ImageImageImageImageImage

this sucks ! gasol traded to the lakers !

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,448

Post#41 » by KF10 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 2:47 am

Damn. We could have match that crappy deal from the Lakers... We they manage to get Kidd (w/o giving aways major pieces i.e. Bynum), IMO that's championship for couple of years....
Smills91
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#42 » by Smills91 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 3:11 am

Hoops23 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Assuming you did offered K-Mart before but what I'm saying is the package you mentioned above of Gasol for Hawes, Artest and a '08 pick which I truly doubt you will agree to it in a trade discussion prior to the Gasol trade. Show me a post of yours in the past which is close to that deal, and then I will agree with you.
They're there and Martin + ANYTHING is greater than that package...if you want to learn it look it up yourself, but I've been high on acquiring Gasol for a LONG time.
deNIEd
Banned User
And1: 30

Post#43 » by deNIEd » Sat Feb 2, 2008 3:55 am

Even though i don't agree with many of smill's ideas, he has posted trades like he mentions above.

This trade pretty much FORCES us to rebuild.
We are many pieces away from being able to contend now, and we can only trade for players that are on the block, and as of now
Kidd, J'Oneal, Odom, possibly Marion, Redd, maybe T-Mac are all the block, and none of them will push the King's to the next level.

Memphis very likely will end up with a top 3 pick this year, possibly obtaining a Beaseley/Jordon/Hibbert/Greene/Arthur/Lopez, making them instantly a very very good team in a few years.

we HAVE TO REBUILD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unless we expect to win 76% of our remaining games, then we have no shot at the playoffs. Right now, we are too far behind the teams above us to get into the playoffs, and too far ahead of the teams below us, resulting in us getting a **** draft pick.
SacTown Kings
Lead Assistant
And1: 133

Post#44 » by SacTown Kings » Sat Feb 2, 2008 4:15 am

No doubt the Lakers got better, and they didn't even have to give up much. But Gasol is vastly overrated IMO. And yes Smills has been after Gasol for a long time. Giving up Martin for him is just ridiculous though. There is a reason why Memphis did not get a whole lot in return for Gasol, he is an above average power forward, nothing special, and is over paid.
Craig McDermott
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#45 » by Craig McDermott » Sat Feb 2, 2008 5:06 am

BMiller52
RealGM

Post#46 » by BMiller52 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 6:09 am

Craig McDermott wrote:(picture)

So you're pulling something as soft as a rabbit out of a hat? :wink:
RoyalCourtJestr
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#47 » by RoyalCourtJestr » Sat Feb 2, 2008 6:20 am

Everyone is flipping out about how awsome the Lakers GM is. Come on. He likely called up and asked how to get Gasol, then the Grizzlies demanded crap with a bottle of lube. -_-

I hope this opeens up new trades.
mprose wrote:And that leaves me with the conclusion that DMC is the Sarah Palin of the NBA.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#48 » by SacKingZZZ » Sat Feb 2, 2008 6:35 am

I for one think Pau is getting just a tad bit overrated here. Nice, nice player but they didn't just add KG to their team.
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,517

Post#49 » by RIPskaterdude » Sat Feb 2, 2008 6:41 am

SacKingZZZ wrote:I for one think Pau is getting just a tad bit overrated here. Nice, nice player but they didn't just add KG to their team.

I think you are forgetting that he is a FRANCHISE PF and an All-Star. Sure, he's no KG, but one of the top 5-10 PF's in the league, easily.
pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,505

Post#50 » by pillwenney » Sat Feb 2, 2008 6:45 am

And more importantly, the Lakers already had a very good record before Bynum went down. This isn't the 7-8 seed Lakers that added Gasol.
Smills91
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#51 » by Smills91 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 6:56 am

mitchweber wrote:And more importantly, the Lakers already had a very good record before Bynum went down. This isn't the 7-8 seed Lakers that added Gasol.

They also had a cushy schedule. I'll bet the Lakers end up with the 5th or 6th seed in the PO's when all is said and done. They'll have a lot of adjustment period between now and then that will cost them games.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#52 » by SacKingZZZ » Sat Feb 2, 2008 7:12 am

xx_skaterdude_xx wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I think you are forgetting that he is a FRANCHISE PF and an All-Star. Sure, he's no KG, but one of the top 5-10 PF's in the league, easily.

Questionable. Still has to fight that never winning a playoff game thing. Good player but to automatically say he puts the Lakers as a western fav is still unfounded IMO. No doubt they are a good team, they were already doing very well, but we will see if it is a finished product.
fareweatherfan
Senior
And1: 1

Post#53 » by fareweatherfan » Sat Feb 2, 2008 7:14 am

^^^"cushy schedule"????

i dont recall the exact details, but the lakers had the something like the second or third toughest schedule in the league through early January...

the lakers just went from worrisome to downright scary...
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,481

Post#54 » by Ballings7 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 7:15 am

SacKingZZZ wrote:I for one think Pau is getting just a tad bit overrated here. Nice, nice player but they didn't just add KG to their team.

Definitely. Not just here, but on other parts of the forum, too. Pau's an all-star caliber big, significantly skilled, but not a 1st-tier big.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#55 » by SacKingZZZ » Sat Feb 2, 2008 7:43 am

I will say this however, if the Lakers were a contender before they are a legit one now for sure.
Bibbinator
Rookie
And1: 3

Post#56 » by Bibbinator » Sat Feb 2, 2008 8:06 am

sackings916 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

LOL nice response. and what would u want to see us do then genius?

Lamar is a huge expiring next season

And you're probably one of those Kings fans who want to start Justin Williams and want Beno Udrih as the PG of the future huh?

Uh, no. I don't like Beno.

I don't want to see Artest in a Lakers jersey. I would've traded Peja for Lamar back then, but not Artest.

I wouldn't trade to the Lakers unless the Kings are going to trade with them like their memphis.
deNIEd
Banned User
And1: 30

Post#57 » by deNIEd » Sat Feb 2, 2008 8:20 am

So Smills,
do we rebuild or do we feebly attempt to win now
Profanity
Rookie
And1: 15

Post#58 » by Profanity » Sat Feb 2, 2008 9:29 am

Ballings7 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Definitely. Not just here, but on other parts of the forum, too. Pau's an all-star caliber big, significantly skilled, but not a 1st-tier big.

So, if you pair him with Kobe...
BMiller52
RealGM

Post#59 » by BMiller52 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 9:47 am

Profanity wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

:lol: :lol: :lol:
ethiosew
Rookie

Post#60 » by ethiosew » Sat Feb 2, 2008 9:47 am

SacKingZZZ wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Questionable. Still has to fight that never winning a playoff game thing. Good player but to automatically say he puts the Lakers as a western fav is still unfounded IMO. No doubt they are a good team, they were already doing very well, but we will see if it is a finished product.

He doesn't need to be the Franchise player, he's going to be pairing up with the best player in the league. what team out there is going to be better than them? Fish/Kobe/Odom/Gasol/Bynum to go along with a good bench. Title contenders for the next 5 years :nonono:

Return to Sacramento Kings