Beno Udrih

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

Cruel_Ruin
Head Coach
And1: 767
Location: The intersection of intellect, imagination and insanity

Beno Udrih 

Post#1 » by Cruel_Ruin » Sat Jan 5, 2008 7:54 am

I don't know about you guys, but I'm really loving this guy's game. He doesn't get a ton of assists, but he really is a pure point guard in the way he controls the tempo of the game and sets up the offense. He's always attacking, whether it's off the pick and roll or by pushing the tempo. I love his IQ too, you can always count on him to make the smartest decisions, and his craftiness with the dribble is really fun to watch.

:bowdown: Beno
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,448

Post#2 » by KF10 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 7:57 am

Yeah, I really like him... He exceeded my expectations... I like his demeanor on court... The only thing I have a problem is that several possessions he looked like a shoot first PG (Chucks shots up) but other then that he been solid for us...
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,493

Post#3 » by Ballings7 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 9:26 am

He's run the team better than Bibby has in the last year. His defense isn't poor. He balances the offense with his game. Bibby doesn't run the team enough, and I have significant questionability if he would run things like Beno has.

We need to have a balanced offensive mentality PG (or more pass-first) after Bibby's gone. Likely a combination of Beno and then somebody else. Not sure Beno's going to be the long-term starter. Who knows.

And, I doubt were going back to the Princeton like in 04 and before. So a scoring-minded/shoot-first PG I don't think fits with the team we'll have for now and later on.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
KingFan4Life24
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#4 » by KingFan4Life24 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 11:00 am

Ballings, to the last part u just wrote :

So a scoring-minded/shoot-first PG I don't think fits with the team we'll have for now and later on...

Derrick Rose is the man. :pray:

On the other hand, yeah i love benos game too...his spin moves and penetration in the paint is fun to watch and effective. great example the last few plays he did last night against cleveland. Good replacement if Bibby is traded, but for our future to contend? No.
[/quote]
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,493

Post#5 » by Ballings7 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 11:09 am

Rose would be great
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
ICMTM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 176

Post#6 » by ICMTM » Sat Jan 5, 2008 12:20 pm

If Beno could get a consistent shot like a Derrick Fisher (or Mike Bibby) I think he could be a long term solution. With his ability to create off the dribble he can do a lot for the offense. When we get a money big I think he'll have to be able to hit an open jumper.

Remember when Bibby used to get to the hole a lot? I think that's what is missing from Mike's game. I don't know if he's just gotten slower or has just fell in love with his jumper?
KANGZZZZZ!
Alyosha12
Analyst
And1: 178

Post#7 » by Alyosha12 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 12:58 pm

And also his assists would be better if he had a big who likes to score under the basket more, unlike Miller and Moore, i watched the game ageinst the cavs and they bouth stole at least 3 of his assists.
UKF
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#8 » by UKF » Sat Jan 5, 2008 7:33 pm

At certain times he does look like a shoot first point guard, but I defnitly love his game. He is a smart PG that can lead this team.

He looked great last night.

Return to Sacramento Kings