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#6 » by City of Trees » Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:44 am

Boxscore watching tonight. What's up with Fox?
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,784

Post#7 » by BoogieTime » Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:56 am

codydaze wrote:

Read on Twitter

I don’t want to continue to poo on him, and he’s had some good moments lately this game, but really?

What is himself? I think he’s been it. His self is having an inconsistent motor. Last year it was many games having no impact til clutch time. The year Tyrese was trade, Walton/Gentry was coaching he was bad all year. Under Joerger in his good second season it was a bad energy game every three to four games.

Am I the only one going to talk about innate motor in the Kings fan base? Has he ever been consistently good?

I think we just realize it, take the good with the bad, and hope Brown/Fox do the best they can with what Fox has naturally to work with and hope Fox is always right come money time (playoffs)
Lost in LA
Pro Prospect

Post#8 » by Lost in LA » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:04 am

Barnes really doing well tonight
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#9 » by codydaze » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:07 am

BoogieTime wrote:
codydaze wrote:

Read on Twitter

I don’t want to continue to poo on him, and he’s had some good moments lately this game, but really?

What is himself? I think he’s been it. His self is having an inconsistent motor. Last year it was many games having no impact til clutch time. The year Tyrese was trade, Walton/Gentry was coaching he was bad all year. Under Joerger in his good second season it was a bad energy game every three to four games.

Am I the only one going to talk about innate motor in the Kings fan base? Has he ever been consistently good?

I think we just realize it, take the good with the bad, and hope Brown/Fox do the best they can with what Fox has naturally to work with and hope Fox is always right come money time (playoffs)

He's an All-NBA caliber player. That is what himself is. That is who he was all year last year and him the first 30 or so games of the season.

I've never seen anyone, any reporter, journalist or any person anywhere question his motor besides you.
Lost in LA
Pro Prospect

Post#10 » by Lost in LA » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:11 am

Doing our best to let Atlanta back into this game
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#11 » by BoogieTime » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:12 am

codydaze wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
codydaze wrote:

Read on Twitter

He's an All-NBA caliber player. That is what himself is. That is who he was all year last year and him the first 30 or so games of the season.

I've never seen anyone, any reporter, journalist or any person anywhere question his motor besides you.

It’s what he was the first 30 games of this season, that’s why I was hoping we weren’t going to be met with the corresponding down times to his up times he’s had all his career
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#12 » by BoogieTime » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:14 am

Barnes/Huerter showing life on this contracts

Good game all around.

I think the losing streak was a bit over emphasized given a lot of teams can lose away at Phi/Mil/PHX
Lost in LA
Pro Prospect

Post#13 » by Lost in LA » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:23 am

Kings making FT's when we do not really need them, just have to do the same when we do.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#14 » by BoogieTime » Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:02 am

BoogieTime wrote:
codydaze wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:

It’s what he was the first 30 games of this season, that’s why I was hoping we weren’t going to be met with the corresponding down times to his up times he’s had all his career

Also, I don’t really see it as disparagement to question his motor, I think if my line of individual thinking were more popular it could help to understand what’s going on

Instead you have Kings fans on twitter either making up injury theories (coming from no one within the Kings or any noticeable impairment on the floor), or faulting Fox on a personal level for “not caring”, not understanding motor is an innate attribute (if I’m right) and will always preclude him from SGA type career. Doesn’t mean he can’t be one of the better PGs in the west for awhile

Fox was exceptional to start the season, and has the tools to be when money time comes. Hopefully he will be right soon to help our playoff chances
OxAndFox
Analyst
And1: 2,169

Post#15 » by OxAndFox » Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:44 am

About time HB pulled out his motor and has now raised his trade value to the league standard, Kings looking for a young player and a 1st, or 2 firsts.
Fox is a bum and the Kings might need to add significant value just to get off his contract. His motor reminds me of the broken down Mitsubishi down the road. Actually Keegan simply isn't showing anything, so dump him too. Can anyone say, Toyota! I mean Keegan, Fox and Sabonis combining for 39 points. At this point I have to call out Monte for his choice of clothing. Think the vest looks better than the jacket, hopefully Vivek isn't meddling again.

Good win, rest up and move on to the next. Important stretch coming up.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#16 » by City of Trees » Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:13 pm

The media strike from Fox coupled with his play could mean there is more going on behind the curtains than we know. This is starting to take me back to the weeks before Hali's trade. Fox also refused to dunk for a year. Maybe he's really unhappy Monk's name was floated around? Idk, for all we know Fox heard his name floated and now he's pouting?
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#17 » by BoogieTime » Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:32 pm

City of Trees wrote:The media strike from Fox coupled with his play could mean there is more going on behind the curtains than we know. This is starting to take me back to the weeks before Hali's trade. Fox also refused to dunk for a year. Maybe he's really unhappy Monk's name was floated around? Idk, for all we know Fox heard his name floated and now he's pouting?

Monk's name was floated around?

Fox heard his name being floated around?

I've heard a lot of potential reasons for his play. Ham is trying to say he is shaken up by Barne's name in rumors as his older vet. But we need to understand how low of a gear Fox has that other all star players simply don't. You just couldn't ask this about Kyrie/Dame etc., because there is no excuse that would make them go to an ineffectual player for this long (and Fox was bad for the 2022 season, and got Walton fired with a horrific start to the season, save post Sabonis). They don't have that gear
Lost in LA
Pro Prospect

Post#18 » by Lost in LA » Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:46 pm

BoogieTime wrote:Barnes/Huerter showing life on this contracts

Good game all around.

I think the losing streak was a bit over emphasized given a lot of teams can lose away at Phi/Mil/PHX

Why don't they run more plays for Barnes?
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,448

Post#19 » by KF10 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:39 pm

Fox has been relatively “not good” in the last 6 weeks or so.

At one point, he was the Kings 30+ ppg all nba player night in and night out that effectively affected the game in a hugely positive way.

If I have to guess, he couldn’t sustain that type of level for a whole season. Also, when the Ls were racking up and consistent bad team play, he was unable to handle the pressure appropriately (see: missed FTs, bad play last 6 weeks, poor internal leadership).

There is something “off” about Fox in the last month or so. The “4th quarter Fox” label hasn’t totally lived up to the billing as last season.

His ppg has been increased but he is shooting more overall fga with less efficiency. But admittedly, his 3pt shot has looked the best it has ever looked ever.

Just a weird season for him so far with a mix of good and bad.

Is Fox in the danger zone in playing out of a super max contract?

Not sure. But this recent stretch isn’t helping his case.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,448

Post#20 » by KF10 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:41 pm

Lost in LA wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:Barnes/Huerter showing life on this contracts

Good game all around.

Why don't they run more plays for Barnes?

When the Kings make the concerted effort to feed Barnes and when Barnes feels up to it, the team simply plays better. Period.

But I have seen this story many times already. Barnes will have this type of games and regress back to his cardio, lackluster play for the next 8 games. :banghead:

Return to Sacramento Kings