ImageImageImageImageImage

Kings (27-18) @ Heat (24-23)

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,616

Re: Kings (27-18) @ Heat (24-23) 

Post#41 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Feb 1, 2024 5:52 pm

This is why it's so important to actually watch the games.

The month of January where he's been "very very bad" he's averaging 22.5 / 3.5 / 4.5. His fg and 3pt shooting percentages tanked, and people act like he's just consistently settled for 3s all month.

December (where he was on fire)
13 games - 278 fgs attempted - 119 3s

January
15 games - 281 fgs attempted - 95 3s

Meaning he shot more at the rim/mid range this month while "his motor" has been in question. The shots just aren't falling.

Good/great players have slumps. Maybe you notice fox's more because you watch more kings games. As for the lower assist numbers, it's pretty evident this month that he's deferred to sabonis/monk and more recently we had Huerter/Barnes come back to life. A quick look at sabonis splits proves this is where the extra 1-2 fox assists went.

This again is why it's very important to actually watch the games.

I mean look at kawhi, bad November and clippers were laughing stock, now they've rattled off tons of wins. Didn't hear any clippers fans questioning "his motor" na, they gave him an extension during that time.

Reality is kings have been playing most the year without a backup pg. With Fox and at times Monk being the only guys who can go get a shot. That's not sustainable an entire season for his crash play style.

But na let's just question the guys motor some more without actually watching him play or putting any human context into it. Lol
OxAndFox
Analyst
And1: 2,169

Post#42 » by OxAndFox » Thu Feb 1, 2024 10:08 pm

BoogieTime wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:Having read through the 7 pages of the game thread on KingsFans there isn't anything about motor. There's some talk about his poor performance. Maybe you can put the first one in there, but was anyone aggressive against the Heat? Boogie...who was aggressive against the Heat in this one?

**** is fox doing the tram obviously needs you to get aggressive and take over

dont think the kings win this if fox doesn't wake up soon.

Fox is a total disaster today …

Doesn't mention anything about motor. There are 2 people that were overly critical of Fox, and rightfully so, he shot like crap. But not one mentioned motor. Is this just what you have made up?

Don't forget there were other comments about Sabonis waking up too. It's not talking about his motor. It's talking about missing point blank shots, FTs etc.
Same goes for Barnes.

Are you cherry picking? I just looked at the last page.

Call the front office and tell them to give :
Vezenkov , Lin , Duarte , Ellis , Kesslar and Jones to have the almighty Smith in ... (we are not using those 6 anyway)
Lets just pray that this Smith will turn Lyles , HB , DM and Monk to wake up again ... (higly foubt that two of those can at all ... )
Not sure why but nobody is worried how big whole is Lyles at the moment ... He is getting ave 18/19 minutes per game while last 10 games he is under 5 points ave ...
Same with Barnes , he played 3 excellent games and now we will have to wait another 15/20 for the next good game ...
Mitchel is pretty much pathetic every time he is on the floor ( he did well with GS)
Since Bucks burnout Monk is not the same
Fox is missing already for a while ...
But all of this will change with a new defensive player !?
Team is good at the moment , wasting many players for one is not the solution ... Coach is there to see all of the above and change the players accrodingly to their performance not the be ice cold stuburn with 5/6 guys and that is all

206Fan said:
All of these bad games are starting to pile up for Fox. When is it acceptable to start freaking out about how disengaged he's look like all month long?

It feels like he's giving us the same level of effort during the Haliburton era.
He's coming off an excellent 3-game stretch, so not like it's just been a month long of suck. Very much looked like he snapped out of his slump, only to jump right back into a stinker in this one.

But I think does highlight that Fox simply cannot just take games off and play this poorly. Done it far too often the last 15 games and it just flat out sinks us. Reality is that Fox as a top 15 player, has to show up with 25-5-5, 90%+ of the time. And certainly can't have games where your shooting just sinks the team

Point to the word motor in there.
OxAndFox
Analyst

Post#43 » by OxAndFox » Thu Feb 1, 2024 10:19 pm

LightTheBeam wrote:This is why it's so important to actually watch the games.

The month of January where he's been "very very bad" he's averaging 22.5 / 3.5 / 4.5. His fg and 3pt shooting percentages tanked, and people act like he's just consistently settled for 3s all month.

January

Meaning he shot more at the rim/mid range this month while "his motor" has been in question. The shots just aren't falling.

Good/great players have slumps. Maybe you notice fox's more because you watch more kings games. As for the lower assist numbers, it's pretty evident this month that he's deferred to sabonis/monk and more recently we had Huerter/Barnes come back to life. A quick look at sabonis splits proves this is where the extra 1-2 fox assists went.

I mean look at kawhi, bad November and clippers were laughing stock, now they've rattled off tons of wins. Didn't hear any clippers fans questioning "his motor" na, they gave him an extension during that time.

Reality is kings have been playing most the year without a backup pg. With Fox and at times Monk being the only guys who can go get a shot. That's not sustainable an entire season for his crash play style.

But na let's just question the guys motor some more without actually watching him play or putting any human context into it. Lol

Excellent analysis.
I questioned Fox getting to the rim during this poor streak and was positive he was substituting shots at the rim where he was scoring at will early in the season and then all of a sudden decided to shoot mid range shots.
The stats don't back that up though. There are peaks and valleys sure, but it's been pretty consistent TBH. He's just not making the shots at the moment.
Against Miami he tried to shoot himself out of it. He has done it successfully a lot this season so it's hard to question it too much.

If watching the games means "making excuses" instead of looking at what's happening and making a judgment (with lower energy factored in) then yeah, put me down as the person making excuses.

No wonder Boogie doesn't think anything is wrong with Fox. He doesn't see him on the court. Can you tell us how many times Fox has grabbed at his right shoulder over the last month?
We get it. Fox isn't allowed to have a slump. Fox - Slump = Bad Motor. Anyone else - slump = out of form.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,616

Post#44 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Feb 1, 2024 11:55 pm

OxAndFox wrote:

January

Excellent analysis.
I questioned Fox getting to the rim during this poor streak and was positive he was substituting shots at the rim where he was scoring at will early in the season and then all of a sudden decided to shoot mid range shots.
The stats don't back that up though. There are peaks and valleys sure, but it's been pretty consistent TBH. He's just not making the shots at the moment.
Against Miami he tried to shoot himself out of it. He has done it successfully a lot this season so it's hard to question it too much.

If watching the games means "making excuses" instead of looking at what's happening and making a judgment (with lower energy factored in) then yeah, put me down as the person making excuses.

No wonder Boogie doesn't think anything is wrong with Fox. He doesn't see him on the court. Can you tell us how many times Fox has grabbed at his right shoulder over the last month?
We get it. Fox isn't allowed to have a slump. Fox - Slump = Bad Motor. Anyone else - slump = out of form.

I'm not even going to say that he hasn't had games where he was low energy. There was definitely a streak of games earlier this month that I think were like that. But that is damn near the entire league, there's plenty of games we see Barnes post up in a corner or wonder what the hell Huerter/Murray are doing... It's just beyond annoying to only hear about when it's Fox.

This is the difference between real questioning and straight up hating. When Sabonis struggled his ass off against the Warriors and got dominated by Looney, fans had every right to question how this could be corrected. We all concluded that if Sabonis could learn to shoot a mid-range/3pt shot he wouldn't face that issue nearly as often where he can be schemed out of games. This season Sabonis has really really struggled when teams go small and double him, he needs to get better dealing with that. I don't sit there and question his "motor" or IQ because he hasn't learned how to shoot mid-range or deal with a smaller defender. I question what he can do to get better.

A hater focuses on only the negatives because it continues to drive their hating narrative. A fan would ask, why is it that fox hits these slumps for 10 games out of 82? Well many factors, maybe we should add another player who we can rely on in the 4th quarter so he doesn't have to over work himself for 35 games to keep us winning. Maybe he's dealing with a shoulder injury as you pointed out.

But again to a hater, it's not convenient to acknowledge those things.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,784

Post#45 » by BoogieTime » Fri Feb 2, 2024 2:56 am

OxAndFox wrote:

January

Excellent analysis.

Your going to continue with the not watching nonsense after I said I didn't watch the game?

Yeah, lets talk about his shoulder when its not been reported at all anywhere and it seemingly hardly affects anything instead of hold his play accountable
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#46 » by BoogieTime » Fri Feb 2, 2024 3:09 am

LightTheBeam wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:

January

Excellent analysis.

I'm not even going to say that he hasn't had games where he was low energy. There was definitely a streak of games earlier this month that I think were like that. But that is damn near the entire league, there's plenty of games we see Barnes post up in a corner or wonder what the hell Huerter/Murray are doing... It's just beyond annoying to only hear about when it's Fox.

This is the difference between real questioning and straight up hating. When Sabonis struggled his ass off against the Warriors and got dominated by Looney, fans had every right to question how this could be corrected. We all concluded that if Sabonis could learn to shoot a mid-range/3pt shot he wouldn't face that issue nearly as often where he can be schemed out of games. This season Sabonis has really really struggled when teams go small and double him, he needs to get better dealing with that. I don't sit there and question his "motor" or IQ because he hasn't learned how to shoot mid-range or deal with a smaller defender. I question what he can do to get better.

A hater focuses on only the negatives because it continues to drive their hating narrative. A fan would ask, why is it that fox hits these slumps for 10 games out of 82? Well many factors, maybe we should add another player who we can rely on in the 4th quarter so he doesn't have to over work himself for 35 games to keep us winning. Maybe he's dealing with a shoulder injury as you pointed out.

But again to a hater, it's not convenient to acknowledge those things.

I don’t question why, as IMO I’ve chronicled an inconsistent motor is entire career.

From showing low energy the entire rookie/2022 seasons when the team didn’t have the option of moving him over Tyrese because his contract was questionable, to even you attempting to see the issue last year by noting he was “saving himself” for most of the first three quarters last year by going supernova in clutch time. Other seasons like his second year he had a sporadic non energy game from my vantage.

I’m sure what your saying about being possibly overworked can literally apply to how many good players in the league, and they aren’t going (10 games? Is that correct and are we halfway) long stints not being effective.

I can say the same about a “lover”. Fans could look at the last month and say it was largely unacceptable and Fox didn’t look right, and that yesterday’s performance was unacceptable. A potential “lover” would look for excuses.

I was on here gushing about Fox’s first stint to open the season, and even saying he was playing better than Sabonis. I have no reason to want to “hate” til seeing things to hate. Is Sabonis’ shortcomings leading to any continued negative ramifications now? I largely thought Sabonis helped us get to the playoffs last year, so my rope in the GS series could’ve been that more generous
OxAndFox
Analyst

Post#47 » by OxAndFox » Fri Feb 2, 2024 3:15 am

BoogieTime wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:

January

Excellent analysis.

Your going to continue with the not watching nonsense after I said I didn't watch the game?

Yeah, lets talk about his shoulder when its not been reported at all anywhere and it seemingly hardly affects anything instead of hold his play accountable

It was spoken about on the broadcast if you bothered watching. FFS. This is what the point is.
It looks to ME that his shoulder hurts on occasion when he is going up for a jump shot. It's like getting a stinger. It doesn't bother him enough to sit out and obviously, he can play through it. It doesn't mean there's no discomfort there. It doesn't mean it's uncomfortable all of the time. Doesn't even mean it hurts on every jump shot. It does show perhaps why he is using jump shots in close compared to going all the way to the cup. It would be something that he is getting treatment on and will come good.

Again. If you watched the games you might be able to see that and you don't watch very often it would seem. The amount of times you mention you have switched the game off early on shows that. Don't you think?
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#48 » by BoogieTime » Fri Feb 2, 2024 3:39 am

OxAndFox wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:
Excellent analysis.

It was spoken about on the broadcast if you bothered watching. FFS. This is what the point is.
It looks to ME that his shoulder hurts on occasion when he is going up for a jump shot. It's like getting a stinger. It doesn't bother him enough to sit out and obviously, he can play through it. It doesn't mean there's no discomfort there. It doesn't mean it's uncomfortable all of the time. Doesn't even mean it hurts on every jump shot. It does show perhaps why he is using jump shots in close compared to going all the way to the cup. It would be something that he is getting treatment on and will come good.

Again. If you watched the games you might be able to see that and you don't watch very often it would seem. The amount of times you mention you have switched the game off early on shows that. Don't you think?

since we cant rewind the broadcast lets see it anywhere in print

surely if there is any type of nagging injury sinking the guys game someone somewhere would be reporting it?
OxAndFox
Analyst

Post#49 » by OxAndFox » Fri Feb 2, 2024 6:26 am

BoogieTime wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:

surely if there is any type of nagging injury sinking the guys game someone somewhere would be reporting it?

No one is saying it's sinking his game. You just made that up. Stop with your hyperbolic statements from what people are saying.
It's also not something the team reports on or wants to report on. Do you think they want everyone to know what's wrong with a player when they plan on him playing through something? What so they can target it?
As I said, it's something he can play through and not get worse, unless, you know a player targets it. Jump shots have less physical attention from the opposition than driving for a lay up and leaving his right side exposed.

I'm not sure if you've had a 7 footer crash into you before on a lay up, but on occasion it F'ing hurts and the hardwood doesn't get softer the higher you're up.
Oh but you're right, every player gets hit the same.

Drives Per Game
Month/NBA Rank/Per Game
October - #3 - 18.0
November - #3 - 18.7
December - #16 - 14.8
January - #19 - 13.7
Total - #11 - 15.5

#9 in FTA on drives. Was #1 in this category earlier in the season. Actually, he was basically #1 across the board on drives. It slowed down when he started his "slump".
You seem to think he has gone away from this because he can't be stuffed.

Haven't even mentioned the effort and production he has had on the defensive end this season. But hey, just motor.

I'm more of the opinion he is gassed and his body is banged up. It's the dog days of the season. I'm guessing you believe Monk has motor issues too? Lyles? HB? Huerter? Don't say it's because Fox has a history, because so do all of the players I just mentioned.

Worst month
Fox - 22.5/3.3/4.5 (January)
PG13 - 23.4/5.3/2.4 (January)
Steph - 24.5/3.6/4.8 (December)
Ant - 24.7/4.8/5.4 (January)
KD - 25.2/6.6/5.2 (January)
Towns - 20.1/9.6/2.8 (December)
Lillard - 23.6/4.1/6.6 (January)

See anything in common? No, not that all the others were named to the AS team.

Still waiting on the poll my friend.

Can you question a players "motor" if you don't watch the game?
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#50 » by BoogieTime » Fri Feb 2, 2024 7:23 am

OxAndFox wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:

No one is saying it's sinking his game. You just made that up. Stop with your hyperbolic statements from what people are saying.
It's also not something the team reports on or wants to report on. Do you think they want everyone to know what's wrong with a player when they plan on him playing through something? What so they can target it?
As I said, it's something he can play through and not get worse, unless, you know a player targets it. Jump shots have less physical attention from the opposition than driving for a lay up and leaving his right side exposed.

I'm not sure if you've had a 7 footer crash into you before on a lay up, but on occasion it F'ing hurts and the hardwood doesn't get softer the higher you're up.

Drives Per Game
Month/NBA Rank/Per Game
October - #3 - 18.0
November - #3 - 18.7
December - #16 - 14.8
January - #19 - 13.7
Total - #11 - 15.5

#9 in FTA on drives. Was #1 in this category earlier in the season. Actually, he was basically #1 across the board on drives. It slowed down when he started his "slump".

Haven't even mentioned the effort and production he has had on the defensive end this season. But hey, just motor.

I'm more of the opinion he is gassed and his body is banged up. It's the dog days of the season. I'm guessing you believe Monk has motor issues too? Lyles? HB? Huerter? Don't say it's because Fox has a history, because so do all of the players I just mentioned.

Worst month

I’m saying it’s sinking his game. And until it’s reported by someone somewhere your just making excuses for his poor play. If there is nothing to substantiate it, there is no reason to talk about it instead of holding him accountable

Yes, being “gassed up” isn’t an excuse, all players go through it and it doesn’t result in a dip like Fox has experienced IMO. The fanbases of those teams aren’t collectively wondering what is happening with their player and those players don’t experience the depths of yesterdays game IMO
OxAndFox
Analyst

Post#51 » by OxAndFox » Fri Feb 2, 2024 7:33 am

BoogieTime wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:

Drives Per Game
Month/NBA Rank/Per Game
October - #3 - 18.0
November - #3 - 18.7
December - #16 - 14.8
January - #19 - 13.7
Total - #11 - 15.5

Worst month

I’m saying it’s sinking his game. And until it’s reported by someone somewhere your just making excuses for his poor play

Yes, being “gassed up” isn’t an excuse, all players go through it and it doesn’t result in a dip like Fox has experienced IMO

Oh boy. I just showed you all these stars resulting in a similar dip like Fox, in the same month. WTF are you playing at? Are you just deliberately playing dumb? I mean honestly dude, you only believe it when it's written on a message board right? It was right there, like stats, just think of it like a box score.

That's it for me. I'm out. Have a good one man. No wonder no one posts on here anymore.

BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#52 » by BoogieTime » Fri Feb 2, 2024 7:39 am

OxAndFox wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:

Drives Per Game
Month/NBA Rank/Per Game
October - #3 - 18.0
November - #3 - 18.7
December - #16 - 14.8
January - #19 - 13.7
Total - #11 - 15.5

Worst month

I’m saying it’s sinking his game. And until it’s reported by someone somewhere your just making excuses for his poor play

Yes, being “gassed up” isn’t an excuse, all players go through it and it doesn’t result in a dip like Fox has experienced IMO

Oh boy. I just showed you all these stars resulting in a similar dip like Fox, in the same month. WTF are you playing at? Are you just deliberately playing dumb? I mean honestly dude, you only believe it when it's written on a message board right? It was right there, like stats, just think of it like a box score.

That's it for me. I'm out. Have a good one man. No wonder no one posts on here anymore.

Who cares about watching one game? I know his career, stats from yesterday, and general opinion of the fan base about it.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#53 » by BoogieTime » Fri Feb 2, 2024 8:37 am

OxAndFox wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
OxAndFox wrote:

Drives Per Game
Month/NBA Rank/Per Game
October - #3 - 18.0
November - #3 - 18.7
December - #16 - 14.8
January - #19 - 13.7
Total - #11 - 15.5

Worst month

And are you playing dumb?

Now that I’ve actually had a time to go through your stats I see nothing close of the precipitous drop Fox experienced from ~30/6 on good efficiency to what he did in January??? All those stats above seem still in the same vicinity of their season (though Beal probably hurt KD’s stats?)

Return to Sacramento Kings