Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,241

Re: Summer League Discussion 

Post#161 » by EvanZ » Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:55 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:I mean you really can’t get anything more official than barefoot measurements at the NBA combine. If you don’t believe those numbers, might as well not believe any measurement at all for anything. And if there is no baseline that people can’t all agree on to start the conversation on, pretty pointless to have the conversation.

I believe my eyes when hes on the court and he's not 6'7. It will be easy to put to bed once the season starts and we see him next to some guys again.

He's probably around 6'5 in a half

Shouldnt this put it to bed?

https://www.nba.com/stats/draft/combine-anthro

6'5.75" barefoot measurement at the combine. Isnt that a more reliable source than trying to judge a player's actual height from your living room watching him on TV where guys are slouching, guys are at different distances and angles from the camera, wearing shoes with different amount of padding and so on? And its not like that height is not them pushing down on his hair or anything, the dude had his hair down at the combine.

Like what are we thinking? He was on his tippy toes at the combine when he got measured and no one cared? I just dont see how we can get anything more legit than barefoot height measured at the combine.

Do you think you’re the first one that made this argument?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.

Return to NBA Draft