ImageImageImageImageImage

The Race to Stay Out of the Play In

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,782

Re: The Race to Stay Out of the Play In 

Post#21 » by BoogieTime » Mon Apr 1, 2024 4:38 am

Its now the race to have homecourt in the playin, which will be much needed.... not sure we can hang on
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,536

Post#22 » by codydaze » Mon Apr 1, 2024 4:47 am

BoogieTime wrote:Its now the race to have homecourt in the playin, which will be much needed.... not sure we can hang on

I think if we can finish 4-4 including a win against Phoenix we can hang on to homecourt since we'd own the tiebreaker against them. I think that record is definitely doable as well, if we can beat Phoenix, Portland and Brooklyn then we just need to steal one more. Having Lyles and Sasha back helps.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#23 » by codydaze » Mon Apr 1, 2024 5:45 pm

Fourth update made to the main posts. At this point I think we are trying to retain home court advantage for the play in and I'm confident 48 wins guarantees us that but 47 I think can get it done too if one of those wins comes against Phoenix to secure the tiebreaker.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#24 » by BoogieTime » Mon Apr 1, 2024 5:58 pm

need homecourt, because I am not confident in playing the Lakers or Warriors who are probably playing better than us, especially injured (even with the Lakers sweep)
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#25 » by BoogieTime » Tue Apr 2, 2024 6:34 pm

It’s guess the Suns aren’t playing around, even with their schedule. This will be tight
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,004

Post#26 » by OGSactownballer » Wed Apr 3, 2024 9:36 pm

I am holding my opinion at this point as to everything.

Playoff spot at six. Play in (with home court or otherwise) or whatever. The only two teams out of this that make me feel nervous are NOP and GSW.

I am waiting to see what happens with NOP in this upcoming game. Between Ingram (who ALWAYS kills us) being out and no longer having a sieve at SG so CJ can be checked, I feel really good about the matchup because those two are our kryptonite against that team.

The Dubs are goi g to be the toughest way to go. Especially after last years playoff loss to them. They are healthy, have integrated their young legs and have the experience to cheat their way to a win by “getting physical” and simply hammering everyone to open up Curry like game seven last year. They are desperate and they will do whatever it takes. That said, I would also not be surprised if the Kings came out and polished the gym floor with them as a retribution.

Anyone else I feel like it’s pretty much effort and how it falls out.
OxAndFox
Analyst
And1: 2,145

Post#27 » by OxAndFox » Thu Apr 4, 2024 11:12 am

OGSactownballer wrote:I am holding my opinion at this point as to everything.

Playoff spot at six. Play in (with home court or otherwise) or whatever. The only two teams out of this that make me feel nervous are NOP and GSW.

I am waiting to see what happens with NOP in this upcoming game. Between Ingram (who ALWAYS kills us) being out and no longer having a sieve at SG so CJ can be checked, I feel really good about the matchup because those two are our kryptonite against that team.

The Dubs are goi g to be the toughest way to go. Especially after last years playoff loss to them. They are healthy, have integrated their young legs and have the experience to cheat their way to a win by “getting physical” and simply hammering everyone to open up Curry like game seven last year. They are desperate and they will do whatever it takes. That said, I would also not be surprised if the Kings came out and polished the gym floor with them as a retribution.

Anyone else I feel like it’s pretty much effort and how it falls out.

Would have to agree. Still believe the Kings can make it through to #6 the way they're playing.

Realistically I don't have too much fear against any team in a play off series. Not suggesting the Kings will absolutely beat any team in the POs, but I don't think any team is so far above the Kings that it couldn't go either way. The play in is a whole different story. Too easy to either have an off game or have an "off" game if you know what I mean.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#28 » by BoogieTime » Fri Apr 5, 2024 2:53 am

I was going to re alter my schedule for the home play in game, but im not confident I will have to do that at this point.. competitors are hot, and our schedule isn't easy
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#29 » by BoogieTime » Mon Apr 8, 2024 2:04 am

With the suns and pelicans remaining schedules, we are amazingly still somewhat in bound for 6. need SGA to be out for that Thunder game, hopefully
madskillz8
Senior
And1: 615

Post#30 » by madskillz8 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 2:38 am

Easy. Win the remaining 4 games, including PHO & NOP at home, and grab the 6th spot.

The problem is we somehow lost every critical game lately, thus 1-3 (9th spot) seems more likely than 4-0 (6th spot) at this point. I hope I'm wrong.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#31 » by codydaze » Mon Apr 8, 2024 4:39 am

We definitely need to win out to have a chance at the 6. I'm not sure we get there, I'm more concerned staying in the 7/8 spot, having two shots to win one game sounds a whole heck of a lot better than needing to win two straight.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#32 » by codydaze » Mon Apr 8, 2024 4:41 pm

Like I said, we need to win out if we want a shot at the 6 seed. Here are the remaining games:
Thunder - Could possibly be without SGA and JWill
Pelicans - Going to be without Brandon Ingram
Suns - Second night of a B2B
Blazers - Should be the "gimme" of the last four but they did blow us out this year so who knows

If we can finish the year 4-0 the Pels could finish 2-1 in their final three and we would still jump them. They play:
Blazers
Warriors
Lakers

The Suns could finish 3-0 in their final three if we win out and we would still finish above them.

To guarantee a finish in the 8 spot, we need 48 wins though so we have to finish at least 3-1 to avoid falling behind the Lakers if they win their final three games. They play:
Warriors
Grizzlies
Pelicans
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,575

Post#33 » by LightTheBeam » Mon Apr 8, 2024 9:39 pm

Man it is so heart warming to see Colby + Keon getting minutes, while Barnes rides the pine for majority of the game. Shame that Monk had to get hurt. But you can really see the defensive potential we have with Fox, Colby, Keon, Mitchell, Murray all being + on that side of the ball.

I really don't know what to expect the last 4 games. We could win out, 1-3, 2-2, and about nothing would surprise me. It sucks that we have continually gotten the bad end of the stick on officiating (NY & Dal FT differential, Boston missed call) or else we would have 6 in our hands.
Lost in LA
Pro Prospect
And1: 160

Post#34 » by Lost in LA » Tue Apr 9, 2024 4:15 am

LightTheBeam wrote:Man it is so heart warming to see Colby + Keon getting minutes, while Barnes rides the pine for majority of the game. Shame that Monk had to get hurt. But you can really see the defensive potential we have with Fox, Colby, Keon, Mitchell, Murray all being + on that side of the ball.

I really don't know what to expect the last 4 games. We could win out, 1-3, 2-2, and about nothing would surprise me. It sucks that we have continually gotten the bad end of the stick on officiating (NY & Dal FT differential, Boston missed call) or else we would have 6 in our hands.

to say nothing of losing to the Pistons, WIzards, Hornets et al...
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#35 » by BoogieTime » Tue Apr 9, 2024 4:28 am

codydaze wrote:We definitely need to win out to have a chance at the 6. I'm not sure we get there, I'm more concerned staying in the 7/8 spot, having two shots to win one game sounds a whole heck of a lot better than needing to win two straight.

I forgot the format, yeah its pretty important
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#36 » by BoogieTime » Tue Apr 9, 2024 5:22 pm

SGA playing, line is -5.5 and that sucks
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#37 » by BoogieTime » Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:07 am

These last four of five showed how much will this team has this season. I fully anticipate being bounced by a hotter Warriors/Lakers/Suns as the 9/10. At least I wont have to make plans to attend. Big changes needed
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#38 » by BoogieTime » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:13 am

now that I'm recovered from the game, I guess we still have a nice chance of staying in the top 8. Looks like New Orleans will be playing for something at home versus the Lakers at home while we should easily beat Portland
kevin44
Senior
And1: 8

Post#39 » by kevin44 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:21 pm

This team will be lucky to win one play in game. I stated before the season started Barnes had to go. Instead of getting this team a 3rd key player they extended Sabonis and resigned Barnes.
Lost in LA
Pro Prospect
And1: 160

Post#40 » by Lost in LA » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:41 am

Refs helped ensure we play the Pelicans if we beat Golden State Free throws were 29-15 in favor of the road team.

Return to Sacramento Kings