ImageImageImageImageImage

Shaq to PHX

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

ethiosew
Rookie
And1: 0

Shaq to PHX 

Post#1 » by ethiosew » Wed Feb 6, 2008 5:33 am

for Marion and filler...just reported on espn shaq is flying to phx for phyical tmrw. It may seem one sided with shaq being old and injured this year, but if he's healthy come playoff time he can make a big impact. Having Shaq down low on one side and Amare on the other side is going to create many open shots for Nash, Bell, Barbosa. Phx wasn't going anywhere with the same line up anyways, they needed to make changes.

Hope this puts more pressure on other teams to make some trades. :wink: Artest for D.Harris :pray:
Bac2Basics
RealGM
And1: 3
Location: "Are you like a crazy person? I'm quite sure they will say so."

Post#2 » by Bac2Basics » Wed Feb 6, 2008 6:11 am

The Gasol trade must have spooked people even more than we realized, because this is a crappy trade for the Suns.

As far as implications for the Kings, I think that this could mean good things if we can get Artest and/or Bibby as part of this rash trading.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#3 » by SacKingZZZ » Wed Feb 6, 2008 6:16 am

Yeah, the Suns seemingly got caught up in the Gasol hype. They just ruined their team. I just can't see it working, unless Shaq has something left in the tank. Looks like they finally gave up on the run and gun.
_SRV_
Analyst
And1: 2

Post#4 » by _SRV_ » Wed Feb 6, 2008 6:18 am

WTF?
xx_skaterdude_xx wrote:Kobe gets bailed out more than Wall Street.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#5 » by SacKingZZZ » Wed Feb 6, 2008 6:20 am

How many times do you see a team challenging for the #1 spot in their conference tear apart their core!? Wow. For a 36 year old, who's body is beginning to fail, and makes 40 million $$$ over the next 2 years! Wow.
_SRV_
Analyst
And1: 2

Post#6 » by _SRV_ » Wed Feb 6, 2008 6:24 am

I will never ever get NBA GMs.
xx_skaterdude_xx wrote:Kobe gets bailed out more than Wall Street.
UKF
Assistant Coach

Post#7 » by UKF » Wed Feb 6, 2008 6:26 am

This makes no sense what-so-ever!!!
BMiller52
RealGM

Post#8 » by BMiller52 » Wed Feb 6, 2008 6:31 am

_SRV_ wrote:I will never ever get NBA GMs.

Look at it this way, with that hole at SF without Marion they could use Ron and his perimeter D. We could use the ATL pick. Maybe this makes a deal with us an option.
a-rod
Assistant Coach
And1: 21

Post#9 » by a-rod » Wed Feb 6, 2008 6:38 am

Ultimate Kings Fan wrote:This makes no sense what-so-ever!!!

This all makes sense, but it doesn't make perfect sense ?
pillwenney wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:No thanks to Deng. I read a rumor surfing hoopshype awhile back saying Gay for Reke is a possibility.

Must be true, if it's a rumor you read on Hoopshype.
:rofl:
a-rod
Assistant Coach
And1: 21

Post#10 » by a-rod » Wed Feb 6, 2008 6:45 am

BMiller52 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Look at it this way, with that hole at SF without Marion they could use Ron and his perimeter D. We could use the ATL pick. Maybe this makes a deal with us an option.

you wish Robert Sarver has handcuffed Steve Kerr because of the luxury tax.
pillwenney wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:No thanks to Deng. I read a rumor surfing hoopshype awhile back saying Gay for Reke is a possibility.

Must be true, if it's a rumor you read on Hoopshype.
:rofl:
Dustin5566
Veteran
And1: 64

Post#11 » by Dustin5566 » Wed Feb 6, 2008 6:49 am

Steve Kerr will be back on TNT next year!!
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,502

Post#12 » by Ballings7 » Wed Feb 6, 2008 7:08 am

Oh my god... this does not favor too well for the Suns. They got desperate.

I think this will have mixed results at best... but if Shaq can stay relatively healthy, mesh in okay, and be consistently productive (hehe) - it'll be a positive trade for Phoenix. That's a lot to happen, though. A whole lot.

That contract and the risks and changes for the Suns, all in the middle of a season....

Going to be very interesting, for sure. Don't know how much better it's going to make them as a whole, and in their weak areas.

Bottom line, Shaq can't get hurt much, or else it's going to be a bad trade.

I like it for Miami, assuming Marion stays past this season. Marion/Wade/Haslem/high draft pick is a good start to retooling for the Heat.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#13 » by SacKingZZZ » Wed Feb 6, 2008 7:11 am

Well when you look at situation it really does make no sense, unless they can adapt. That team plays a certain way because 90% of their personnel dictates it and vice versa. Shaq is the absolute anti-run and gun but their team on paper does have the look of a solid team and tough half court team. Until you realize that Shaq is 36 years old and they just gave up the best piece they had for the style they play.

Plus has anyone else noticed how the rules of how much bruising is allowed in the post have changed? If they called Shaq back in the early 2000's we'd have at least 2 rings by now.

PG: Nash
SG: Bell
SF: Hill
PF: Amare
C: Shaq

Looks pretty good, but I just don't know.
Ballings7
RealGM

Post#14 » by Ballings7 » Wed Feb 6, 2008 7:13 am

BMiller52 wrote:Look at it this way, with that hole at SF without Marion they could use Ron and his perimeter D. We could use the ATL pick. Maybe this makes a deal with us an option.

Yeah, we could.

But Hill is their SF, and has been. The pieces aren't really there outside of the pick. And, you can't forget about the character care in Phoenix (Ron's being questionable generally), as well as the Suns being a divisional foe. Also bringing in Ron would be another significant player and change to their team, in the middle of the season. Ron coming in significantly reduces Hill's role, and Hill went to Phoenix because he was given the starting job. He turned down the Spurs because he wasn't going to start there.

All of these are factors until proven otherwise. Which is doubtful.
Wolfay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 649

Post#15 » by Wolfay » Wed Feb 6, 2008 7:26 am

Does this mean Shaq is going to start shooting threes?
mudyez
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#16 » by mudyez » Wed Feb 6, 2008 7:33 am

I'd really like to see this trade going down:

wade gets his pinky for brain (or was it batman+raobin?) and in combination with haslem its the perfect supporting duo for him...add a high draftpick and they may content soon again

as for phoenix: wow...I have to see mr. "cant stop a pick and roll" + mr. "whats helpside again?" play next to each other (without a real backup! they would average 11 fouls a night while oponents score 140 on them frequently (not saying the suns cant win nontheless)!

OT: Plz take a look at the link in my sig...there are only 2 slots open in the 08-fanatsy-draft (starting after the Allstargame) and it would be a pity if you would miss it!
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#17 » by SacKingZZZ » Wed Feb 6, 2008 7:42 am

I think Miami should trade that pick for a guy like JO or maybe even Emeka Okafor. Maybe even go after Charlie V, he's be great in a run and gun system. Chris Wilcox could be an interesting fit, I think the Heat should go small ball after this deal.
pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,526

Post#18 » by pillwenney » Wed Feb 6, 2008 7:54 am

SacKingZZZ wrote:I think Miami should trade that pick for a guy like JO or maybe even Emeka Okafor. Maybe even go after Charlie V, he's be great in a run and gun system. Chris Wilcox could be an interesting fit, I think the Heat should go small ball after this deal.

Well that pick is definitely worth more than both JO and definitely wayyy more than Charlie V at this point.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#19 » by SacKingZZZ » Wed Feb 6, 2008 8:00 am

Who knows. Maybe this trade will spard the Heat to do better. I wasn't saying they would trade the pick for Charlie V, just that they should go after him. Trade the pick for JO or Okafor.
Ballings7
RealGM

Post#20 » by Ballings7 » Wed Feb 6, 2008 8:03 am

Charlotte's probably not in the market for picks anymore. They indicated they've begun their win now process, and are aiming for the playoffs this year. Just 3 games out in the east.

Return to Sacramento Kings