Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Re: Decade Re-Draft (2020 till now) 

Post#21 » by Marcus » Tue Aug 29, 2023 5:37 pm

NYPiston wrote:
Marcus wrote:have we soured on Cade due to the injury or was he never high on radars to begin with?

That's what it seems like and it's not unfair to have him lower on the list because of the injuries but people will acknowledge him this upcoming season if he stays healthy, I'm very confident of that.

i think we get a reminder as well, there appears to be some really good pieces around him to allow him to showcase the full skillset. I still question the fit with Ivey in terms of who should be on ball to maximize both, but either way i think Cade puts himself back onto some of those radars.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
wegotthabeet
Analyst
And1: 2,004

Post#22 » by wegotthabeet » Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:08 am

Marcus wrote:
wegotthabeet wrote:
Marcus wrote:have we soured on Cade due to the injury or was he never high on radars to begin with?

dude it's way too early for this thread. it's entirely informed by recency bias. no one smart would form strong opinions this early. look at the lists posted. people here have no idea how to properly access potential. it's basically who put up the best stats on bad teams.

so skip it

bad thread. you don't even provide your own list.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,418

Post#23 » by Colbinii » Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:22 pm

wegotthabeet wrote:
Marcus wrote:
wegotthabeet wrote:
dude it's way too early for this thread. it's entirely informed by recency bias. no one smart would form strong opinions this early. look at the lists posted. people here have no idea how to properly access potential. it's basically who put up the best stats on bad teams.

so skip it

Respond to my reply to you or GTFO. Useless space.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
wegotthabeet
Analyst

Post#24 » by wegotthabeet » Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:44 pm

Colbinii wrote:
wegotthabeet wrote:
Marcus wrote:
so skip it

you are determining a player's ceiling too early in my opinion. many of whom haven't even played a game in the NBA yet.

what happens if/when a guy like Cade has a great season this year? does he climb your revised list? or a guy like Jalen Williams has a sophomore slump hypothetically? does he fall down your list?

you see you can't really properly assess a player before the end of their rookie deals and even then we've seen tons of player make a huge leaps in their 2nd contract.

let's say it was 2013 and someone made a thread like this. decade re-draft 2010 until now (2013) what's your top 10 looking like then? it would look bad in retrospect because you would have been a victim of the moment just like you are now.

no way you'd have Giannis in your top 10 without him playing an NBA game, same with Lillard, probably wouldn't have Kawhi either, he would have been just a role player to you. Jimmy Butler making your list back then? of course not.

you'd overrate some highly touted prospects and underrate others. your list is clearly indicative of this.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,418

Post#25 » by Colbinii » Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:03 pm

wegotthabeet wrote:
Colbinii wrote:
wegotthabeet wrote:

you are determining a player's ceiling too early in my opinion. many of whom haven't even played a game in the NBA yet.

what happens if/when a guy like Cade has a great season this year? does he climb your revised list? or a guy like Jalen Williams has a sophomore slump hypothetically? does he fall down your list?

Yes. Believe it or not players can move up and down based on performance :crazy:

you see you can't really properly assess a player before the end of their rookie deals and even then we've seen tons of player make a huge leaps in their 2nd contract.

Well this is a forum board based on draft prospects. I am assessing players based on the combination of their tools, mindset, skill-set and what they have done so far.

let's say it was 2013 and someone made a thread like this. decade re-draft 2010 until now (2013) what's your top 10 looking like then? it would look bad in retrospect because you would have been a victim of the moment just like you are now.

Sure, that's fine. Who cares?

no way you'd have Giannis in your top 10 without him playing an NBA game, same with Lillard, probably wouldn't have Kawhi either, he would have been just a role player to you. Jimmy Butler making your list back then? of course not.

Of course people are wrong, both in the past and in the present. That doesn't prevent people from having a discussion or presenting their current rankings--rankings which could change in the future :wink:
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
EMG518
Veteran
And1: 900

Post#26 » by EMG518 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:47 pm

I am not going to put them in order, but if I had to pick 10 players right now.

Wemby
Scoot
Banchero
Mobley
Barnes
Franz
Edwards
Maxey
Bane
Haliburton

I think Jalen Williams might be next for me, I kind of want to put him over some guys but not going too yet.

Shout out to the Thompson Twins, Chet, Jalen Green, Cade, Jabari, and Giddey
reanimator
Analyst
And1: 1,448

Post#27 » by reanimator » Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:20 pm

wegotthabeet wrote:
Colbinii wrote:
wegotthabeet wrote:

We all understand that this exercise is speculative and that evaluations are fluid. No one indulging this thinks the now will be indicative of the later.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#28 » by Marcus » Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:40 pm

wegotthabeet wrote:
Colbinii wrote:
wegotthabeet wrote:

you'd overrate some highly touted prospects and underrate others. your list is clearly indicative of this.

as much as we could have a genuine back and forth about how relevant or irrelevant this topic is, ULTIMATELY my original point will still stand. You can simply skip over this thread if you think it isn't a conversation you want to be a part of.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 65,134

Post#29 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:21 pm

This is more off the top of my head, so with more thought I may make a few changes.

Tier 1:
1. Wemby
2. Ant
3. Paolo

Tier 2:
4. Haliburton
5. Scoot
6. Mobley
7. Cade
8. Chet

Tier 3:
9. Wagner
10. LaMelo
11. Giddey

Ill cut it off there because after this group I think the players get a lot closer and harder to really separate. And just a quick breakdown on my tiers.

Tier 1 are my franchise guys. These are guys that their team will build around them with no questions asked.
Tier 2 are my multiple All NBA guys. Pretty simple, I think these guys have a legit chance to make multiple All NBAs
Tier 3 are my guys that I think can make multiple all stars.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,642

Post#30 » by azcatz11 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:55 pm

wegotthabeet wrote:
Colbinii wrote:
wegotthabeet wrote:

Why are you so entitled you feel you can dictate threads and what people want to discuss? You need to do some major self reflection
wegotthabeet
Analyst

Post#31 » by wegotthabeet » Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:02 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
wegotthabeet wrote:
Colbinii wrote:

Why are you so entitled you feel you can dictate threads and what people want to discuss? You need to do some major self reflection

this is a bit much. i'm not telling people what to discuss.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,181

Post#32 » by watch1958 » Sat Sep 2, 2023 3:47 pm

wegotthabeet wrote:
Colbinii wrote:
wegotthabeet wrote:

Just like the real draft. That’s why this thread is about a re-draft.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
watch1958
General Manager

Post#33 » by watch1958 » Sat Sep 2, 2023 3:52 pm

Interesting that no one mentioned Austin Reaves. Wasn’t he part of the 21 draft class?
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 65,134

Post#34 » by Duke4life831 » Sat Sep 2, 2023 6:41 pm

watch1958 wrote:Interesting that no one mentioned Austin Reaves. Wasn’t he part of the 21 draft class?

I think thats just more to the fact that I think only one person so far has done a list beyond 10 guys. And I dont really see the argument for him being top 10.
watch1958
General Manager

Post#35 » by watch1958 » Sat Sep 2, 2023 7:46 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
watch1958 wrote:Interesting that no one mentioned Austin Reaves. Wasn’t he part of the 21 draft class?

I think thats just more to the fact that I think only one person so far has done a list beyond 10 guys. And I dont really see the argument for him being top 10.
That’s true. I am still surprised. :lol:
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,505

Post#36 » by babyjax13 » Sun Sep 3, 2023 4:59 am

I had him high and still really like him. I had a really hard time filling out 8/9/10. Honestly I think I like him more than Franz and Bane and should have put him on my list.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl

Return to NBA Draft