ImageImageImageImageImage

this sucks ! gasol traded to the lakers !

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

Crimson King
Pro Prospect
And1: 31

Post#61 » by Crimson King » Sat Feb 2, 2008 11:04 am

SacKingZZZ wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Questionable. Still has to fight that never winning a playoff game thing. Good player but to automatically say he puts the Lakers as a western fav is still unfounded IMO. No doubt they are a good team, they were already doing very well, but we will see if it is a finished product.

Gasol as a 2nd option with Kobe Bryant is a incredible combo. Gasol is perfect to go with Bryant, with his bball IQ, team play and passing and ballhanding skills. Gasol is Webber without the 'myself' part. I have no doubt he wouldn't have any problem taking 12 shots per game if it's the better for the team. I bet he'll win at least one playoff game this year :wink:
BMiller52
RealGM
And1: 0

Post#62 » by BMiller52 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 12:03 pm

zar wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Gasol as a 2nd option with Kobe Bryant is a incredible combo. Gasol is perfect to go with Bryant, with his bball IQ, team play and passing and ballhanding skills. Gasol is Webber without the 'myself' part. I have no doubt he wouldn't have any problem taking 12 shots per game if it's the better for the team. I bet he'll win at least one playoff game this year :wink:

Gasol is prime Webber without the selfishness??? You gotta be freaking kidding me. CHRIS WAS A BEAST. Gasol is the softest player on the planet. Chris was a much better rebounder, a better shotblocker, a better post player, a better passer, a better ball handler, a better defender, a better post scorer, a better shooter, Chris was just better at every phase of the game. And A LOT better in many of those. Chris in his prime was considered the 3rd best PF in the game after Duncan and KG. Gasol isn't top 5. Hell I'm not sure if he's top 10. Yeah he's a very good player but he is NOT Chris Webber and he will NEVER BE Chris Webber, and he will never be CLOSE to Chris Webber in his prime.
Smills91
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#63 » by Smills91 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 3:02 pm

fareweatherfan wrote:^^^"cushy schedule"????

i dont recall the exact details, but the lakers had the something like the second or third toughest schedule in the league through early January...

the lakers just went from worrisome to downright scary...

That's funny because the KINGS DID have the 2nd toughest Strength of schedule and Toronto was 1st. The Lakers have played more home games than the Kings as well.
Smills91
Banned User

Post#64 » by Smills91 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 3:04 pm

ethiosew wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

He doesn't need to be the Franchise player, he's going to be pairing up with the best player in the league. what team out there is going to be better than them? Fish/Kobe/Odom/Gasol/Bynum to go along with a good bench. Title contenders for the next 5 years :nonono:

Boston. Honestly, I see them as MUCH better. KG/ALLEN/PIERCE > KOBE/PAU/ODOM
Crimson King
Pro Prospect
And1: 31

Post#65 » by Crimson King » Sat Feb 2, 2008 4:19 pm

^^ You forget a guy called Bynum, Fisher in the playoffs vs Rondo in the playoffs, their coaches and their bench. Lakers>>>Celtics in the playoffs. Also Bryant has 3 rings and a bunch of clutch shots. But still the team to beat is San Antonio.
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,004

Post#66 » by OGSactownballer » Sat Feb 2, 2008 6:03 pm

Actually the frightening thing here is the HUGE amount of pressure that this move takes off of Bynum (no performance pressure now so he can simply play straight C and not be as relied on offensively), and Odom - who will move back to his natural SF position where he is truly dominant. I still don't know how far they go in the West as depth (read: experience) is going to become vital as you move deeper into the West playoffs against tested and deep veteran teams.

Boston for sure has a much lighter path to get to the Finals, so I think that I would still have to give them an edge at least in the beginning of the series.
Smills91
Banned User

Post#67 » by Smills91 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 10:22 pm

zar wrote:^^ You forget a guy called Bynum, Fisher in the playoffs vs Rondo in the playoffs, their coaches and their bench. Lakers>>>Celtics in the playoffs. Also Bryant has 3 rings and a bunch of clutch shots. But still the team to beat is San Antonio.

And Boston has who to go through in the EAST. THe Lakers are gonna get beat up in the West as they go through pretty much any of the other 7 teams which would be better than the 3rd or 4th seed in the East. Even the 9th/10th teams in the West are better than the 6/7/8 seeds of the east.
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,480

Post#68 » by Ballings7 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 10:25 pm

Reported by Bucher, that it is a possibility Bynum's out for the year. That'd be unfortunate for the Lakers, but I wouldn't mind it at all.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
King Baller
Pro Prospect
And1: 168

Post#69 » by King Baller » Sun Feb 3, 2008 1:37 am

Well, thank God there is only one ball :) The Kings get to play the Lakers 4 times in the upcoming schedule. I think the Kings match up pretty well defensively with LA and that is part of Petries blue print.

KB
FukaX
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#70 » by FukaX » Sun Feb 3, 2008 2:03 am

Hey king fans how aobut the idea of helping the lakers further more by trading artest for lamar?

Fisher/farmar
Kobe/ sasha
Artest/ ariza
Gasol / ronny turiaf
Bynum/ mbenga
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,517

Post#71 » by RIPskaterdude » Sun Feb 3, 2008 2:15 am

FukaX wrote:Hey king fans how aobut the idea of helping the lakers further more by trading artest for lamar?

Fisher/farmar
Kobe/ sasha
Artest/ ariza
Gasol / ronny turiaf
Bynum/ mbenga

Only if you take Kenny Thomas with Artest.
Smills91
Banned User

Post#72 » by Smills91 » Sun Feb 3, 2008 3:44 am

xx_skaterdude_xx wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Only if you take Kenny Thomas with Artest.

I wouldn't even do that at this point. Ron will re-sign with whoever we trade him to. Unless we get a star young player I say ship Ron eastward.
deNIEd
Banned User
And1: 30

Post#73 » by deNIEd » Sun Feb 3, 2008 4:00 am

Smills91 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I wouldn't even do that at this point. Ron will re-sign with whoever we trade him to. Unless we get a star young player I say ship Ron eastward.

Who else wants him?
realfung
Assistant Coach
And1: 44

Post#74 » by realfung » Sun Feb 3, 2008 12:19 pm

No Worry, Lakers need some time to adjust to Gasol.
Joe Kleazy
Sixth Man
And1: 95

Post#75 » by Joe Kleazy » Tue Feb 5, 2008 3:03 pm

I know you guys hate our team but to say Pau is not a true talented Big is crazy. He played on a team that had NOTHING until rudy gay arrived and a team with NO exposure. I never expected him to win a playoff game there let alone anyone else in memphis.

Regadless of what anyone says Pau is replacing KWAME BROWN, so that speaks for itself.

I will gladly take K thomas off your hands along with Artest for Odom. His contract give you added flexibility towards your rebuild ( thats the plan right?) since your not a player in the division. You should try to take a crack at the upcoming FA class in the next few years.
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,480

Post#76 » by Ballings7 » Tue Feb 5, 2008 6:33 pm

Joe Kleazy wrote:I will gladly take K thomas off your hands along with Artest for Odom.

lol, well, that certainly is easy for you to say, but what about in reality with the Kup and Buss?
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics

Return to Sacramento Kings