ImageImageImageImageImage

Kings (26-18) @ Grizzles (18-28)

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

OxAndFox
Analyst
And1: 2,169

Re: Kings (26-18) @ Grizzles (18-28) 

Post#21 » by OxAndFox » Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:41 am

BoogieTime wrote:Monk really is playing himself to the early bird out there recently… will be interesting to see where that game goes the rest of the way

I don't think GMs sway from game to game. He has either already shown them enough or he has shown them they're right about inconsistency.
The POs are the only way for Monk to rise too high on the market now, which I think he will.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,784

Post#22 » by BoogieTime » Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:22 am

OxAndFox wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:Monk really is playing himself to the early bird out there recently… will be interesting to see where that game goes the rest of the way

I don't think GMs sway from game to game. He has either already shown them enough or he has shown them they're right about inconsistency.
The POs are the only way for Monk to rise too high on the market now, which I think he will.

Players value can go up or down by year. Until recently he looked like a whole new evolved player, this year. And it would fit in line with his age, for him to potentially drastically improve. If he fizzles, it could spell that he just had an abnormally great stretch

Until recently Monk was IMO getting more than the early bird for sure. That can or cannot continue to trend down. A bad/mediocre middle/end to the season can put him back within the realm of possibility for the early bird
OxAndFox
Analyst

Post#23 » by OxAndFox » Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:26 pm

BoogieTime wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:

Players value can go up or down by year. Until recently he looked like a whole new evolved player, this year. And it would fit in line with his age, for him to potentially drastically improve. If he fizzles, it could spell that he just had an abnormally great stretch

Until recently Monk was IMO getting more than the early bird for sure. That can or cannot continue to trend down. A bad/mediocre middle/end to the season can put him back within the realm of possibility for the early bird

Nope. Not how the real world works unfortunately. You see Monk has proven his play in the POs last season and if he sniffs that again someone will overpay. At the same time a GM has surely looked at him and said, no thanks, still too many mistakes for my liking. No one knows just yet what he can command and/or what he will get.
Front offices have loads of data. They don't fly off the handle at a small sample, whether it be good, great or anything else. They look at a body of work, their skillset and how it can help their program etc.
Teams DO NOT go from, lets say for arguments sake, we will offer him 4/110m to 3/53m in a handful of games.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#24 » by BoogieTime » Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:30 pm

OxAndFox wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:

Nope. Not how the real world works unfortunately. You see Monk has proven his play in the POs last season and if he sniffs that again someone will overpay. At the same time a GM has surely looked at him and said, no thanks, still too many mistakes for my liking. No one knows just yet what he can command and/or what he will get.
Front offices have loads of data. They don't fly off the handle at a small sample, whether it be good, great or anything else. They look at a body of work, their skillset and how it can help their program etc.
Teams DO NOT go from, lets say for arguments sake, we will offer him 4/110m to 3/53m in a handful of games.

who said they did?

Are you taking my sentences too literally?

Playing himself to the early bird means if this continues as a trend through the year.
OxAndFox
Analyst

Post#25 » by OxAndFox » Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:36 pm

BoogieTime wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:

who said they did?

Playing himself to the early bird means if this continues as a trend through the year.

Cool Boogie. One more game of poor play and he might be playing himself to the MLE. Not literally of course, just figuratively.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#26 » by BoogieTime » Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:08 pm

OxAndFox wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:

who said they did?

Cool Boogie. One more game of poor play and he might be playing himself to the MLE. Not literally of course, just figuratively.

'playing' is the operative word here. not played.

he's playing in a direction that will take him to the early bird (after awhile). so now you know what I'm trying to convey hopefully

Return to Sacramento Kings