Amen Thompson's Entire Shooting Clips

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

CptCrunch
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,386

Amen Thompson's Entire Shooting Clips 

Post#1 » by CptCrunch » Sat Jun 3, 2023 2:45 pm

I know there is already a thread for the Thompson twins, but didn't want these high effort videos buried.

All shots from 3

All jump shots from 2
CptCrunch
Assistant Coach

Re: Amen Thompson's Entire Shooting Clips 

Post#2 » by CptCrunch » Sat Jun 3, 2023 2:46 pm

I don't really want to hear again from anyone that OTE is actually some kind of competition when players refuse to play defense, play with zero effort, and that basically every 3 pointer is an categorized as an completely open shot from a NBA shot grading perspective.
CptCrunch
Assistant Coach

Post#3 » by CptCrunch » Mon Jun 5, 2023 2:25 am

New turnover clips are out. So much for elite vision and NBA point guard handles. Would be lucky to run a g-league offense.

SeattleJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,433

Post#4 » by SeattleJazzFan » Mon Jun 5, 2023 3:37 pm

but he was 20 playing against HS aged kids. give him a break. that's really hard.
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,394

Post#5 » by Hal14 » Mon Jun 5, 2023 3:46 pm

did we really need a separate thread for this? Just post your anti-Thomspons propoganda in the thread that already exists for the twins.
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
CptCrunch
Assistant Coach

Post#6 » by CptCrunch » Mon Jun 5, 2023 4:05 pm

Posting game clip is now propaganda. RealGM 101.

Expect nothing less from the worst posters on these forums.
deepeeenn
Senior
And1: 522

Post#7 » by deepeeenn » Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:42 am

Actually I’m glad these were posted separately, much easier to find. And really useful for me. Turnover validated everything I expected with his style of play. Too erratic, too flashy, tries too hard to make the home run pass. Confirmed how little structure there is in OTE.
The 3pt video shows just how bad his outside shot really is. Body sequence varies, off hand comes off really early I think evidenced by the ball sometimes being really of left or right. His most “in rhythm” shots look like when he’s catch and shooting. But from a standstill or off the dribble he shoots short alot. There even looks like there’s a side spin on the ball with the way it sometimes spins off the rim.
Being a Blazer fan isn't exactly healthy.
The Box Office
Starter
And1: 1,379

Post#8 » by The Box Office » Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:56 pm

Amen still got chosen as the number 4 pick.
baldur
RealGM
And1: 12,626

Post#9 » by baldur » Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:31 am

we will find out if they are legit or marketing gimmicks most likely by 2026-2027. not sure about the actual execution of the latter though. I mean how do you deceive NBA teams to select them in the top 5? Would they offer some bribe to the teams who would select from the top 10?
Hal14
RealGM

Post#10 » by Hal14 » Sun Jun 25, 2023 2:46 am

baldur wrote:we will find out if they are legit or marketing gimmicks most likely by 2026-2027.

Marketing gimmicks :lol:

Not one but TWO franchises drafted them in the top 5 picks.

These are franchises with guys whose jobs are on the line, depending on how their team performs.

These franchises are doing everything they can to win games. TWO franchises.

It's not a marketing gimmick.

It's not just those 2 franchises but every scouting service, every website, every analyst, all had them as top 10 picks.
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
baldur
RealGM
And1: 12,626

Post#11 » by baldur » Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:02 am

Hal14 wrote:
baldur wrote:we will find out if they are legit or marketing gimmicks most likely by 2026-2027.

These are franchises with guys whose jobs are on the line, depending on how their team performs.

It's not. marketing gimmick.

It's not just those 2 franchises but every scouting service, every website, every analyst, all had them as top 10 picks.

That wasn't my claim either. I'm questioning the claim that how can you possibly market players deceitfully?
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,642

Post#12 » by azcatz11 » Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:04 am

Hal14 wrote:

It's not. marketing gimmick.

Russell Westbrook and Zach LaVine were horrible shooters at UCLA. You can't teach 99%th athleticism.
CP3nthusiast
Junior
And1: 207

Post#13 » by CP3nthusiast » Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:52 am

You'd think someone who was uber-competitive and extremely hardworking would've spent hundreds of hours at the gym fixing his jumpshot, right?

Or is that too harsh?
Hal14
RealGM

Post#14 » by Hal14 » Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:52 am

CptCrunch wrote:New turnover clips are out.

Shock Defeat
General Manager
And1: 17,107

Post#15 » by Shock Defeat » Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:10 pm

CP3nthusiast wrote:You'd think someone who was uber-competitive and extremely hardworking would've spent hundreds of hours at the gym fixing his jumpshot, right?

Or is that too harsh?

Not unless they were dominating teams without the need for a jumpshot. They relied on their athleticism and it has resulted in winning games for them their whole career. Until they need to start developing a jumper that's when you will see it happen. How much did Kawhi know how to shoot before he entered the league?
CP3nthusiast
Junior
And1: 207

Post#16 » by CP3nthusiast » Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:16 pm

Shock Defeat wrote:
CP3nthusiast wrote:You'd think someone who was uber-competitive and extremely hardworking would've spent hundreds of hours at the gym fixing his jumpshot, right?

Or is that too harsh?

Not unless they were dominating teams without the need for a jumpshot. They relied on their athleticism and it has resulted in winning games for them their whole career. Until they need to start developing a jumper that's when you will see it happen. How much did Kawhi know how to shoot before he entered the league?

How many players are Kawhi Leonard?
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,172

Post#17 » by Braggins » Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:18 pm

Really wish the Rockets drafted Anthony Black...
scrabbarista
RealGM
And1: 13,864

Post#18 » by scrabbarista » Mon Jul 3, 2023 12:48 am

As he took the first shot, an "Oh my goodness" escaped my lips. I felt viscerally uncomfortable before he completed the second attempt, and I had to turn it off after the fourth before my discomfort became physical pain. I had no idea it was that bad. Now I see why all of the videos I watched just included his drives and passes. I hope the shooting coach in Houston is prepared to earn his paycheck...
Hal14
RealGM

Post#19 » by Hal14 » Thu Aug 3, 2023 11:03 pm

scrabbarista wrote:As he took the first shot, an "Oh my goodness" escaped my lips. I felt viscerally uncomfortable before he completed the second attempt, and I had to turn it off after the fourth before my discomfort became physical pain. I had no idea it was that bad. Now I see why all of the videos I watched just included his drives and passes. I hope the shooting coach in Houston is prepared to earn his paycheck...

Fortunately, Houston has probably the 2nd best shooting coach in the league, Ben Sullivan.
scrabbarista
RealGM
And1: 13,864

Post#20 » by scrabbarista » Sun Aug 6, 2023 12:56 am

Hal14 wrote:
scrabbarista wrote:As he took the first shot, an "Oh my goodness" escaped my lips. I felt viscerally uncomfortable before he completed the second attempt, and I had to turn it off after the fourth before my discomfort became physical pain. I had no idea it was that bad. Now I see why all of the videos I watched just included his drives and passes. I hope the shooting coach in Houston is prepared to earn his paycheck...

Fortunately, Houston has probably the 2nd best shooting coach in the league, Ben Sullivan.

He already looked better in SL, to be honest. Even made a three in his short stint. If Wemby can't stay healthy, there's a real chance Houston gets the best player in this loaded draft - in time.

Return to NBA Draft