Alperen Şengün

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,278

Re: Alperen Şengün 

Post#1061 » by clyde21 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:10 pm

bruh, this is weird af, drop it and go figure it out offline my guy.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#1062 » by Stillwater » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:13 pm

clyde21 wrote:bruh, this is weird af, drop it and go figure it out offline my guy.

I am weird what can I say lol everyone gets bacne during puberty but most don't have it at 19... he has to be doping right
whatever I am as usual taken way too seriously lol
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#1063 » by Marcus » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:54 pm

Pretty talented basketball player. lets get the topic back on track and keep it basketball.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Morse Code
Head Coach
And1: 8,451

Post#1064 » by Morse Code » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:05 pm

He’s a damn slug defensively, as originally thought. He can block a shot if he’s already on the block, but he’s not going to be able to play drop coverage every possession especially with the likes of MPJ and Green “defending” the perimeter. Rockets fans better hope Garuda can guard 5 people.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#1065 » by clyde21 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:13 pm

Morse Code wrote:He’s a damn slug defensively, as originally thought. He can block a shot if he’s already on the block, but he’s not going to be able to play drop coverage every possession especially with the likes of MPJ and Green “defending” the perimeter. Rockets fans better hope Garuda can guard 5 people.

MPJ plays for Denver and Green is a plenty adequate perimeter defender
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 8,004

Post#1066 » by BlazersBroncos » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:37 pm

I dont really see a slug at all. On switches he will struggle, but he is going to be at least average guarding his man. He has a great base and his contest, against his man or anyone, is really good. He knows how to go straight up w/o fouling to contest.

No one ever said he was Nerlens Noel on switches. There are like 5 switchy C's in the whole league.
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,965

Post#1067 » by K_chile22 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:35 am

He is slow footed but feel like it gets overstated quite a bit because
1. He's European
2. The archetype of old-school center he gets put under

I don't think his defense will be much of an issue in the regular season. He could get picked on in the playoffs though, but also we just saw a team win the finals playing brook lopez a ton
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,239

Post#1068 » by EvanZ » Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:01 pm

K_chile22 wrote:He is slow footed but feel like it gets overstated quite a bit because
1. He's European
2. The archetype of old-school center he gets put under

I don't think his defense will be much of an issue in the regular season. He could get picked on in the playoffs though, but also we just saw a team win the finals playing brook lopez a ton

Well, he's at least faster than Luka Garza. :lol:
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,239

Post#1069 » by EvanZ » Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:01 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Morse Code wrote:He’s a damn slug defensively, as originally thought. He can block a shot if he’s already on the block, but he’s not going to be able to play drop coverage every possession especially with the likes of MPJ and Green “defending” the perimeter. Rockets fans better hope Garuda can guard 5 people.

I assume he meant KPJ?
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#1070 » by clyde21 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:20 pm

EvanZ wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

I assume he meant KPJ?

i know, it was a pretty non serious post so I didnt bother with that part
kdthunderup
Pro Prospect
And1: 535

Post#1071 » by kdthunderup » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:15 am

He will need to become a solid shooter if he wants to stay on the floor in playoff situations. Bigs that can’t shoot and defend are not going to get much playing time in many situations.
Clawed
Ballboy
And1: 16

Post#1072 » by Clawed » Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:14 pm

Does anyone remember back before the "3 and D" archetype was so popular there was a negative stereotype against 3 point shooters that they will be bad at defense? I remember even as recent as the 2011 draft where the two top SG's were Klay Thompson and Alec Burks, people just basically assumed that Klay Thompson was a worse defender than Alec Burks and I would argue it was in part to this stereotype. I think people assumed divers are able to dive often because they are more athletic and have longer arms and that this is more likely to translate to defense. The archetype of a great shooter was someone like Ray Allen, Reggie Miller, and to a lesser extant Steve Kerr who weren't necessarily great defenders. I think there is a stereotype like this against great offensive post players (and maybe morso Eurobigs or white bigs) that if they are good at getting rebounds and points, they aren't good at defense. I would argue that because Alperen is good at scoring and rebounding he is assumed to be in the same mold as some of these recent bigmen who are good at offense and rebounding and terrible on D.
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,399

Post#1073 » by MasterIchiro » Wed Oct 6, 2021 3:03 am

Had some foul trouble tonight. 5 fouls in 13 minutes. Wow. So should we cancel his Rookie of the Year trophy?
It has been written...
SeattleJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,434

Post#1074 » by SeattleJazzFan » Wed Oct 6, 2021 9:01 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:Had some foul trouble tonight. 5 fouls in 13 minutes. Wow. So should we cancel his Rookie of the Year trophy?

pretty productive while he was in the game, however, with 8 rebs and 3 assists in those 13 minutes.
K_chile22
RealGM

Post#1075 » by K_chile22 » Wed Oct 6, 2021 10:15 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:Had some foul trouble tonight. 5 fouls in 13 minutes. Wow. So should we cancel his Rookie of the Year trophy?

He was a bit overaggressive on loose balls lol
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,573

Post#1076 » by HardenGoat » Mon Dec 6, 2021 3:41 am

Despite his foul propensity he is playing really well. The coach needs to use him at point more and let plays develop through him. He is showing he knows how to read defenses and has excellent passing ability.
RollingWave
Sixth Man
And1: 737

Post#1077 » by RollingWave » Mon Dec 6, 2021 5:10 am

I'd like to not get overhyped but outside of him fouling himself out of games, this guy is exciting as hell, there really is a bit of Jokic in his game, and because he has so many different moves its clear opponents are really flustered when guarding him as there's just no telling what he's going to, haven't seen a guy who's drop step work this well in a long time.
The river of time wash away all heroes
CptCrunch
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,378

Post#1078 » by CptCrunch » Mon Dec 6, 2021 2:07 pm

HardenGoat wrote:Despite his foul propensity he is playing really well. The coach needs to use him at point more and let plays develop through him. He is showing he knows how to read defenses and has excellent passing ability.

This could be an issue knowing that the coach isn't playing more than 19 minutes a game so he goes wild in that time.

He is an extremely smart defender and amazing passer. Not saying he can play point in the future like Jokic, but no other PF/C in the league other than Jokic has his vision (not counting the SFs like LeBron/Ben playing PF).
K_chile22
RealGM

Post#1079 » by K_chile22 » Mon Dec 6, 2021 2:55 pm

CptCrunch wrote:
HardenGoat wrote:Despite his foul propensity he is playing really well. The coach needs to use him at point more and let plays develop through him. He is showing he knows how to read defenses and has excellent passing ability.

This could be an issue knowing that the coach isn't playing more than 19 minutes a game so he goes wild in that time.

He is an extremely smart defender and amazing passer. Not saying he can play point in the future like Jokic, but no other PF/C in the league other than Jokic has his vision (not counting the SFs like LeBron/Ben playing PF).

The second unit has already started transitioning to the Sengun show, where he's getting the ball up top, directing traffic, running DHOs, attacking switches in the post. He's so good. His offensive feel is legitimately special
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,573

Post#1080 » by HardenGoat » Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:20 am

Watched his last few games and every time he comes on the floor the tide turns and Rockets make a run. Giannis had to go nuclear to win their last game after he dominated and took Boogie out of the game. Insane talent for a 19 year old. Kid is going to be a star player in the league once his shot develops. He reminds me of Scola merged with Jokic.

Return to NBA Draft