And1: 4,536

Re: Suns (47-33) @ Kings (45-35) 

Post#25 » by codydaze » Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:03 am

BoogieTime wrote:
codydaze wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:Fox cost us the game with his season long bad clutch play

Stop.

stop what?

Fox did not cost us this game. Domas turns it over with a minute left for Phoenix to cut it to two, then fouls KD for them to tie it and then fouls Nurk for them to take the lead. If any one person is to blame it would be Sabonis.
Lost in LA
Pro Prospect
And1: 160

Post#26 » by Lost in LA » Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:04 am

Lack of depth showing, Fox and Sabonis both look beat up. We need more set plays form the bench, and stop this 3 chucking tendency
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,781

Post#27 » by BoogieTime » Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:05 am

codydaze wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
codydaze wrote:
Stop.

stop what?

Fox did not cost us this game. Domas turns it over with a minute left for Phoenix to cut it to two, then fouls KD for them to tie it and then fouls Nurk for them to take the lead. If any one person is to blame it would be Sabonis.

One person is injured, and fighting to stay in the game.... Domas is physically out of sorts..

What is Fox's excuse for not being clutch all year? And my reticence with him having the ball the last two possessions?

They both did. But Domas did his job having the team in the position it was in and was fighting physically.. I haven't liked Fox's lack of 4th quarter this year at all
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#28 » by codydaze » Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:14 am

BoogieTime wrote:
codydaze wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
stop what?

One person is injured, and fighting to stay in the game.... Domas is physically out of sorts..

What is Fox's excuse for not being clutch all year? And my reticence with him having the ball the last two possessions?

They both did. But Domas did his job having the team in the position it was in and was fighting physically.. I haven't liked Fox's lack of 4th quarter this year at all

You simply don't like Fox and that's okay but excusing Domas for his stretch to end this game because of an injury but refusing to ever acknowledge Fox was playing through a banged up shoulder earlier in the year is just hypocritical.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#29 » by BoogieTime » Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:17 am

codydaze wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
codydaze wrote:

You simply don't like Fox and that's okay but excusing Domas for his stretch to end this game because of an injury but refusing to ever acknowledge Fox was playing through a banged up shoulder earlier in the year is just hypocritical.

I'm not excusing him, but does he make those plays if he isn't injured? He's fighting to stay in the game, and may have a diagnosis.

My reaction is more for the course of the year. Fox last season was clutch player of the year, not Sabonis. And now my reaction over the course of this year is he will do what he did in the clutch, which is dismaying.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#30 » by BoogieTime » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:05 am

codydaze wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
codydaze wrote:

And why are you excusing Fox going 0-3 in possessions in the last minute and soundly not repeating his clutch play from last year?

You simply seem to like Fox. What is your opinion of his 2024 inefficiency (9-23 with 2 its tonight) and what you have seen from him in the clutch?
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#31 » by codydaze » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:05 am

BoogieTime wrote:
codydaze wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:

And why are you excusing Fox going 0-3 in possessions in the last minute and soundly not repeating his clutch play from last year?

You simply seem to like Fox. What is your opinion of his 2024 inefficiency (9-23 with 2 its tonight) and what you have seen from him in the clutch?

I'm not excusing anything, he was unbelievable in the clutch last year and that is a very difficult thing to duplicate. I also don't blame him, or any one particular player, for a loss like you consistently do for Fox.

His efficiency (56.6 TS%) is right around where guys like Tyrese Maxey (57.1 TS%), Fred VanVleet (56.8 TS%) and Darius Garland (55.8 TS%) are while being second in the league in steals. I think he's fallen in love with the three a little too much and needs to get more looks at the rim but he's still having a really, really good season, ranked #17 in EPM and #28 in LEBRON which heavily favors bigs (Drummond is #30 and Love is #17). I think without Fox, we are down in the standings with the likes of Portland, Detroit and Washington.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#32 » by BoogieTime » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:22 am

codydaze wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
codydaze wrote:

I'm not excusing anything, he was unbelievable in the clutch last year and that is a very difficult thing to duplicate. I also don't blame him, or any one particular player, for a loss like you consistently do for Fox.

His efficiency (56.6 TS%) is right around where guys like Tyrese Maxey (57.1 TS%), Fred VanVleet (56.8 TS%) and Darius Garland (55.8 TS%) are while being second in the league in steals. I think he's fallen in love with the three a little too much and needs to get more looks at the rim but he's still having a really, really good season, ranked #17 in EPM and #28 in LEBRON which heavily favors bigs (Drummond is #30 and Love is #17). I think without Fox, we are down in the standings with the likes of Portland, Detroit and Washington.

I thought I saw others doing that before I chimed in.

I'm not sure pointing to other inefficient players make the case. But even if Fox is only somewhat inefficient for the year, does that speak to 2024 given his vert hot Nov/Dec start? I highly disagree that your thinking on Fox's impact. think thats around Domas impact (so does NBA.com mvp ladder), and what has happened since the day he arrived (not Fox who has previously been here on bad teams). NBA.com sees the roster, Domas' help and Domas impact like I do. I'm more into wondering how positive Fox on balance he's been for the year. But I guess thats fandom. Very different views.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#33 » by codydaze » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:41 am

BoogieTime wrote:
codydaze wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:

I'm not sure pointing to other inefficient players make the case. But even if Fox is only somewhat inefficient for the year, does that speak to 2024 given his vert hot Nov/Dec start? I highly disagree that your thinking on Fox's impact. think thats around Domas impact (so does NBA.com mvp ladder), and what has happened since the day he arrived (not Fox who has previously been here on bad teams). NBA.com sees the roster, Domas' help and Domas impact like I do. I'm more into wondering how positive Fox on balance he's been for the year. But I guess thats fandom. Very different views.

To be honest, NBA.com's MVP ladder holds zero significance to me. I'm more concerned with numbers and, yes, his efficiency has dipped a bit mostly due to him not finishing at the rim as well (he finished at the rim at 80% past year which is absurd for a PG) and his free throw percentage regressing. I think it would be difficult to argue that someone top 10 in scoring and top 2 in steals doesn't have a positive impact. I get you wanting more from him, but what does more look like? Him being a top 10 player in the league? I don't think anyone here would be opposed to that but it's not exactly an easy thing to do.

And by the way, Domas and Fox have the same number of playoff appearances as starters. Indiana missed the playoffs the three years he moved into the starting lineup. It's almost like they complement each other well?
Lost in LA
Pro Prospect
And1: 160

Post#34 » by Lost in LA » Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 pm

Fox and Sabonis both need help at their core positions. it is hard for Fox to be both the primary ball carrier and scorer, and Sabonis needs help around both rims as the Kings do not have a real 4. The Kings have looked best recently with Keon and Davion doing the ball handling, and defending the other team's best guard. Fox gets worn down, and may want to put ona a little more muscle for next year. Sabonis does not seem to recognixe/handle zones well, and the coaches need to work with him on this.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#35 » by BoogieTime » Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:42 am

codydaze wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
codydaze wrote:

To be honest, NBA.com's MVP ladder holds zero significance to me. I'm more concerned with numbers and, yes, his efficiency has dipped a bit mostly due to him not finishing at the rim as well (he finished at the rim at 80% past year which is absurd for a PG) and his free throw percentage regressing. I think it would be difficult to argue that someone top 10 in scoring and top 2 in steals doesn't have a positive impact. I get you wanting more from him, but what does more look like? Him being a top 10 player in the league? I don't think anyone here would be opposed to that but it's not exactly an easy thing to do.

And by the way, Domas and Fox have the same number of playoff appearances as starters. Indiana missed the playoffs the three years he moved into the starting lineup. It's almost like they complement each other well?

For the record, I have no reason do "not like" Fox. I'm just a Kings fan who wants what's best for the team. I'm not sure the partiality is on my behalf, as much as some favor him for whatever reason (maybe his Sacramento image/loaylty).

Sure, I critique pretty much all the players harshly (its hard for me to do so with Domas because he puts it out there damn near nightly), but my general disposition towards Fox as a player IMO has mirrored his play. And I don't like when others try to give him undo credit that I think the person on NBA.com mvp ladder deserves but..

I mean in 2021-2022 I really "hated him" (well, because he wasnt a good nba player and showed IMO inconsistency issues). Last year I magically was much more in favor of him. Now this year, I magically thought he was playing better than Domas and was thrilled with him to start the year, and then the "hate" poured in when he started the inefficient/inconsistent issues of 2024.

But all the while, your and the rest of the fans on this board haven't reacted through the tides. It seems always positive with zero mention of the issues, like the calendar 2024 efficiency. I've seen some of yours and others posts, I know you would be questioning a volume scorer on not the best efficiency on another team (thats not a strong facilitator/defender ((and yes, his steals are up and he's played better D on balance this year - still can't say he has notable D - just not bad D))).

Anyways I don't mind him. I reacted last night maybe petty about him solely losing the team, obviously Domas played his role. But, Fox's has been a consistent theme. He has consistently not shown up in the clutch this year, and as the scorer its his job. Domas getting injured and losing his wits and doing three dumb things rarely happen. One is a trend, which annoys

Return to Sacramento Kings