ImageImageImageImageImage

What will it take to get Artest?

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

fimslim3
Banned User
And1: 1

What will it take to get Artest? 

Post#1 » by fimslim3 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 8:50 pm

So the last thread I made was called salvage value for Artest, I am sure people know what salvage value means even though though the question wasn't answered. So a hypothetical question if I may...what would be the ideal players to get in return for Ron Artest? Would a lottery pick be beneficial to get a deal done?
fimslim3
Banned User

Post#2 » by fimslim3 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 8:53 pm

Also per the wiretap it said the Kings are interested in Nate Robinson, I am curious to know why?
edney2polynice_
Senior
And1: 0

Post#3 » by edney2polynice_ » Thu Jan 3, 2008 8:56 pm

Can we lock this before we have 5 pages of crap offers from the above poster?
fimslim3
Banned User

Post#4 » by fimslim3 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 8:57 pm

I actually never made a trade offer in this thread or the last one, I am merely asking a question.
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,494

Post#5 » by Ballings7 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 9:09 pm

I don't think they are that interested in Nate Robinson. He's a talented young spark guard, he's fun. But why would the Kings need, want him when Beno and Douby and Bibby (still here until he's dealt) are there already. As well as Garcia and Salmons, who partially play the point.

Nate Robinson is redundant for the Kings. I think they'd rather continue to go with Douby for their young small bench guard, too. I would as well. Rather than giving up on Douby and replacing him with Nate.

I haven't actually read any quotes from anybody in management that they "wouldn't mind Lee or Nate" or "we are definitely interested in those players". Lee I can see the Kings having interest - but how much? Especially if it's supposedly just "wouldn't mind", rather than "definitely interested" or "enamored" or "want".

Lee isn't even worth Artest, IMO. I'd rather have Artest over him and any package Lee is there as the center piece (R1 pick isn't going to be in it). Lee is one of the few assets the Knicks have in general, as well as one of the few bright spots they've had in recent years. The brightest spot, actually. From what's gone on, the Knicks look to rather have Lee over Artest. They should, too. Just because of what he's already done there in 2 years, and how that as been for the fans. Also Lee is going to command MLE+ money, like the Udonis Haslem range, later on.

Who knows if Lee actually being available makes the Kings do an Artest for Lee-package deal, either. Not further interest, but actually getting the deal done. That hasn't been indicated.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
fimslim3
Banned User

Post#6 » by fimslim3 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 9:12 pm

^^^^ Exactly, I feel the same way. I assumed Robinson would be redundant for the Kings. I was thinking maybe a Jared Jordan off the bench could serve as temporary need as a backup PG, but is seems even Salmons can be capable of playing that position at certain points during the game.
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,494

Post#7 » by Ballings7 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 9:24 pm

Yup.

As well as Garcia, who is erratic at times, but he's still been playing the point in the NBA and this season. Musselman oddly didn't use him too much there until later in the season.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
rpa
RealGM
And1: 7,462

Post#8 » by rpa » Thu Jan 3, 2008 9:48 pm

The writing seemed like it summed up the history of the talks (or tried to). To be honest I don't really believe it at all. I do believe that the Knicks offered Balkman at some point but not because the article said so. I think the Kings may have been interested in Robinson before:

a) They got Beno
b) They found out Douby could do the same thing off the bench. Even though his numbers don't show it I think that Douby is doing a much better job this year.

As for what the topic asks: I think the Kings want rebuilding pieces that do fit or can fit with their current crop of youngsters and cheap vets. To me Balkman doesn't fit the team at all, Robinson no longer fits the team with 2 young PGs already on the team, Chandler is pretty much useless with what the Kings have at the wings already, and Lee doesn't fit next to Hawes because he (Lee) is an awful defensive player in everything defensive except rebounding.

IMO if the Kings are looking to keep whatever they get back from the Knicks there are only 2 pieces that they'd want:
1) The Knicks first round pick which could be anywhere from early lottery to mid teens (Artest has proven he can turn teams around and the East is AWFUL as has been the case for the last 8 or so years).
2) Malik Rose in a swap for Kenny Thomas.

If the Kings were looking to move Lee later on or were looking at him solely as a 6th man then they may be interested but I feel that Petrie wants to get a definitive starter back for Artest OR the chance to get one (i.e. through the draft).

Personally I'd take Rose, Jones, the pick (no protection), and filler(s) (not a crap contract) for Artest/Thomas
mr.basketball
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#9 » by mr.basketball » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:53 pm

[quote="rpa"]The writing seemed like it summed up the history of the talks (or tried to). To be honest I don't really believe it at all. I do believe that the Knicks offered Balkman at some point but not because the article said so. I think the Kings may have been interested in Robinson before:

a) They got Beno
b) They found out Douby could do the same thing off the bench. Even though his numbers don't show it I think that Douby is doing a much better job this year.

As for what the topic asks: I think the Kings want rebuilding pieces that do fit or can fit with their current crop of youngsters and cheap vets. To me Balkman doesn't fit the team at all, Robinson no longer fits the team with 2 young PGs already on the team, Chandler is pretty much useless with what the Kings have at the wings already, and Lee doesn't fit next to Hawes because he (Lee) is an awful defensive player in everything defensive except rebounding.

IMO if the Kings are looking to keep whatever they get back from the Knicks there are only 2 pieces that they'd want:
1) The Knicks first round pick which could be anywhere from early lottery to mid teens (Artest has proven he can turn teams around and the East is AWFUL as has been the case for the last 8 or so years).
2) Malik Rose in a swap for Kenny Thomas.

If the Kings were looking to move Lee later on or were looking at him solely as a 6th man then they may be interested but I feel that Petrie wants to get a definitive starter back for Artest OR the chance to get one (i.e. through the draft).

Personally I'd take Rose, Jones, the pick (no protection), and filler(s) (not a crap contract) for Artest/Thomas[/quote]

You have as much chance of getting our lottery pick (for Artest) as I have in growing 5 tits. Also, no Lee. If Balkman, Rose and Jones for Thomas and Artest was offered (and rejected) Petrie should be sent to the glue farm.
KingInExile
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Post#10 » by KingInExile » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:11 pm

If we lock a topic, it is not a good idea to start a new thread on that same topic. This is going nowhere either.
This space needs to be filled with a new sig...but I'm too lazy to make one.

Return to Sacramento Kings