ImageImageImageImageImage

Sacramento (10-12) @ Portland (14-11)

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,517

Re: Sacramento (10-12) @ Portland (14-11) 

Post#81 » by pillwenney » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:29 pm

SadKingsFan wrote:They need to give Evans the damn ball more often...period. And please dont get me started on Spencer Hawes, the guy is absolutely useless with an obvious lack of work ethic, and i can go on and on about it. I dont see how anyone can be high on this utter piece of trash.

I would have seriously been banned had i posted last night. :x

What I would say is that Spencer still has a lot of talent and potential. We see it every once in a while. He's also still very young. Obviously, pretty often (including last night) he looks basically like crap. But he's only 21 still--so I'm still holding out hope.
a-rod
Assistant Coach
And1: 21

Post#82 » by a-rod » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:46 pm

Beno was horrible last season, But we all saw what beno can do when he's healthy, you can say the same thing about wade and rose...

Spencer is clearly playing through an injury of some sort. he is not healthy deal with it...

Wolfay wrote:
a-rod wrote:I've never been a fan of Paul Westphal or the way he coaches defense...

I realize that his knowledge is in offense and game management, but he needs to realize that way he coaches defense dont work anymore, this isn't the 90s, his overall defensive game plan was pathetic..

Westphal doesn't exactly have the best defensive team to work with, and I'd argue that Evans is our only legit defender. Everybody else is average at best.

You seem to be the only one on this board who has a problem with Westphal. Without Westphal, I guarantee you we would be as bad as we were last year.Beno was horrible last season, But we all saw what beno can do when he's healthy, you can the same thing about wade and rose...

Spencer is clearly playing through an injury of some sort. he is not healthy deal with it...

Wolfay wrote:
a-rod wrote:I've never been a fan of Paul Westphal or the way he coaches defense...

I realize that his knowledge is in offense and game management, but he needs to realize that way he coaches defense dont work anymore, this isn't the 90s, his overall defensive game plan was pathetic..

Westphal doesn't exactly have the best defensive team to work with, and I'd argue that Evans is our only legit defender. Everybody else is average at best.

You seem to be the only one on this board who has a problem with Westphal. [b]Without Westphal, I guarantee you we would be as bad as we were last year.

:roll: There's the talent factor, i think this team is somewhat way more talented than last years...
pillwenney wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:No thanks to Deng. I read a rumor surfing hoopshype awhile back saying Gay for Reke is a possibility.

Must be true, if it's a rumor you read on Hoopshype.
:rofl:
AnDrOiDKing4
Analyst
And1: 57

Post#83 » by AnDrOiDKing4 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:52 pm

a-rod wrote:Beno was horrible last season, But we all saw what beno can do when he's healthy, you can the same thing about wade and rose...

Wolfay wrote:

You seem to be the only one on this board who has a problem with Westphal. Without Westphal, I guarantee you we would be as bad as we were last year.

:roll:

We have to go with what we got, so far Westphal has been the most impressive coach we have had since Adelman. The defense is there alot of times but the big **** ups like Hawes and JT on occasions. I mean it is sad watching on big men defending the paint and vs the pick and roll.
Lamak wrote:His playstyle is very similar to Derrick Rose, but asian.
khoffman3113
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#84 » by khoffman3113 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:59 pm

xx_skaterdude_xx wrote:Didn't get a chance to see the game, but why did Evans only take 9 shots total?

He wasn't forcing shots and was getting his shots in the flow of the offense. Evans was in foul trouble in the 1st half as well.

I'd really like to see more of what we saw down the stretch of the New Orleans game with Tyreke, I loved that gimme the ball and get the hell out of the way. Did anyone notice they ran the same inbounds play that got him a lay up, only this time he didn't have the lane.
a-rod
Assistant Coach

Post#85 » by a-rod » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:03 pm

AnDrOiDKing4 wrote:We have to go with what we got, so far Westphal has been the most impressive coach we have had since Adelman. The defense is there alot of times but the big **** ups like Hawes and JT on occasions. I mean it is sad watching on big men defending the paint and vs the pick and roll.

Fair Enough...

I think the frustration of losing close games is starting to get to me...
pillwenney wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:No thanks to Deng. I read a rumor surfing hoopshype awhile back saying Gay for Reke is a possibility.

ICMTM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 176

Post#86 » by ICMTM » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:35 pm

^ We are winning more than last year though and you're just now starting to get frustrated? I was frustrated when we got blown out by the Knicks last season. Now I'm good. We are making progress. We won't be contenders for a while, and realistically I don't think we will see the playoffs for another season or two.

I think at this point making the playoffs right now would be a setback.
KANGZZZZZ!
britblazerdude
RealGM
And1: 1,344

Post#87 » by britblazerdude » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:05 pm

The Kings have some serious talent for the future. I was at the game last night and really impressed with the ability of the team. Anyway, as you guys know one of the biggest problems in the youth. The team struggled in the fourth quarter last night because they let the situation get to their heads. I'm not saying being emotional is bad but they were not able to take control of their emotions. They were getting really pissed during the fourth and all the players were shouting at each other.

IDK if you guys have noticed this but it's just what I've got from one game watching them. Bright future ahead though.
To Dare Is To Do? 13 League Titles. You've only got 2.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,448

Post#88 » by KF10 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:34 pm

ICMTM wrote:It's NO different than when we used to see Jason Williams do the dumbest things at the end of games, or Chris Webber do something dumb. In fact remember C-Webb had a choking rep? IMO he wasn't cold as ice, but he was MUCH more formidable at the end of games than earlier in his career. There is a learning curve that takes playing in these situations to get. Our guys haven't had the playing experience.

I guess really I'm seeing what I expected to see as an objective observer. Good teams expose flaws.

I totally agree.

I was just fuming and ranting at the time. What a good night sleep can do for you. :lol:
a-rod
Assistant Coach

Post#89 » by a-rod » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:46 pm

ICMTM wrote:^ We are winning more than last year though and you're just now starting to get frustrated? I was frustrated when we got blown out by the Knicks last season. Now I'm good. We are making progress. We won't be contenders for a while, and realistically I don't think we will see the playoffs for another season or two.

I think at this point making the playoffs right now would be a setback.

last season SL:
C- brad
PF-Moore
SF-salmons
SG-martin
PG-beno

this season SL:
C- Hawes
PF-JT
SF-AN
SG-martin
PG-TE

last season was part of rebuilding process, I was expecting us to lose lots of our games as we look for a young replacement to be part of the rebuilding process. Much has changed for Sacramento since last season. this team showed me that they can stay in games and beat any team, but they cant close games on the road. the spurs having the same problems on road, meaning it doesn't matter if you are contending team or young team on the rise. if dont do the necessary things to win on the road you are not going to win....
pillwenney wrote:

Return to Sacramento Kings