Sixth Man
And1: 987

Re: 2024 NBA Combine thread 

Post#101 » by Waynearchetype » Mon May 13, 2024 5:17 pm

JMAC3 wrote:
DaddyCool19 wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:
Spinzone lol.

Plenty of guys measured roughly what they were listed at or even taller. Sheppard is no where close to a riser.

Could you list some of them?

Clingan, Edey, Ware, Carrington, De Silva, Antonio Reeves, Terrence Shannon, Jalen Bridges all were pretty much their listed heights.

Another 10 or 15 were within an inch but not going to list out every single player.

but yes some were 2 inches shorter, mostly the wings who all have huge wingspans. Would not say that was the norm from 30 player sample I just looked at.

What would you say the average is? Is 1.25" loss better than the average or worse? Because I feel like I'm going to have to do the math to prove what is obvious to most folks but I really don't want to.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,828

Post#102 » by Rafael122 » Mon May 13, 2024 5:20 pm

Both things can be true, college measurements include with shoes, but Sheppard's measurements are still not great.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
JMAC3
RealGM
And1: 4,314

Post#103 » by JMAC3 » Mon May 13, 2024 5:23 pm

JMAC3 wrote:
DaddyCool19 wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:
Spinzone lol.

Plenty of guys measured roughly what they were listed at or even taller. Sheppard is no where close to a riser.

Clingan, Edey, Ware, Carrington, De Silva, Antonio Reeves, Terrence Shannon, Jalen Bridges all were pretty much their listed heights.

Another 10 or 15 were within an inch but not going to list out every single player.

but yes some were 2 inches shorter, mostly the wings who all have huge wingspans. Would not say that was the norm from 30 player sample I just looked at.

It is average at best. McCain lost an inch, Mccullar less than inch, Knecht less than inch, Pelle was taller, Djurisic an inch, Kyshawn an inch...

Like even if 1.5 inches shorter is the avg, are you really trying to collect a gold star for Reed? Especially when he still has a bad weight and wingspan compared to the field.
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,294

Post#104 » by clyde21 » Mon May 13, 2024 5:24 pm

Flip negative w/s is brutal man
JMAC3
RealGM

Post#105 » by JMAC3 » Mon May 13, 2024 5:26 pm

clyde21 wrote:Flip negative w/s is brutal man

Your boy Judah Mintz was pretty bad WS and also not getting a combine invite, figured you would be rioting in the streets.
Big Board
Waynearchetype
Sixth Man

Post#106 » by Waynearchetype » Mon May 13, 2024 5:28 pm

JMAC3 wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:
DaddyCool19 wrote:

It is average at best. McCain lost an inch, Mccullar less than inch, Knecht less than inch, Pelle was taller, Djurisic an inch, Kyshawn an inch...

Like even if 1.5 inches shorter is the avg, are you really trying to collect a gold star for Reed? Especially when he still has a bad weight and wingspan compared to the field.

If something is better than average I usually consider it to be better than average, yes, I think most folks do. I think you want to reframe this as me saying "ITS INCREDIBLE HE MUST BE #1 NOW!" when that just isn't the case and wasn't anything I ever said. People who did better than average are risers, that should be a no brainer.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,294

Post#107 » by clyde21 » Mon May 13, 2024 5:34 pm

JMAC3 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:Flip negative w/s is brutal man

Your boy Judah Mintz was pretty bad WS and also not getting a combine invite, figured you would be rioting in the streets.

Judah Mintz has **** measureables, we knew this from last year's combine

you thought you did something there huh?
JMAC3
RealGM

Post#108 » by JMAC3 » Mon May 13, 2024 5:35 pm

Waynearchetype wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:

If something is better than average I usually consider it to be better than average, yes, I think most folks do. I think you want to reframe this as me saying "ITS INCREDIBLE HE MUST BE #1 NOW!" when that just isn't the case and wasn't anything I ever said. People who did better than average are risers, that should be a no brainer.

You said he was a riser based on the measurement tho lol. So I guess at least 25+ guys are all risers for measuring within 1.5 inches lol
Big Board
Waynearchetype
Sixth Man

Post#109 » by Waynearchetype » Mon May 13, 2024 5:51 pm

JMAC3 wrote:
You said he was a riser based on the measurement tho lol. So I guess at least 25+ guys are all risers for measuring within 1.5 inches lol

I dont know how else to explain such a basic concept to you. Sheppard and Dillingham have been mocked right next to each other all year, If you are putting any amount of stock into height, even if its just a little, losing 1.25" is better than losing 2" no? Therefor, his stock rised, right?

Man, it's so tiresome that some of the loudest people on this forum want to fight about everything and need simple logic explained to them.
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 13,783

Post#110 » by Chuck Everett » Mon May 13, 2024 5:58 pm

Dillingham, McCain and Sheppard will all have to play the point guard or next to a big playmaker. They are too small to be starters otherwise.

ETA: Collier's measurements are horrific as well. Wouldn't shock me to see him fall to the second round. Without elite size, what are you really getting with him? He may have to grind his way to an NBA career.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,862

Post#111 » by Jcool0 » Mon May 13, 2024 6:37 pm

EmpireFalls wrote:Knecht Height w/o shoes: 6' 5.25', standing reach: 8' 7.50'' wingspan 6' 9.00''

I was hoping he'd be taller.

He was listed as 6'6", not sure why you thought he was taller.
SeattleJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,434

Post#112 » by SeattleJazzFan » Mon May 13, 2024 6:41 pm

Sheppard with the 42" vert.

somebody said he fudged his standing reach a bit for the purposes of making his vertical look better, but even if the true number is "only" 40", that's still damn impressive.
HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man
And1: 919

Post#113 » by HadAnEffectHere » Mon May 13, 2024 6:43 pm

Buzelis was outshot by Clingan and Missi in the shooting drills.

.................... I think this guy's draft stock is completely dependent on being white. There's just nothing here.
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,876

Post#114 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Mon May 13, 2024 6:43 pm

HadAnEffectHere wrote:These are HORRIBLE Cody Williams measurements.

178 pounds at PF is just so bad.

He's legitimately 50 pounds underweight right now.

Dude is Austin Daye basically with these measurements
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,481

Post#115 » by babyjax13 » Mon May 13, 2024 6:44 pm

Waynearchetype wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:

I dont know how else to explain such a basic concept to you. Sheppard and Dillingham have been mocked right next to each other all year, If you are putting any amount of stock into height, even if its just a little, losing 1.25" is better than losing 2" no? Therefor, his stock rised, right?

Man, it's so tiresome that some of the loudest people on this forum want to fight about everything and need simple logic explained to them.

They are shorter than they were listed, their stock did not rise. I get that you think everyone's height goes down two inches, but that isn't really true.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
EmpireFalls
Starter
And1: 3,874

Post#116 » by EmpireFalls » Mon May 13, 2024 6:45 pm

HadAnEffectHere wrote:Buzelis was outshot by Clingan and Missi in the shooting drills.

.................... I think this guy's draft stock is completely dependent on being white. There's just nothing here.

Actually, if Matas was black, people would have a much better understanding of what he actually does well.

His archetype as a legitimately athletic 4 with ball handling and secondary rim protection skills would make a lot more sense to people.
HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man
And1: 919

Post#117 » by HadAnEffectHere » Mon May 13, 2024 6:45 pm

EmpireFalls wrote:
HadAnEffectHere wrote:Buzelis was outshot by Clingan and Missi in the shooting drills.

Actually, if Matas was black, people would have a much better understanding of what he actually does well.

His archetype as a legitimately athletic 4 with ball handling and secondary rim protection skills would make a lot more sense to people.

He is not athletic, he's toast at the next level. He's Brandon Ingram with short arms and no jumpshot and no one would ever want that guy on your team.

He can barely handle the ball at all outside of iso situations and he should never get iso plays in the NBA.
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#118 » by babyjax13 » Mon May 13, 2024 6:46 pm

SeattleJazzFan wrote:Sheppard with the 42" vert.

somebody said he fudged his standing reach a bit for the purposes of making his vertical look better, but even if the true number is "only" 40", that's still damn impressive.

I'm 5-11 and my wingspan is about the even. My standing reach is the same as Sheppard's was. I think his vertical is more likely 34-36 inches.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
SeattleJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,434

Post#119 » by SeattleJazzFan » Mon May 13, 2024 6:48 pm

babyjax13 wrote:

I'm 5-11 and my wingspan is about the same. My standing reach is the same as Sheppard's was. I think his vertical is more likely 34-36 inches.

huh? what does your height, wingspan and standing reach have to do with how high Reed Sheppard jumped at the combine?
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#120 » by babyjax13 » Mon May 13, 2024 6:49 pm

SeattleJazzFan wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:

I'm 5-11 and my wingspan is about the same. My standing reach is the same as Sheppard's was. I think his vertical is more likely 34-36 inches.

huh? what does your height and wingspan have to do with how high Reed Sheppard jumped at the combine?

I am saying I am much smaller than Redd Sheppard and my standing reach is 7-9. There is no way his is even close to that. The vertical numbers from him are useless.

JColl

Return to NBA Draft