Re: James Bouknight 

Post#101 » by SmoothLefty21 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:34 pm

Bouknight up to #8 in DX's latest mock.
UnbelievablyRAW
Analyst
And1: 3,678

Post#102 » by UnbelievablyRAW » Fri Jul 2, 2021 3:20 pm

I can’t wait to be right about it this guy. People are overthinking things with him. He’s gonna be a great scorer then everyone is gonna act shocked lmao
"Above average role player is now being paid like a superstar from one good playoff series. This will end up as one of the worst contracts in the league." paulbball on Pascal Siakam
UnbelievablyRAW
Analyst

Post#103 » by UnbelievablyRAW » Fri Jul 2, 2021 3:22 pm

Before the Raptors moved up I wanted us to pick this guy so bad
"Above average role player is now being paid like a superstar from one good playoff series. This will end up as one of the worst contracts in the league." paulbball on Pascal Siakam
NYCbeadyrae
Freshman
And1: 32

Post#104 » by NYCbeadyrae » Fri Jul 2, 2021 6:35 pm

UnbelievablyRAW wrote:I can’t wait to be right about it this guy. People are overthinking things with him. He’s gonna be a great scorer then everyone is gonna act shocked lmao

The biggest issue he faced at UConn was spacing. He didn’t have scorers around him so he was doubled operating without space. He’s a much better shooter than the numbers indicate. He shot 35% as a freshman but was shooting 60% until midway through the season when he started to get doubled. He’ll have space in the league. He’ll be a scary good scorer.
kobyz
Rookie
And1: 273

Post#105 » by kobyz » Fri Jul 2, 2021 7:22 pm

Reminds me a bigger Reggie Jackson
EMG518
Veteran
And1: 900

Post#106 » by EMG518 » Fri Jul 2, 2021 8:26 pm

I don't know if I can get past him turning the ball over more than assisting and not being efficient scoring either. Clearly talented so if he puts it all together he will be worth the pick but I don't think I can't take him in the lottery in such a strong draft personally.
NYCbeadyrae
Freshman

Post#107 » by NYCbeadyrae » Sat Jul 3, 2021 11:53 pm

EMG518 wrote:I don't know if I can get past him turning the ball over more than assisting and not being efficient scoring either. Clearly talented so if he puts it all together he will be worth the pick but I don't think I can't take him in the lottery in such a strong draft personally.

You can’t see him in the lotto??? Every reputable mock has him 6-8. He’s a natural. The dynamics of the team hurt him Uconn was a defensive oriented team with one scoring option, Bouknight. He has no space, was immediately doubled every possession. As a freshman before teams started doubling him he was shooting 60% from 3 and 70% from the floor. He’s a completely ambidextrous ball handler, 3 level scorer. With space he’s going to be Devin Booker esq. IF he can stay healthy. He will not make it past 8. I’d bet my life on it. Every GM in the mid to late lotto range is in love. Talk of teams moving up.
EMG518
Veteran

Post#108 » by EMG518 » Sun Jul 4, 2021 2:14 am

NYCbeadyrae wrote:
EMG518 wrote:I don't know if I can get past him turning the ball over more than assisting and not being efficient scoring either. Clearly talented so if he puts it all together he will be worth the pick but I don't think I can't take him in the lottery in such a strong draft personally.

You can’t see him in the lotto??? Every reputable mock has him 6-8. He’s a natural. The dynamics of the team hurt him Uconn was a defensive oriented team with one scoring option, Bouknight. He has no space, was immediately doubled every possession. As a freshman before teams started doubling him he was shooting 60% from 3 and 70% from the floor. He’s a completely ambidextrous ball handler, 3 level scorer. With space he’s going to be Devin Booker esq. IF he can stay healthy. He will not make it past 8. I’d bet my life on it. Every GM in the mid to late lotto range is in love. Talk of teams moving up.

I would never say a prospect won't go in the lotto as I have literally zero control over what general managers do.

I said in such a deep draft I personally would not take him in the lotto. See the difference?

If he puts it all together he will be worth the pick but to me there are glaring shortcomings which is why I would not personally. Has not shot the ball well or scored efficiently, does not get others involved in the offense, literally turns the ball over much more than he assists. Real issue for me.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,384

Post#109 » by ItsDanger » Tue Jul 6, 2021 3:56 pm

Outside of the top 4, Bouknight has the most scoring upside. Someone who can finish at the rim at high rate, draw fouls, score in a variety of ways, off ball or on, rebounds. I'm not seeing the diverse offensive package from these other SGs. Not concerned about his shooting at all. Would like to see his offhand more. Odds are Orlando is going to grab him. Earlier mocks at around #20 just proves these guys who do this for a living are a complete joke.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
NYCbeadyrae
Freshman

Post#110 » by NYCbeadyrae » Wed Jul 7, 2021 7:47 pm

ItsDanger wrote:Outside of the top 4, Bouknight has the most scoring upside. Someone who can finish at the rim at high rate, draw fouls, score in a variety of ways, off ball or on, rebounds. I'm not seeing the diverse offensive package from these other SGs. Not concerned about his shooting at all. Would like to see his offhand more. Odds are Orlando is going to grab him. Earlier mocks at around #20 just proves these guys who do this for a living are a complete joke.

CBS moved him up to #5 on the big board. I’m not concerned about his left. He goes left quite often. More than Green. I’m more concerned about his durability. Kid like seeks hard contact. He’s going to have to change his game or add weight which will in turn change his game.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2021-nba-draft-big-board-updated-top-100-prospect-rankings-risers-and-fallers/
UnbelievablyRAW
Analyst

Post#111 » by UnbelievablyRAW » Thu Jul 8, 2021 5:13 pm

Orlando coming out with Barnes and Bouknight would be a major haul and address team needs
NYCbeadyrae
Freshman

Post#112 » by NYCbeadyrae » Fri Jul 9, 2021 7:41 pm

UnbelievablyRAW wrote:Orlando coming out with Barnes and Bouknight would be a major haul and address team needs

The problem is that GSW clearly like Bouknight and he’s a good system fit there. He may not be there at 8. They may have to move up or take him at 5 if they really like him.
ciueli
Analyst
And1: 2,314

Post#113 » by ciueli » Fri Jul 9, 2021 8:27 pm

NYCbeadyrae wrote:
UnbelievablyRAW wrote:Orlando coming out with Barnes and Bouknight would be a major haul and address team needs

The problem is that GSW clearly like Bouknight and he’s a good system fit there. He may not be there at 8. They may have to move up or take him at 5 if they really like him.

How is he a good fit in Golden State? He's a ball dominant guard that doesn't pass or shoot catch and shoot 3s well.
NYCbeadyrae
Freshman

Post#114 » by NYCbeadyrae » Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:11 am

ciueli wrote:
NYCbeadyrae wrote:

No you have it backwards. He’s the best shooter in the draft with 2 feet or more of separation. That’s why he was instantly doubled and teams went over screens on him. Scouting report out of high school was lights out 3 point shooter, shot like 60% from 3 before he started getting doubled second half of last year, he has the best mechanics and shot the best in his pro-day in the entire draft. 20 straight 3s from the corner. He was injured and had no space at all this year for UConn, everyone who watches tape knows why he only shot 30% from 3(35% as freshman)
EMG518
Veteran

Post#115 » by EMG518 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:50 am

NYCbeadyrae wrote:
ciueli wrote:
NYCbeadyrae wrote:

No you have it backwards. He’s the best shooter in the draft with 2 feet or more of separation. That’s why he was instantly doubled and teams went over screens on him. Scouting report out of high school was lights out 3 point shooter, shot like 60% from 3 before he started getting doubled second half of last year, he has the best mechanics and shot the best in his pro-day in the entire draft. 20 straight 3s from the corner. He was injured and had no space at all this year for UConn, everyone who watches tape knows why he only shot 30% from 3(35% as freshman)

He shot 77.8% from the line, pretty sure he wasn't being doubled. You are smoking something if you think he is the best shooter in the draft.
SmoothLefty21
Starter
And1: 2,410

Post#116 » by SmoothLefty21 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:35 pm

Bouknight will be off the board by 8 with a chance at going 5th.
NYCbeadyrae
Freshman

Post#117 » by NYCbeadyrae » Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:31 am

SmoothLefty21 wrote:Bouknight will be off the board by 8 with a chance at going 5th.

Agreed. If he falls past 5 I think a team like the Knicks or Pacers are going to move up to take him.
Upperclass
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,801

Post#118 » by Upperclass » Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:04 am

Headed to OKC if not the raptors
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,277

Post#119 » by clyde21 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:24 pm

UnbelievablyRAW wrote:I can’t wait to be right about it this guy. People are overthinking things with him. He’s gonna be a great scorer then everyone is gonna act shocked lmao

most people already know he's going to be a good scorer, problem is everything else, right now he projects as a Jordan Clarkson bench scorer type unless his other ancillary skills develop in the NBA.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,277

Post#120 » by clyde21 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:25 pm

NYCbeadyrae wrote:

really? based on what?

Return to NBA Draft