Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,502

Isiah turns down Ron Artest? 

Post#1 » by Ballings7 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:18 pm

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi ... test_deal/

I love it, assuming it's true

And now Nate Robinson is on the floor with Lee and Balkman (off the table). How ironic for all the Artest-Knick-trade hopefuls and believers.

Pretty strange though, that Nate/Balkman would be the main pieces of the package for Ron. I think that'd be an underwhelming deal for us.

edit: Kenny Thomas or SAR probably were with Ron in the deal, and would of got back shorter contracts. Which I think would of been mentioned there because of the significance of KT/SAR's contract, and the value that would be coming back to us. The fact that Ron for Balkman/Nate doesn't work on the trade checker shows the writer purposely left the other key parts of the proposed deal out. Which might indicate Isiah didn't/doesn't want to take on SAR or KT.

If not true, well, back to how it was - not a legitimate possibility.

Artest told The Post earlier this month *snip* he wouldn't mind being traded now.

Typical spin, hype, and rehash. Ron said in response from a reporter's question (as was the snip), he wouldn't be opposed to being traded to the Knicks. Which was already said back at his charity basketball event before the season. In response from another NY reporter.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
Smills91
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#2 » by Smills91 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:16 pm

Source: NY Post = NOT TRUE...they can't print truth...they DON'T print truth.
_SRV_
Analyst

Post#3 » by _SRV_ » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:24 pm

I don't believe it, and I'll be realy confused if we traded Ron for perimeter players.
xx_skaterdude_xx wrote:Kobe gets bailed out more than Wall Street.
JookyJam
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#4 » by JookyJam » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:13 pm

why would IT even consider this trade when we (NY) already know that we can get Artest at the end of the season for the mid-level exception. I say stick it out the rest of the year here in NY with the current squad and get a lottery and Artest. Heck we might even grab bibby from you guys too.
rpa
RealGM
And1: 7,463

Post#5 » by rpa » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:14 pm

JookyJam wrote:why would IT even consider this trade when we (NY) already know that we can get Artest at the end of the season for the mid-level exception. I say stick it out the rest of the year here in NY with the current squad and get a lottery and Artest. Heck we might even grab bibby from you guys too.

To truly believe you "know" would constitute a delusional fantasy.
a-rod
Assistant Coach
And1: 21

Post#6 » by a-rod » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:45 pm

I'm very respectful to other teams fans, but Knicks fans are starting to get on my nerves.
pillwenney wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:No thanks to Deng. I read a rumor surfing hoopshype awhile back saying Gay for Reke is a possibility.

Must be true, if it's a rumor you read on Hoopshype.
:rofl:
Sacramento_King
Rookie
And1: 76

Post#7 » by Sacramento_King » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:48 pm

Smills91 wrote:Source: NY Post = NOT TRUE...they can't print truth...they DON'T print truth.

Isn't the Post going off an ESPN report? If you are the Knicks and feel you have a shot at getting Artest for the mid level then why trade two of your young players to get him and most likely have to take back a bad contract?
Fury
RealGM
And1: 15,420

Post#8 » by Fury » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:11 pm

Yep, it's an ESPN Report not NY Post. Whatever makes you guys feel better about the Kings, but hey, we just declined Balkman and Nate for Artest.
rpa
RealGM

Post#9 » by rpa » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:10 pm

Fury wrote:Yep, it's an ESPN Report not NY Post. Whatever makes you guys feel better about the Kings, but hey, we just declined Balkman and Nate for Artest.

Yeah, because everything the media says is true. :roll:

edit: wasn't there another report a month or so ago that said Petrie had zero interest whatsoever in Balkman?
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,191

Post#10 » by moocow007 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:17 pm

rpa wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yeah, because everything the media says is true. :roll:

edit: wasn't there another report a month or so ago that said Petrie had zero interest whatsoever in Balkman?

I believe that was actually reported in the NY Post. :wink:
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,523

Post#11 » by RIPskaterdude » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:27 pm

Fury wrote:Yep, it's an ESPN Report not NY Post. Whatever makes you guys feel better about the Kings, but hey, we just declined Balkman and Nate for Artest.

Actually, Balkman and Nate were asked to be INCLUDED in the deal...therefore, it meant that other NY players were involved. Also, this "ESPN Report" was reported by ESPN insider Chris Sheridan, who also said a Ricky Davis, Jason Williams, Dorrell Wright for Wally Szczerbiak and Earl Watson is in the works :rofl:
rpa
RealGM

Post#12 » by rpa » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:02 pm

moocow007 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I believe that was actually reported in the NY Post. :wink:

That's the point though. 1 week it's "Petrie doesn't like Balkman" and the next week it's "Petrie asked for Balkman". The media, in my mind, just doesn't have any credibility as far as rumors go.

I mean honestly, the only people that would really know about possible trades are the GMs themselves. And does anyone think that a GM is going to tell the media "so and so offered me this" or "I offered so and so this"? Do the first 1 and that other GM is likely to never call you again; do the 2nd one and you may just enrage your own players.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,191

Post#13 » by moocow007 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:17 pm

rpa wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

That's the point though. 1 week it's "Petrie doesn't like Balkman" and the next week it's "Petrie asked for Balkman". The media, in my mind, just doesn't have any credibility as far as rumors go.

I mean honestly, the only people that would really know about possible trades are the GMs themselves. And does anyone think that a GM is going to tell the media "so and so offered me this" or "I offered so and so this"? Do the first 1 and that other GM is likely to never call you again; do the 2nd one and you may just enrage your own players.

Yeah I hear ya, but they have to sell papers somehow I guess.
artest4gov8
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#14 » by artest4gov8 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:21 pm

artest for zach randolph
rpa
RealGM

Post#15 » by rpa » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:02 pm

artest4gov8 wrote:artest for zach randolph

God no. Randolph wouldn't garner an expiring contract at this point, let alone someone of Artest's caliber.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,454

Post#16 » by KF10 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:27 pm

*sighs* I hate the the media (NY).
Smills91
Banned User

Post#17 » by Smills91 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:34 pm

JookyJam wrote:why would IT even consider this trade when we (NY) already know that we can get Artest at the end of the season for the mid-level exception. I say stick it out the rest of the year here in NY with the current squad and get a lottery and Artest. Heck we might even grab bibby from you guys too.

You probably support Dennis Kucinich for President I presume. They're OUT there, you've SEEN them.
a-rod
Assistant Coach
And1: 21

Post#18 » by a-rod » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:36 pm

^ lol
pillwenney wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:No thanks to Deng. I read a rumor surfing hoopshype awhile back saying Gay for Reke is a possibility.

Must be true, if it's a rumor you read on Hoopshype.
:rofl:
dozencousins
Analyst
And1: 135

thomas 

Post#19 » by dozencousins » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:04 pm

if there is any shred of truth to this than i.thomas is really stupid ! :lol:
realfung
Assistant Coach
And1: 44

Post#20 » by realfung » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:05 pm

Stupid Knicks......