Kylan Boswell, PG, Arizona

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,239

Re: Kylan Boswell, PG, Arizona 

Post#61 » by EvanZ » Mon Feb 5, 2024 8:45 pm

___Rand___ wrote:He never had the athleticism in the first place. His vision is very good and his BBIQ is high for an 18 year old. That's where the promise is - his brain. He can shoot the 3, he plays solid defense. If this draft is as bad as people say, who's to say he isn't going to go late in 1st round?

My guess is "his camp" :lol:
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
___Rand___
RealGM
And1: 10,514

Post#62 » by ___Rand___ » Tue Feb 6, 2024 1:48 am

EvanZ wrote:
___Rand___ wrote:He never had the athleticism in the first place. His vision is very good and his BBIQ is high for an 18 year old. That's where the promise is - his brain. He can shoot the 3, he plays solid defense. If this draft is as bad as people say, who's to say he isn't going to go late in 1st round?

My guess is "his camp" :lol:

I haven't seen anything that says Boswell is going to be in the top 15. Obviously anyone in his circle will always hype their guy as anyone should. Everything I've seen to date says 2nd round, and if he is there I'd take him as he's better than Flynn at this stage who was a late 1st round pick. He's going to be a nice backup PG as a young player, and I'd give him a few years to round into a mature basketball player and point guard where he is going to be a good rotation player for most teams. He doesn't have all-star potential no. He isn't a Brunson, but yes an FVV type.

I should add he's been struggling as of late, and isn't showing well. Let's hope he snap out of it in time for March.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,277

Post#63 » by clyde21 » Tue Feb 6, 2024 5:38 am

i mean, in conference he's shooting 32/32/67

yea, he's been cold, but he was also absurdly hot to start the year and that wasn't sustainable at all. also his FTr is still a huge red flag. 19 FT attempts in 22 games. even his assist rate dropped in conference and his usage is at 16.

right now you're betting on his age and the possibility of having outlier IQ...that's really it tbh. if he was true sophomore aged would we be talking about him as a 1st rounder?

Return to NBA Draft