ImageImageImageImageImage

Salvage value for Artest

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#21 » by SacKingZZZ » Thu Jan 3, 2008 7:03 am

rpa wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

So how did those free agent signings of Webber & Rasheed Wallace turn out for the Knicks?

On the flipside, look what it took to keep CWebb here! :o

I certainly don't want to have to beat all competing offers by that much.
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,492

Post#22 » by Ballings7 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 7:44 am

Very well stated, KIE. It's also just the truth.

King Baller wrote:Also besides the options you mention, the Kings may sign Ron. Sacramento is a good spot for Ron, just as it was for Webber. Its far from the intense media spot light.

Aside from that, he has some above-average relationships with people in the organization. And wouldn't have to move around again w/ his family for a new house with a different team (because he has a house in Indiana, as well, non-team-house). Also would be easier to continue with a similar general system on this team. Also can get the most money from the Kings.

Signing with a legit playoff team, well that's an entirely different situation. Having it's own factors on both sides.

Aside from the average New York connection and feelings, the Knicks just aren't a favoring possibility for Ron. Sign or trade.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
fimslim3
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#23 » by fimslim3 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 8:14 am

King Baller wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Ron has SAID he wants to play for a contender. Contender = good team. Artest is really under paid in his current deal which I think is around 7M a year. I don't need to be an agent to know he's worth way more than 5.3M.
Also besides the options you mention, the Kings may sign Ron. Sacramento is a good spot for Ron, just as it was for Webber. Its far from the intense media spot light.

KB

Artest also mentioned he wants to retire and go into boxing, if you think Artest only makes money through playing basketball you are sorely mistaken. Artest expressed interest since playing for the Knicks ever since he started playing for St. John's.

Ron has also said he wants to retire a Sacramento King. So don't get your hopes up buddy.
I've just quoted what Artest said, I am not getting my hopes up. The point of this thread was to ask if you wanted to get salvage value for Artest if he wanted to leave.

Dude, apparently you don't have a wife and kids. If I tried to tell my wife "hey honey, I'm gonna take a pay cut of - oh about TWENTY-FIVE MILLION DOLLARS over the next five years to move back to New York, go nuts and kill you some night because my dog didn't get fed", what exactly do you think she's gonna say? I think that IF Ron dosen't get an offer befitting a guy who is one of the top three defenders in THE ENTIRE NBA - AND - one of the top ten SF's in the league, he will just re-sign here starting at his current salary (@ 9 mill - year) and going up.

Anything else is just New Yorkers smoking a crack pipe - you know, that same one that ISAIAH is puffing on .

Sorry, I have a wife. No kids yet. And the NBA is a business and Artest is talented enough to make money elsewhere, I am not saying he for sure will play in New York, but I doubt he'll be with the Kings when his contract is up.

So how did those free agent signings of Webber & Rasheed Wallace turn out for the Knicks?
The Knicks never signed either player, sorry to burst your bubble.

Aside from that, he has some above-average relationships with people in the organization. And wouldn't have to move around again w/ his family for a new house with a different team (because he has a house in Indiana, as well, non-team-house). Also would be easier to continue with a similar general system on this team. Also can get the most money from the Kings.

He has family and a house in New York.
Ballings7
RealGM

Post#24 » by Ballings7 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 8:58 am

fimslim3 wrote:He has family and a house in New York.

Ah, okay, I wasn't quite sure about the house part. But that's just part of the obvious New York connection. The other factors still make the Knicks an unfavoring possibility for him to go to.

fimslim3 wrote:I am not saying he for sure will play in New York, but I doubt he'll be with the Kings when his contract is up.

He needs to opt out of his contract to make it expire, and, settle for the MLE. The Kings have the most to offer, either staying with the team, or being signed and traded. Which, there are a small amount of places for him possibly to go. Until things change with the teams that are not. Who knows if they will, of course.
fimslim3
Banned User

Post#25 » by fimslim3 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 9:15 am

Ballings7 wrote:
Ah, okay, I wasn't quite sure about the house part. But that's just part of the obvious New York connection. The other factors still make the Knicks an unfavoring possibility for him to go to.
Unfavoring (which isn't even a word) because of the current mess? Only makes it more appealing. You think he has money issues? He has enough money. He's looking to make a difference and he feels that he is the answer (even though the team needs more then just Ron Artest).

He needs to opt out of his contract to make it expire, and, settle for the MLE. The Kings have the most to offer, either staying with the team, or being signed and traded. Which, there are a small amount of places for him possibly to go. Until things change with the teams that are not. Who knows if they will, of course.
After his contract expires, he take less money and play for the Knicks. Kings can offer the most since they do owe his bird years, but as I said before, he has enough money and has already made money through other means outside of playing basketball. Maybe he just wants to go back home to his family and play in New York?
Crimson King
Pro Prospect
And1: 31

Post#26 » by Crimson King » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:04 am

The Knicks won't be under the cap until the end of 2010/11 season, so we can sign Artest for 3 years 35-40 mill, and in 2011 he signs with the Knicks a 5 years max contract. Everybody's happy, finally the Knicks get Artest :clap: .
Ballings7
RealGM

Post#27 » by Ballings7 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:22 am

fimslim3 wrote:Unfavoring (which isn't even a word) because of the current mess? Only makes it more appealing. You think he has money issues? He has enough money. He's looking to make a difference and he feels that he is the answer (even though the team needs more then just Ron Artest).

Not favorable because of the Knicks young players that they're high on already there at SF, and the money situation.

I don't think he has money issues. That's not apparent. I think, like most others, he wants to get more than he's been making. Which is definitely below his talent level. The MLE would be taking that another step further.

Money being a factor is perfectly legitimate. There hasn't been an indication or fact that it doesn't matter much.

The last contract he's likely going to get, while in his prime, for the MLE? When he can get notciably more than that in a few ways? I just doubt he'd pass that oppurtunity and superior security up, while being in a better situation. Whether it's with the Kings or not.

fimslim3 wrote:After his contract expires, he take less money and play for the Knicks. Kings can offer the most since they do owe his bird years, but as I said before, he has enough money and has already made money through other means outside of playing basketball. Maybe he just wants to go back home to his family and play in New York? He's looking to make a difference and he feels that he is the answer (even though the team needs more then just Ron Artest).

I understand, but regardless, it's not a fitting destination for him (outside of the New York factor) with the Knicks because of the other players on the team (the young players and the offensive players already there), and only getting the MLE.

Also, if he did settle for the MLE, it'd probably be with a set playoff team, rather than the Knicks. Artest doesn't make the Knicks an instant playoff team. They'd still have some serious issues to fix up. Contender for the playoffs? Okay.

He's also never said with serious, desperate intention that he wants to play for the Knicks. As well as not to the point where it's effected his play, mentality (on or off the court), and feelings on the situation with any of the three teams he's been with. He's always been asked about it, not the one initiating the topic. Reporters who keep asking the question is the initiation, and they get a similar answer as the last time it was asked. It's a childhood dream for Ron for obvious reasons, but it's been blown out of proportion by the media. In New York, at that. It's part of their job, but it's a silly part of their job. Get peoples hopes up and gossiping, sell papers, get any interest possible.

I personally wouldn't mind him going to the Knicks, because he'd get to play for the Knicks, and that'd be fun and interesting. Also I'd still have the regular convenience to see him play with regularity. But overall, I wouldn't prefer it.
fimslim3
Banned User

Post#28 » by fimslim3 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:16 pm

Ballings7 wrote:Not favorable because of the Knicks young players that they're high on already there at SF, and the money situation.

So you are assuming the Knicks would still have their young SF products by that year and not figured out a sure starter? (Which is possible) However, even if they were still stacked at that position, what makes you assume we can't move him to shooting guard? He's played that position with the Pacers and Bulls. It isn't such a foreign concept.

I don't think he has money issues. That's not apparent. I think, like most others, he wants to get more than he's been making. Which is definitely below his talent level. The MLE would be taking that another step further. Money being a factor is perfectly legitimate. There hasn't been an indication or fact that it doesn't matter much.
Why do you assume he wants more than he's making? I am only assuming he doesn't want more then what he is making because he's interested in coming to New York and since we are under the cap, the most we can offer is the MLE. He'll find plenty of sponsors who will line up to him if he comes to New York, so money will never be an issue, on and off the court.

The last contract he's likely going to get, while in his prime, for the MLE? When he can get notciably more than that in a few ways? I just doubt he'd pass that oppurtunity and superior security up, while being in a better situation. Whether it's with the Kings or not.

"I just doubt he'd pass that oppurtunity and superior security up..."

Huh?

Bottom line: We've seen it happen many times in sports that a player goes back home at one point in his career. He thinks he can be a difference maker and turn around his beloved Knicks with his talent. Yes, he personally can't do it alone. But Artest probably feels that if he accomplishes such a feat he will cherished in New York as a hero, the place where he grew up.

I understand, but regardless, it's not a fitting destination for him (outside of the New York factor) with the Knicks because of the other players on the team (the young players and the offensive players already there), and only getting the MLE.
It seems you just repeated yourself over here, but he has a family and house in New York as I mentioned before. Why not finally settle down after being moved around and come back home?

Also, if he did settle for the MLE, it'd probably be with a set playoff team, rather than the Knicks. Artest doesn't make the Knicks an instant playoff team. They'd still have some serious issues to fix up. Contender for the playoffs? Okay.
Artest probably feels the Knicks could be a playoff team with him and who says that a playoff team will want his so-called streaky mentality?

He's also never said with serious, desperate intention that he wants to play for the Knicks. As well as not to the point where it's effected his play, mentality (on or off the court), and feelings on the situation with any of the three teams he's been with. He's always been asked about it, not the one initiating the topic.
I don't think I've seen any player in any sports talking about a particular team they don't belong to. You have to admit, it gets talked about so often, you wonder why?

Reporters who keep asking the question is the initiation, and they get a similar answer as the last time it was asked. It's a childhood dream for Ron for obvious reasons, but it's been blown out of proportion by the media. In New York, at that. It's part of their job, but it's a silly part of their job. Get peoples hopes up and gossiping, sell papers, get any interest possible.
Artest brings it up in press-conferences, many coaches and GM's get asked about the Knicks all the time, you think Artest will be the first or last? Every GM is asked what would they do with the Knicks, many of these reporters have zero affiliation with the New York City beat writers.

I personally wouldn't mind him going to the Knicks, because he'd get to play for the Knicks, and that'd be fun and interesting. Also I'd still have the regular convenience to see him play with regularity. But overall, I wouldn't prefer it.
While it would be fun and interesting, I don't think Artest will even play well in New York or make that big of a difference on his own. It wouldn't even bother me if he didn't come, I made this thread asking that if he was for sure going to the Knicks, would you let his contract expire, try to get value back, or trade him with a bad contract?

Somehow posters on these boards believed I had an agenda to make you believe that Artest is going to the Knicks, so I am here to give you the worst possible trade for Artest.
Smills91
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#29 » by Smills91 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:28 pm

fimslim3 wrote:Knicks wont give Lee and a first round pick which would be in the lotto. He'll just come to New York for the MLE when he becomes a free agent.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

PLease, I hope this scenario occurs, I truly do. I hope the Kings retain Ron, that he opts out, and I want to see this scenario have an opportunity just to show you how effing delusional you are. Ron is not stupid. He's not going to take a paycut at his ONLY and LAST chance to receive a big payday. After this contract, it's all downhill for Ron. I'm even skeptical that he even opts out. I think he's have more leverage in '09 to get that last payday with more teams having more money to spend then.
ICMTM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 176

Post#30 » by ICMTM » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:46 pm

This isn't going anywhere. Why would anyone believe ANY NBA player would want to play for the sorry Knicks right now? If your papers were able to write about some display of skill on the court beat writers wouldn't have to circulate this garbage.

NOBODY IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WANTS TO PLAY FOR THE KNICKS.

Half of the Knicks don't want to be their either. Your team is garbage and not desirable to play for. If you can't see that then we have nothing else to discuss!
KANGZZZZZ!
Smills91
Banned User

Post#31 » by Smills91 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:52 pm

ICMTM wrote:This isn't going anywhere. Why would anyone believe ANY NBA player would want to play for the sorry Knicks right now? If your papers were able to write about some display of skill on the court beat writers wouldn't have to circulate this garbage.

Half of the Knicks don't want to be their either. Your team is garbage and not desirable to play for. If you can't see that then we have nothing else to discuss!

Well Ron is the only one crazy enough and CAPABLE enough to want to play in NY and make a difference. However, he's NOT stupid enough to do so at a PAY CUT. Ron and the Knicks have zero leverage in hooking up unless they meet Petrie's demands.

Sounds like:
Lee
Robinson
1st
and a KT for Rose swap ought to do it.
fimslim3
Banned User

Post#32 » by fimslim3 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:52 pm

ICMTM wrote:This isn't going anywhere. Why would anyone believe ANY NBA player would want to play for the sorry Knicks right now? If your papers were able to write about some display of skill on the court beat writers wouldn't have to circulate this garbage.

You couldn't be more correct; however, if a player still expresses to play interest in New York and we are the biggest mess in NBA history, it means something.

PLease, I hope this scenario occurs, I truly do. I hope the Kings retain Ron, that he opts out, and I want to see this scenario have an opportunity just to show you how effing delusional you are. Ron is not stupid. He's not going to take a paycut at his ONLY and LAST chance to receive a big payday. After this contract, it's all downhill for Ron. I'm even skeptical that he even opts out. I think he's have more leverage in '09 to get that last payday with more teams having more money to spend then.
So you conveniently didn't read any part of this conversation? You think Artest will lose money in New York? He'll only find more sponsors to pay him once he comes to New York (ala Sprewell).
fimslim3
Banned User

Post#33 » by fimslim3 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:54 pm

Smills91 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Well Ron is the only one crazy enough and CAPABLE enough to want to play in NY and make a difference. However, he's NOT stupid enough to do so at a PAY CUT. Ron and the Knicks have zero leverage in hooking up unless they meet Petrie's demands.

Sounds like:
Lee
Robinson
1st
and a KT for Rose swap ought to do it.

Again at the time Artest does opt out, the MLE will probably be 6 million, he doesn't have financial issues, and he has other means of getting money. And he obviously believes he can make a difference.
Clincher
General Manager
And1: 733

Post#34 » by Clincher » Thu Jan 3, 2008 7:19 pm

I think Ron finishes the year for you guys and then you guys sign and trade him to NY for a package of Balkman, Nate, Collins and Rose(Expiring contract next year). I dont know if this exactly works but this is a deal I can see. Artest will probably want to play for a contender team or a hometown team and Sac doesnt offer that as you guys are rebuilding or will try to. So you can let Artest walk for nothing to a Miami or Los Angeles or another West team or you can MAKE SURE he is far away from Sacramento and get some nice young pieces as well.

Artest in the past with Indiana has expressed his feelings to get traded, and as nice as he has been regarding Sacramento he could always demand a deal and lower his trade value. Add the past history with him and him getting surgery and this being a year where he will get insane money and you cant expect to get a 1st round lotto pick OR our best young and cheap guy in David Lee.
Smills91
Banned User

Post#35 » by Smills91 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 7:21 pm

fimslim3 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Again at the time Artest does opt out, the MLE will probably be 6 million, he doesn't have financial issues, and he has other means of getting money. And he obviously believes he can make a difference.

You're delusional...if you getting paid 80 grand a year you'd be more than happy to take a paycut to 60,000 and live in a location that costs nearly twice as much to live in? Please...he could potentially make up some money in sponsors...but not THAT much money. You're dreaming. You take the GUARANTEED contract EVERY time and the potential for sponsors is there in EVERY market.

You're really under-estimating the effect the brawl has had on Ron's appeal to sponsors as it is.
Ron would get a 6 year-50-60 million dollar deal in Sacramento EASILY, maybe more...that's guaranteed money.

Ron could top out at about 5 years 33 million playing in NY....That's HALF of what would otherwise be just a REASONABLE contract offer from Sacramento.

Besides Ron's value isn't going to get any lower either...even in a SnT the Knicks STILL have to meet Petrie's demands. They have such few assets as is, that it's still going to cost the same now as it would then...might as well get Ron a half year sooner and try to fix the mess that much sooner.
Clincher
General Manager
And1: 733

Post#36 » by Clincher » Thu Jan 3, 2008 7:27 pm

Ahh that deal I tried up there didnt work....

So I can probably see a Ron Artest and Kenny Thomas for Malik Rose, Mardy Collins, Renaldo Balkman and Fred Jones deal happening this year or if it happens in the offseason, you guys would need to have Fred Jones on a sign and trade.
rpa
RealGM
And1: 7,462

Post#37 » by rpa » Thu Jan 3, 2008 7:27 pm

fimslim3 wrote:Again at the time Artest does opt out, the MLE will probably be 6 million, he doesn't have financial issues, and he has other means of getting money. And he obviously believes he can make a difference.

In 05-06 the MLE was an even $5mil. In 06-07 it jumped to $5.215mil (a 4.3% increase). In 07-08 it jumped again to $5.356mil (a 2.7% increase). Yet you be believe it will be $6mil next year? Sure.

Further, keep in mind that the Knicks will be restricted to giving Artest a 5 year deal with mere 8% raises with the MLE. If he signed for the same starting amount with the Kings he'd receive roughly $10mil more assuming he gets the usual 10.5% raises and a 6 year deal (vs. the max 5 from another team).

BTW everyone has financial issues. When you're an athlete with a very small window to make money you need to take advantage and make as much as possible in that small window. Passing up a MINIMUM of $10mil isn't going to happen no matter how much you want to believe it will. Many other NBA players have talked about wanting to play for the Knicks (thus why I brought up Webber & Rasheed--they being 2 of the bigger names to speak of the Knicks) but how many have actually taken a pay cut to do so?

Further, if Artest was as set as you feel he is on taking the MLE then why not come out and say it? If he knows what he wants to do like you seem to think then he has absolutely nothing to lose by saying "I'll be signing with the Knicks for the MLE this offseason".

Remember how Webber was guaranteed to sign with the Knicks and the Kings needed to get SOMETHING back for him and should take Allen Houston in trade? How'd that turn out for you guys?
fimslim3
Banned User

Post#38 » by fimslim3 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 7:31 pm

Smills91 wrote:You're delusional...if you getting paid 80 grand a year you'd be more than happy to take a paycut to 60,000 and live in a location that costs nearly twice as much to live in? Please...he could potentially make up some money in sponsors...but not THAT much money. You're dreaming. You take the GUARANTEED contract EVERY time and the potential for sponsors is there in EVERY market.

Again, you are conveniently leaving out parts of this conversation which is why I am repeating myself, again. Artest has the means and the ability to collect more money outside of playing basketball. See the example I will make below, again.

You're really under-estimating the effect the brawl has had on Ron's appeal to sponsors as it is.
Ron would get a 6 year-50-60 million dollar deal in Sacramento EASILY, maybe more...that's guaranteed money.
Sprewell got plenty of deals from companies and sponsorship in New York after his choking incident with PJ. If Sprewell can pick up such companies like And1, so too, Artest can do the same in his own hometown.

Ron could top out at about 5 years 33 million playing in NY....That's HALF of what would otherwise be just a REASONABLE contract offer from Sacramento.
It would be a bit more at this point, but he obviously feels money isn't an issue or else he wouldn't have expressed interest in playing in New York.

Besides Ron's value isn't going to get any lower either...even in a SnT the Knicks STILL have to meet Petrie's demands. They have such few assets as is, that it's still going to cost the same now as it would then...might as well get Ron a half year sooner and try to fix the mess that much sooner.

I never said the Knicks have the assets, in fact I expressed in a previous post, which you had left out again, that the Knicks can't give a good offer to the Kings for Artest. But the entire point of this thread isn't if the Knicks can meet the Kings demands. The point of this thread was whether or not you would make a trade for Artest if he would leave to New York.
fimslim3
Banned User

Post#39 » by fimslim3 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 7:42 pm

rpa wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

In 05-06 the MLE was an even $5mil. In 06-07 it jumped to $5.215mil (a 4.3% increase). In 07-08 it jumped against to $5.356mil (a 2.7% increase). Yet you be believe it will be $6mil? Sure.
It was an estimate, I said earlier on in this thread the MLE this season was worth 5.3 million, I guess I was incorrect when it was really 5.36, by 2010, it could be close to 6, if not, no big deal.

Further, keep in mind that the Knicks will be restricted to giving Artest a 5 year deal with mere 8% raises with the MLE. If he signed for the same starting amount with the Kings he'd receive roughly $10mil more assuming he gets the usual 10.5% raises and a 6 year deal (vs. the max 5 from another team).
He can get more then a 10.5% raise, he can get a 12.5% raise by the team that owns his bird rights. I've mentioned numerous times in this thread alone the Kings can pay him more money then any team, so what was the point of this post?

BTW everyone has financial issues. When you're an athlete with a very small window to make money you need to take advantage and make as much as possible in that small window. Passing up a MINIMUM of $10mil isn't going to happen no matter how much you want to believe it will. Many other NBA players have talked about wanting to play for the Knicks (thus why I brought up Webber & Rasheed--they being 2 of the bigger names to speak of the Knicks) but how many have actually taken a pay cut to do so?
You think Artest has financial issues? He grew up in a rich area in queens in Jamica Estates, his family wasn't in any financial problems before he headed off to the NBA. He can make money numerous ways, his rap album, shoe deals (ala Sprewell, has to be the 3rd or 4th time I mentioned that), and other lucrative options available in New York City.

Further, if Artest was as set as you feel he is on taking the MLE then why not come out and say it? If he knows what he wants to do like you seem to think then he has absolutely nothing to lose by saying "I'll be signing with the Knicks for the MLE this offseason".
Where did I say he was set fot the MLE? Maybe a sign and trade? Maybe another team will take him, perhaps the Nets when the move to New York? All I said was that he expressed interest to play in New York.

Remember how Webber was guaranteed to sign with the Knicks and the Kings needed to get SOMETHING back for him and should take Allen Houston in trade? How'd that turn out for you guys?

When did that happen? Many players are rumored to go to New York, why not mention Chris Mullin over a decade ago, remember that rumor? How about Chuck Person after his brigade in Indiana? Recall that? Remember when the Knicks needed a backup center in the mid 90's, do you recall Mark Bryant in a rumor? How about the ever eventful Eddie Jones to New York?

Bottom line is that Artest has been in the rumors for a long period of time, more then any player, he's even expressed continued interest to play in New York, did Webber express continued interest to play in New York as often as Artest?????
rpa
RealGM
And1: 7,462

Post#40 » by rpa » Thu Jan 3, 2008 7:46 pm

fimslim3 wrote: He can get more then a 10.5% raise, he can get a 12.5% raise by the team that owns his bird rights. I've mentioned numerous times in this thread alone the Kings can pay him more money then any team, so what was the point of this post? /quote]

Incorrect. 12.5% was under the old CBA. The new CBA puts raises at 10.5% for current teams and 8% for all other teams.

fimslim3 wrote:You think Artest has financial issues? He grew up in a rich area in queens in Jamica Estates, his family wasn't in any financial problems before he headed off to the NBA. He can make money numerous ways, his rap album, shoe deals (ala Sprewell, has to be the 3rd or 4th time I mentioned that), and other lucrative options available in New York City.

This has been said by every Knick fan about how every superstar would take a pay cut to come to NY. "They can make up the money elsewhere". Tell me again, how many times has that happened?

fimslim3 wrote:Bottom line is that Artest has been in the rumors for a long period of time, more then any player, he's even expressed continued interest to play in New York, did Webber express continued interest to play in New York as often as Artest?????

Artest has also been asked by every reporter under the sun about wanting to play in NY. What exactly is he supposed to say? Should he say "No, the Knicks suck, I never want to play there" ?

As for Webber: he expressed interest for a good amount of time while on the Kings and other times after the Kings signed him AND after they even traded him.

Return to Sacramento Kings